Unlocked 24: Sweet Tooth Monster
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This is for you." I'm giving over the paper bag to Charm. It's the ones I prepared for her from yesterday's goods.

"Oh, you made cupcakes. Thank you," Charm said, then suddenly hugs me out of overjoying. A simple thank you is enough to make me happy. I love those people who appreciate me and my effort. Being grateful is not that hard to do. Let's practice it every day.

"Welcome. I still have an extra box of cupcakes. Would you want to eat it with me?" The last box I plan to share with Charm and Ley.

"Nahhh. These are already too much for me. Have something left for yourself," I wanted to interrupt Charm that I have mine back home, but she protested on having it myself. She is already bound to a conclusion without even knowing my side.

"Okay," there's nothing to do but to agree with her, "But have you seen Ley?" Maybe Ley would want to eat it with me.

"Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm," Charm snacking the food I gave her.

"Love the brownies. I need to say that. I think Ley went to the cafeteria," compliments from Charm made my heart flutter. But what? Ley is in where? Cafeteria.

He's in the cafeteria. Then, he must have eaten something already. What an evil hour. Maybe, I should consume it all like what Charm said. To where can I eat these cupcakes without being disturbed? I wanted to find a new place since I've always been in the tree near the soccer field. Eating in the library has become prohibited. A new spot with peace far from trouble and attention.

I was walking and walking, and walking with no destination in mind. I was strolling until I realized that I'm using a stair going up, and my feet had brought me in front of the rooftop's door.

"Is this open?" a query of mine because students are not allowed to go here.

My right hand rotated the knob, and then the door opened. Is this magic or a miracle? I think fate is on my side this time. I checked the lock, and it seems like it was in bad shape. That must be why it was unlocked. I am providential and optimistic that there are more good things that will happen to me today.

I bent my knees to put down the box with me on the floor. Then letting myself be in an Indian sit, a sitting position. The sun is so bright, and the wind blows strong. I like it here. Maybe it'll be my new favorite place.

I pick a piece of cupcake, took a bite, and closed my eyes as my taste buds savor the flavor that it gives, indulging the moment.

"Sweets are everything. Like you are $* !@" someone said, but I did not hear the later part as the voice tone down.

But I'm the only person here, and to see Shane munching the cupcake. It is like a marvelous occurrence.

Wait! What?! Is this a dream?

My hands uncertainly touched the face of the man in front of me. It's soft and is plump, and he looks unreal. I started pinching my skin to test if I am actually dreaming.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed. Fuck. It is actual and existent. I'm not fantasizing. *Gay Panic*

Still abashed from earlier, I hastily make a move away from him and asked, "What are you doing here?" I still can't negate the idea that he is here next to me.

"I saw the door open, and I get curious," he plainly told me.

I turned my head around, and he was right. I forgot to close the door. It's wide open.

"How about you?" he asked, still eating and finishing his second.

My response to his question was ready, but then again, he said, "You don't need to answer that."

I lose the ability to speak, and my eyes were shining like there are stars in it looking at him. Not merely looking but more of staring at this guy at my twelve o'clock. My heart might stop pumping if I continue doing it.

Abruptly, Shane's at it again, for at random, arbitrarily, illogical, irrelevant rhyme or reason, his upper body is moving forward like he did last time. We are losing the gap between us because of what he is doing. Shane stops in the meantime, and the next thing I know is that his thumb is touching my lower right lip. Right after wiping off something, he sucks on it.

"There is chocolate. It'll be heartbreaking to be a waste," Shane said. My comprehension stopped, so as my breathing. I think my thought processing is not functioning well these past couple of minutes because he really is out here driving me crazy.

Then I felt scared when he suddenly started laughing. "Hahaha. What's with the face?" he asked and continue laughing. I've suddenly become confused.

Am I the one who's getting crazy here? Is this really the guy I've fallen in love with?

There must be something wrong with me. Nevertheless, Shane started to calm down and stops from laughing. He wiped off some tears in his eyes from laughing so hard

"Are you alright?" I'm still recollecting myself and trying to figure out a thing.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm good." Shane answered. "These are good, but maybe next time, make matcha. You're... it's my cherry on top, the apple of my eye, and my favorite," he added.

Which is which? A compliment or a complaint? Why talk about his favorite?

"Huh?" What is he saying?

"I'm just letting you know for next time," Are you dead serious, Shane? It's only in my mind. I could never voice out those thoughts on my mind. I'll be dead if there will be next time.

"I'll be taking this," Shane showing off the last of the cupcakes left in the box.

I heard him say, "I'll be your sweet tooth monster," and saw him flexing his biceps before vanishing into my sight.

Present

It's the last thing I remember from our ninth-grade days before taking this ill-fated love to greater heights.

0