Chapter 2: A Sick Joke
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tynaja woke up in a new world, dazed and confused to what just happened. It was all a blur up until the point she awoke. She was sitting at her desk half-awake, and the second she put her head down, she was gone. Woken by the sounds of a dragon flying throughout the sky, its wings cutting through the wind as it flew at incredible speeds. The grass was greener than any of the grass back in New York. She took a breath of air, and it was the cleanest, most fulfilling breath of air she'd ever taken. Her mind was still hazy, but she knew one thing… God screwed her. The monotonous, unfulfilled life she led before her death deserved something more in the afterlife, something more relaxing and pleasant like the heaven she always heard about. Instead, god mocked her even further and made her into a blob. This was surely a punishment for something she didn't do.

Tynaja sat there in front of the crystal by the cave, staring at herself in utter disbelief. "No… No… NO?! This has to be some sort of mistake… Okay… I need to calm down. I'm just distressed! Yeah, that's it…" Tynaja said, relaxing slightly. She breathed in a deep breath of the incredible air, calming down. She started to meltdown into a pile of slime as she got calmer. Slime physics sure were odd. "Well… I'm not a normal slime. I kept my face and voice and even my hair for some odd reason… As far as my knowledge goes, slimes are just balls of goo. Ah! So that's it, maybe I'm a unique race of slime!" she sang in a cheerful tone trying to achieve a state of tranquillity so that she wouldn't lose her mind once more. She sprung back up, leaping into the air with a bright smile on her face. Sure enough, thinking about this made her somewhat excited. She decided that exploring the forest was her best bet to find some assistance.

Tynaja was off on her new journey as a slime! The alluring skies of the new world were shiny blue, the wind blowing a gentle breeze. She felt great being in a slime body since it kept her body temperature at a comfortable point. The sun radiated down upon Tynaja, gleaming great rays of sunlight straight through her translucent skin. 

She bounced throughout the forest one hop at a time, trying to get the hang of her newly given body. Shortly after, she got tired, which was odd. Slimes didn't have the same organs as humans, so why would she be getting tired? That's when everything started to get all the more strange.

A message popped up in front of Tynajas face, kind of like a menu you would see in a video game. It then started to speak, "Mana is close to the negative! Please digest something soon to gain more energy!" with that, the message dissolved away, and the menu would stay on some sort of HUD ( Head-Up Display ). From here, she could see how much mana and health she had. She also could see how much exp she collected and her level. "Woah! So this is like a video game, or what is it called? Ah! An RPG! Hm… So I have to eat something. I must've lost energy from moving around and freaking out earlier. I wonder what happens when I hit zero… On second thought, I don't wanna know!" Tynaja got the hang of turning the HUD on and off, so she decided to take care of her food problem first.

 Tynaja wasn't sure what she could eat, so she decided to try eating a leaf. She bounced over to a nearby bush and bit a leaf off from a tree, munching it down. It could be seen inside of her translucent body, dissolving almost immediately into her. She watched as her mana bar rose up from ten to one hundred percent, and before she could react, the message and the voice came back once more. This time the message was different. It had a black background and gold lettering. It looked much more unique and meaningful than the previous bland message with only a grey background and black lettering.

The voice started to read the message. "Attention, Important message. Unique skill acquired! Would you like to view this skill now or wait until later to view?" the voice asked, prompting her to give a yes or no answer. She was beyond eager, so she went ahead and responded, "Y-Yes! Show me the skill please, Ms. Robot!" The system seemed to be processing the answer, and moments later, Tynaja was given what may have been the most exciting news she'd heard in a long time. "Understood! Unique skill: Natural Learner - Skill allows the user to naturally gain a skill for everything they do. The skill will normally have some sort of boost or beneficial effect." Before Tynaja could even react to such a powerful skill, the system already used the skill to unlock another skill. "Skill Unlocked: Herbivore - Skill allows for the user to gain 150% more mana from eating plants!". The system stated before blipping away again. Tynaja was dumbfounded by what just happened. For a few minutes, she couldn't even speak before finally getting her thoughts together. "That sounds really strong… I wonder what kind of skills would I gain from just punching someone! Maybe this isn't so bad after all!" Happy as ever, she plastered a wide smile on her face before bouncing up and down while making a slight "Bloop" noise every time she leapt off the ground.

Tynaja was excited to learn more about what skills she's had going through the menus options. "Damn no logout button… I really am stuck here…" she sighed in a very dispirited tone. Moving forward, she found out she was only level one, but despite that, she had a ton of skills and spells to start off with. "Let's see here… Aside from the one I just got I have something called Physical immunity? Slime body… Analyze and Recycle. They all seem very, very powerful, but I guess it's how I use them at the end of the day! Hmph, I have a few spells as well. I suppose I can try these out!"

Tyanaja hopped back into the open grass plains and faced the forest, getting ready to test out her very first spell. "Alright… Uh… Water shot!" she commanded—water formed in front of her and expanded. Slowly the water compressed itself down to the size of a medium-sized bullet. As she let it go, it fired with tremendous force, similar to a gunshot. The speed it traveled was faster than her eyes could follow, and it struck a nearby tree, causing it to split in half on impact. Mystical creatures could be seen running away from the falling tree, knowing there was a nearby predator.

"OH MY GOD?! Ah… I didn't think it would be that strong! The menu told me I was level one…" Tynaja said with a surprised and scared expression. Before she could try out the next spell, the HUD came up with another message. "Skill Unlocked: On Contact - When firing a shot of water off at any inanimate objects, this skill will cause it to split in half. Training this skill will allow you to control when this happens." Like always, the system quickly blipped away and left Tynaja to do her bidding. "Another spell so soon… If I get into combat, I should be fine!" she said, about to head back into the forest when she felt an intense amount of pressure coming towards her. She couldn't even speak; it felt so strong. She just sat there waiting to see what it was.

The force that dawned upon Tynaja was finally in her face. It was big, and its mere presence was grand. It had blue scales and white fur with the looks of a kind of wingless, four-legged dragon. But to someone as new to the world as Tynaja, you never could tell exactly what was what. After all, this was her first encounter with any other lifeforms. Petrified with fear, all Tynaja could do was watch the beast as it drooled over her. The beast appeared to be checking her out for a few moments, but seconds later, it leapt back and got in an offensive stance. Its mouth lit on fire with blue flames. With extraordinary speed, it charged towards Tynaja, aiming to bite her into pieces in one shot. Why was this monster attacking her? How did it find her? Was this the end already? As the mysterious creature was about to clamp down, she was pushed out of the way by what looked none other than… A fellow slime!

The slime had on some sort of cloth, and they seemed to also be powerful. "W-Who are you?!" Tynaja said, barely able to speak, jumbling up her words. The slime looked oddly familiar. "No time to talk. We must leave immediately! Teleportation Magic: Rune Transfer!" After the mysterious slime said those few words, a magic circle appeared beneath them. Then, the magic circle caused them to teleport in a great white flash, with the mystical beast barely missing them as he clamped his gigantuous jaws down for the second time. Tynaja's exploration of this new world suddenly took a massive turn of events, but was it for the better or, the worse? 

0