Unlock 23: Cupcakes and Brownies
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shane is going me nuts since he left. I'm crazily smiling here, and anyone who would see me will think that I have a loose screw in my head.

A hand was waving on my face.

"Ziggy!?" someone called. Oh, it was Ley.

"Are you alright?" he asked and explained that he was calling me for a minute now.

"Yeah. Everything is fine." See, this is what I mean of people finding out that I have a loose screw. Ley saw me spacing out, and luckily, it was only him who have seen me.

"Since it's Day, would you like to go somewhere?" I'm not really into the idea of celebration. I'd rather stay at home and read books to kill some time.

"Nah. Let's head home, and also, I know you are tired from the practice," my lame excuse, and it's getting dark.

We were walking as we go home like we usually do.

"Would you like to try?" Ley asked excitedly as we street food up ahead on our way.

"Maybe next time," Come on, I got to go home. Ley looks sad after I refused, and he did not bother to ask nor talk again on our way home.

I want to go home. My eyes are hurting from all of the couples that I see everywhere. An eyesore, just kidding. There is something I'd like to do.

~

I'm home now, and specifically, I'm in the kitchen. I have put my things upstairs and have changed my clothes already. I'm here since I'll try to bake brownies and cupcakes for Ley. It's not for Valentine's nor any special celebration, but it is somewhat a gift of appreciation. You know he's with me all the time, and also for all the troubles I've caused him. I think of it as a simple token showing my gratitude for him. I'm making it both chocolate since Ley loves chocolate. This baking is what I've been telling you earlier.

Manang Linda had the ingredients ready while I was in my room arranging my thing. Right now, I plan to do the cupcake first before the brownies. While the cupcake is in the oven, I'm going to make the batter for brownies. It's simple and organized. However, I have this problem of mine, and it happens all the time whenever I cook or bake. I cannot control the amount that I am supposed to make. It's always a big batch as if there is a celebration. That's why I cannot take the cupcake and brownies at the same time in the oven. It will not fit and will go crowded.

Hours had passed, and the kitchen is messy, the flour is everywhere, and the sink is full. I had an initial cleaned-up before boxing the brownies and cupcakes. I'll clean up the rest later. I was able to make thirty-six cupcakes, and it fits in six boxes with six cupcakes inside. On the other side, four jars were filled from the two trays of brownies.

(It's quite a lot.

No, not really.

These are too much.)

*Facepalm*

I'm such a great example of person versus self. Am I that insane talking to myself? All of this happens because of Shane. He got me experienced butterflies in my stomach. It is hilarious and very out of context. Shane is instantly popping into my mind.

Back to the pastries.

I'm thinking of giving the three boxes of the cupcake to Ley. While one is for Charm, and another will be left here for myself and Manang Linda. The last is for lunch that I'd like to share with Charm and Ley aside from what they will receive. In terms of the brownies, two jars will be for Ley. The remaining two jars are for Charm and me. Both of us will have one, and that settles everything. Ley has more of both since I bake it, especially for him. I have also included the share of Lira, Tita Teresa, and Tito Ludwig in those boxes of cupcakes and jars of brownies that Ley will get.

After cleaning all the mess, I went next door; to Ley's house. It's dark now, and I think it's past 10 PM. I'm in front of their gate, and I forgot to message Ley that I will come over. Nevertheless, I pressed the doorbell to let the people inside know that there's someone outside, which is me. Few seconds of waiting, the gate opened, and Lira welcomed me.

"Come, let's go inside." Lira invites wanting me to go inside.

"No need. I only came to give this," I said to decline the offer while stretching my arms as I entrust the paper bag that contains the pastries.

Lira examined it first before asking the inside, "What's this?"

"Those are for Ley. There are also for you, and Tito and Tita." I explained to her that one of both pastries is for Ley and the rest is for them.

"Thank you. Ley is probably watching anime," Lira said and went inside as I also head home.

In my room, I was getting ready to sleep when my phone started ringing.

Ring ring ring

That was Ley, so I answered the call.

"Why?" I asked.

"Look at the window," he said, and so I followed him.

I moved the curtains to the side, making a space for me to be seen. And there in the window of Ley's room, I saw him holding a sketchbook where "Thank You" was written.

"Are you out of your mind? Hahaha. You could have said it here on the phone," I laugh as I said those to the person on the other side of the line.

"Hahaha." He laughed and continues, "but thank you for this," he said as he lifts the box of cupcakes.

"That's nothing. It's so small compared to all the things you've for me. I should be the one thanking you." I respond to him.

"These are delicious," he said.

"That's good to hear that you like it. Anyways, I'm going to sleep now, bye," me feeling tired and sleepy from all the works.

"おやすみなさい(Oyasuminasai)" a good night in Nihongo. I hung up the phone, went to my bed, and doze off.

0