Unlock 21: Falling
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's a lunch break, and I need to ask Charm about the bandages on Shane's fist. Maybe she knows something.

"I've got a question to ask," me to her.

"What is it?" she responds.

"Do you have any info why Shane got bandages?"

"Still interested in him? I thought you are trying to forget him," she bluntly said.

"Yeah, but I don't know." I want to, but it's not that easy. If only I can, I already have done it overnight.

"Never mind. As I can infer, it's far from reality. If I know you are always spacing out staring at Shane." She's on point, and I cannot argue with that, "and also the reason why you were punished yesterday by Mr. Dimagiba. Am I right?" She hit the bull's eye.

I could not deny any of those accusations because it's the truth, "No need to slap these things on my face. I know that very well," just me trying to keep it low.

"It does not matter. Nevertheless, I'm always on your side, ready to support any decision you will make," Charm said, contradicting all that she just uttered earlier.

"Thank you." I could not think of anything to say.

"What were you asking again?" she asked. She forgot it already.

"I was asking if you know something why Shane's fist has bandages," I rephrase my question.

"As for what I heard from gossips, he had a fight yesterday and was against four guys from other section. Aside from that, I don't know other details," Charm narrated to me.

As expected from her, she is my girl in terms of rumors and gossips around the campus. You wanna know something, she'll have an answer for it. Ask anything, and she got your back.

Shane fought against four people for a reason I know nothing. I have this thought in my mind that he had a fistfight with the one who beat me, but that's impossible. First of all, there's no point in him rescuing me as he loathes me, and he would not gain anything from it. Secondly, I should be already a part of that gossip. There's no way that I was not seen on the ground helplessly. Lastly, Ley was the one who was with me in the infirmary because he is the one who brought me there. Thus, my assumption that Shane had a fistfight because he intended to rescue me is nonsense and is purely my fantasy. I guess he had a fight outside school. That is probably the best reason why.

I'm just worried about him, that's all, and I have no intention of getting involved with him. "I'll be looking at you from afar a place where no one will see me wanting you," a random thought of me.

~

The class was over, and I'm in the library now working on homework that our professor in History gave to us. I was with Charm and Ley, and we've been here for more than an hour. It seems like it's going circles as I'm not progressing at all. I am having a hard time finding a good reference for this assignment.

I was browsing from shelf to shelf, looking for this specific book. Searching got me taken far from our table. But when I've found it, another obstacle arises. It was placed way too high, though I can reach it. Still, an extra effort must be exerted to get it. What I mean is that I need to tiptoe just to get it.

My hands had a hold on the book, waiting to be pulled out. However, another hand had a grab on it. I was ready to take it even if it needs force, but as I look up to see who it was, I was in awe. Everything around me stopped, it sounds cliché and exaggerated, yet for me, it feels surreal. At that time, this particular person and I are the only humans on the planet of that stop time. His eyes met mine, and it was like both of our eyes are talking. I had no idea that my hand had slipped and lost my grip on the book. It was Shane. He was the guy behind me who was also eyeing the book.

I feel like dreaming. As if I'm still on a fairy tale or on a novel that it looks like books on the shelf started falling. I only realized that the books are totally falling in reality by the clanking noise they made.

I suddenly feel frightened that a book would hit me, so my eyes shut off out of fear, and I covered my head with my hands to minimize the damage if ever one landed on my skull. I was waiting to be hit, but there was none. I opened to see what happened, only to see Shane is top of me. Not being top by him, but I was under him is what I mean, you bitches with dirty minds. For no apparent reason, it seems like Shane takes all the blow. He acts as a cover for me, and he shielded his body so no books would fall off my head.

"Thank you," I uttered out of my gratitude.

"That's nothing. I will be at fault and be blamed if you get hurt and ended up in the clinic," Shane said. I never did mention I was brought to the infirmary. No one knows about in the school except me, Charm and Ley. Never mind.

"You can take a book if you'd like," I hastily said because I need it also though he is the one who saved me. It would be rude of me if I will not give it to him.

"Even if you don't say it, I will take it because I will always get what I want," he said, then left. I was still there in that same place. I was not moving even after Shane had been gone for a while now. I was able to pull myself together when Charm found me spacing out and tapped my cheeks if I'm still alive.

"I saw it," that's the only thing she said. I know what she means, and by that, she starts teasing me. But did I care? No. We went back to our table, and I can't stop smiling even though I still don't have a reference. I was just happily smiling after that incident.

0