Lock 14: A Friend to Him
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I've been crying for more than an hour, and Ley stayed and never left my side. I'm starting to calm down now. I rubbed my eyes to wipe off my tears and nose. His right shoulder is all wet because of me. I feel shy looking at it to think it's because of my tears and some snots too. He just smiled at me, and he used his thumb to remove the remaining droplet on my cheeks.

Other students are already going home by this moment. We missed the last class this afternoon. I wanted to get away from the attention they are throwing at me. We only decided to go home when the outside starts to darken. There are only a few people left on the campus.

Ley is taking the lead going home. We were walking on the sidewalk, and I'm on his left side near the road. I wasn't paying attention at all to my surroundings. There was a fast car that pass by that almost hit me. Luckily, Ley acted immediately, and he was able to grab me beforehand.

The car stops for a while, not so far from us, "Watch where you are going!" the driver shouts and leaves, driving fast again.

After that Ley, and I switch places. He said I might get into an accident walking so carelessly. We were walking for a couple of minutes already, and I notice that it isn't the way to go home, but the route going to the Café Blanca. I went straight to sit at my favorite spot while Ley ordered for the two of us.

I was about to give my share on the bills to him when he said, "it's on me, so have yourself," presenting the food he ordered.

I felt a little happy to see my comfort food. Maybe a blueberry cheesecake and a cup of jasmine tea could ease the pain I am with right now. Maybe, just for a couple of minutes, I could forget what happened earlier.

Now and then, I would look into nothingness. Ley is just in front of me, enjoying the treats on his plate, savoring every bit of sugar in his chocolate cake. Then suddenly, a guy approached our table holding a plate in his hand. I think he is a new part-timer here based on the apron he is wearing. He looks fine, but I did not pay much attention, so Ley talked to him.

"What can I do for you?" Ley asked.

"Uhmm... Can I talk to him?" the guy asked while pointing his lips to me. Is he referring to me?

Ley tapped my hand and said, "He wants to talk to you." I looked at him, and he placed the plate on our table.

"I didn't order anything," I said.

"It's free to cheer you up because you look sad since you entered the café. I don't know what you prefer, so I assumed you'd like the blueberry cheesecake as it's the one the other guy ordered for you. By the way, I'm Liam," he said while stretching his hands to me.

"Ziggy is the name," and I shake his hand.

"Here's the number. Call me if you need anything or just someone you can talk to," Liam put a piece of paper and leaves.

I did not bother to look at it and just put it in my pants pocket. Ley is glaring at me, and I have no idea why.

"WHAT?"

"That guy likes you," Ley plainly said.

I disagreed. "No, Liam is just friendly, that's all. No one would ever dare to like me. Remember what Shane did to me earlier," me reminding him that it's impossible for someone to love me.

"Do not contact that guy or just throw that paper away," he said, but I do not care at all.

After spending an hour, we decided to went home. On my way to the exit when Liam waved and smiled at me, but I only smiled at him, a force one.

"I'm tired," I said in my mind, but I spoke it so loudly. Ley looks at me, and he went down. He tapped his back, signaling that he will carry me at his back, a piggyback ride.

I said, "No, I can still walk," but my feet are uncooperative as I almost fall because of the unbalanced. Thankfully Ley was there to catch me.

"See, you are not okay. I'll carry you on my back," I can no longer argue, and so, Ley carried me home.

"Thank you," That's the only thing I can say, and I felt so embarrassed because I'm causing too much trouble to him. I don't know if I could still be fine if not for him. I am just so glad that he is my friend.

He sent me in front of our house, "Don't think of what happened today and have rest. My house is just beside yours so if you need anything. I'm one called away, always." he told me. Then, he puts his hands as if it's a telephone.

Ley felt so warm. I wanted to cry because he is just so kind, and I feel like I do not deserve him. "Thank you for being my friend," I uttered, and I send him home with my eyes as I watch him went home before coming inside.

I went straight to my room and locked the doors. I was trying to open the lights, but it seems broken too. I see no difference between my room and my broken heart. It's filled with darkness, and I see no light.

All of the emotions that I've been holding on, burst out through my tears and quiet sobs. I cannot make any noise. I want to scream, but I must not because I don't want my Mom to know that I'm crying because of the guy. They know I'm gay, and they let me who I want to be, but they are not totally fine with it. We never talked about it.

I cried all night by myself until I fall asleep.

0