Lock 20: True Savior
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I opened my eyes, I see a white light. For god's sake, I'm not in heaven, just the fluorescent light. Being beaten up so badly would not kill me, and obviously, I will not be going up there. I'm in the school's infirmary if I'm not mistaken. Examining the place from my left to right, I'm the only patient, and there was Ley at the bedside.

He was sleeping using his arms as a cushion, then all of a sudden, he raised his head and rubbed his eyes as he looks at me. Maybe I've woken him up from my movements.

"Does anything hurt?" Ley, checking my condition. I shake off my head to indicate that there's no part of my body was hurting.

"Who did this you? I'll get back to them." He looks angry, and I am scared he'd act out of violence.

I did not want to talk about it because if Ley let his emotions get to him, he might act carelessly, and I don't want this to be a big issue. It's okay that I'm only the one suffering and enduring this.

"It's all my fault. It would not happen if we went home together," Ley said while crying.

"That's nonsense. I was not looking on my way, that's why. You've done nothing wrong. I am to blame," I said.

By the way, who brought me here? Ley is the only person with me, so he must be it. I should ask him.

"Are the one who brought me here?" I asked, and he nodded.

He wipes his tears as the school nurse walked in. The nurse assessed my well-being and reminded me of some things.

"There's no major, major damages nor any problems like bone fracture or dislocation. I've already cleaned and treated your wounds and some bruises. You are good to go and take a lot of rest when you got home," she explained nicely, making me feel more at ease than earlier. She gets back to her post as she waits for us to leave. Her actions are not rude and quite the opposite of being rude. It has been three hours since the dismissal, and she should be home by now, but she needs to overtime because of me.

We packed our things and went out of the school clinic. Ley was helping me to walk because I am limping. Yes, I said that I was okay. However, my body is not that okay, and I'm having difficulty while walking. I only said it so this guy with me will not worry so much.

We have reached the gate, and Ley suddenly stops and turns to face me.

"You can't go home like this. You cannot even stand upright. Let's take a tricycle," Ley said.

"Okay," even if I say I can manage, he wouldn't listen. There's no point to argue.

In front of the gate, I cannot enter the house because I've forgotten my keys, what a day to have. I pressed the doorbell to call Manang Linda inside. We waited, and she was shocked to see me.

"What happened to you?" she looks perturbed.

"Nothing, some accident happened, but I'm okay. Don't tell Mom and Dad about it," I lied regarding my bruises and the bandages around me. My parents are going to be mad if they learned about the truth.

"Okay, if that's what you wanted to. Luckily that Dreil and Danilo are not here, they will be very anxious if they see you like this," she said as she agrees to my favor.

Mom and Dad are on a business trip now, so it's only Manang Linda and I are here in the house.

"Don't worry. I'll take care of this child here," Ley butts in. Wait, where is the child?

Ley sends me to my room, and before leaving, he said, "I'll be back. I'll sleep over for the time being until you are okay. It is for Manang, so you would not disturb her if you need something in the middle of the night."

When he comes back, he has his uniform with him for tomorrow and other things he needs. He was watching an anime, One Piece, I think before I went into slumber.

It's 11 PM, and I woke hungry as I haven't had dinner yet. I'm having a hard time moving my body as some parts are still hurting from the punches and kick I've taken. I cannot get up quickly, but with the strength that I have, my body was able to walk and have a grasp of the wall. I was leaning to support my body to stand and prevent myself from falling. Moreover, my eyes can't see a thing, so I switched on the lights. Maybe I can manage to get all the way down to the kitchen.

The light ceases the darkness of the room. I saw Ley sleeping on a mat and blankets on the floor. He gets up, which I thought he was asleep. Yeah. He was sleeping soundly long before I open the light and woke him up because of that. He yawns and sees me leaning on the wall.

"What are you doing there?" he asked.

"I wanna eat," and my stomach rumbles. Ley heard that and started laughing.

"You should have to wake me up if you wanted to," he carried with his arms (the bridal style) and took me back to my bed.

"I'll get you a food, and I'll be back," he said and went down to the kitchen.

It takes him a while in the kitchen, and when he had returned, he brought a porridge, which I think Manang made earlier. There are some fruits along the lines of oranges, apples, and grapes. Meanwhile, he is munching my rocky road ice cream, that bastard, just kidding.

"Did you tell Tita that you would be here?" I asked.

"Yes, but don't worry. I didn't tell Mom what happened to you. I told her that we are working on a project," he responded.

After eating, he cleaned up my mess, brought it down to the kitchen, and we went back to sleep. He was on the floor, and I'm on my bed. I have a couch where he can fit in. Why chooses the floor over it? Never mind. We talked for a bit before totally going back to sleep.

The next day, he had cleaned my wounds and change the wound dressing. He assisted me in almost everything except taking a bath and dressing.

He wanted me to absent just for today, but I said no. I must go to school, and he can't do anything about it, so he just helped me getting ready.

In the room, Charm had learned what happens. She was worried as hell, but I said I'm all good. The class is about to start, and Shane is not yet here. He was never late.

Five minutes had passed.

"I'm sorry I'm late," Shane said and directly went to his seat. Our instructor is irritated because of Shane's attitude, but he can't take it out on him and just let it pass. Shane looks cool after doing that. But I've noticed he has bandages all over in both of his hands. What happened to him? A question to myself.

0