Vayu’s Victory
22 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Out of the five martial skills, Fist Smash and Sword Demolisher were fist skills. Fisher's Breath was a specialized skill that allowed Fishers of the ocean to hold their breath for longer. Three Glazed Slash was a sword skill. And the thunder strike, a hammer skill, was named as such since the sound of the smashing hammer would resemble the rumbling of thunder.

Out of these skills, Trilok only purchased the Fist Smash, Fisher's Breath, and the Three Glazed Slash. 

On the other hand, the uncommon skills were much more interesting and practical than an idiot waving a sword in a manner that it shines the brightest.

Sticky Thread allowed a spiritual enhancer to make their spiritual energy gain gum-like properties so that it sticks to any fish they catch, greatly reducing the chance of the fish slipping away.

Sphere Barrier allowed a cultivator to expend a major chunk of its spiritual energy and form a spherical barrier around oneself that can hold out for as long as the cultivator holds spiritual energy in their body.

Weak Magnet could be used in addition to Sticky Thread to give the original gum-like spiritual energy a charge so that it can attract metallic substance close to the thread. The magnetic properties are extremely weak but it genuinely depends on the foundational cultivation Technique of the cultivator.

Trilok reckoned that Vayu would probably have a supercharged magnetic string in no time given his Heaven-ranked Unique Cultivation technique.

Lingering Whisper would allow a cultivator to transmit their words to their intended target by whispering and lacing their voice with spiritual energy to cover them up. The interesting fact about this technique was that the communication still wasn't secure.

For instance, if a person with a mid-common cultivation technique used this skill, it is highly possible for an expert of a greater technique who is also adept in this skill to tap into the communication. After all, this skill allows a simple transmission of words through the curtain of spiritual energy. It is highly possible for a person to peek through the curtain.

Finally, Diver's Fins would construct spiritual energy into the shape of fins so that fishers can swim in the ocean more easily.

The Gut Spear was a spear skill, the very sight of which repulsed Trilok so he didn't care about it at all.

3 common and 5 uncommon skills cost Trilok a sum of 44,100 coral coins.

"I'll learn a skill~ I'll learn a skill~!" Vayu, meanwhile, skipped behind Trilok. His excitement couldn't be articulated. He was already the best fighter of his group due to his passion for th art of beating someone else. But skills presented a definite source of improvement. One skill to take the first step and challenge the world!

A skill meant investment. It showed that the person was willing to make an improvement upon oneself.

"Brother, Sister Kol's gonna be happy, too, huh," Vayu chuckled idly. They still hadn't left the Carnival Ship but this afternoon clearly wasn't well-received by the members of the carnival as many remained inside their tents.

---

"Brother, Sister Kol's gonna be happy, too, huh," Vayu chuckled idly but Trilok suddenly stopped. However, he started walking once again.

Still, Vayu felt something wrong.

'Did I say something wrong?' He thought to himself and as Trilok led Vayu to Kol's house instead of their store, this belief was reinforced.

As Trilok closed the door behind him after he let Vayu enter, he gazed at the young boy and inquired calmly.

"What did you mean by— Kol will be happy?"

Vayu was already waiting but he didn't think that this was what his brother found the problem with.

"Eh? I mean... we are going to share the skills, right?" 

"Why would we?"

Vayu was stunned by Trilok's words. He gazed at his brother with a conflicting expression on his young face.

"But brother... sister Kol is... she's with us for so long now. You surely don't mean that we cannot share even simple skills."

"Vayu, these 'simple' skills cost us 44000 coins. And it wasn't your earning. So, why would you suggest sharing something that isn't even yours?" 

Vayu bit his lips at his brother's cold words. Seeing his stern gaze, he realized that Trilok wasn't messing around.

"I... fine! Then don't share these skills with me either!" Vayu stomped his legs but before he could move, he was stopped by Trilok's cold warning.

"Try to stomp your leg and walk out on a conversation again and I'll break your damn legs. Sit down."

Vayu trembled and looked down. He felt his heart clench in a strange form of repulsion.

'You threaten me for such a small thing? I... sometimes I feel I'm not your brother at all!'

Even then, he didn't voice his true opinions and sat on a chair.

Pulling a chair for himself, Trilok sat in front of him and stated calmly.

"If you wish to be treated with respect, discard the first thought of flight from an argument. The argument is another form of battle. A battle of wits, emotions, determination, and words. Now, I'll ask again. Why did you suggest sharing skills that were not yours, to begin with?"

"I..." Vayu whispered, "I didn't say that because you're just my brother."

"Then why? If you're sharing skills with Kol, why not share the fortune you acquired, too?" Trilok inquired.

The Devouring Serpent Technique wasn't the only fortune he had gained but also The Eye of Gorgon body Cultivation Technique. But right now, Vayu understood the value of things that cannot be simply given away and this is why, after this question, he felt so depressed and hypocritical.

'That's right... what right I have to claim in sharing things when I can't even share everything?' Vayu's gaze dimmed. Kol's image flashed in front of him.

Of how she would scold him, or torment him with more numbers to calculate, or how much she would simply chat at times. But the Vayu recalled how Kol would smile when he got the answers right, how she had given him bathes when he was younger, and simply their time on the dinner table.

"Brother... I cannot share those, I mean that, Technique with Kol," Vayu sweated. He almost let out he had another Technique.

Even Trilok sighed internally.

"But... is it wrong to share something we easily can? I really don't get why you're grilling me for this. But Kol is a part of my family for a long time... maybe you don't consider her of such importance. But I do. And I want to do meaningful things for Kol! I... I don't want to one day wake up and feel like shit if something happened to Kol and we clearly could have avoided it by sharing our skills!"

He matched Trilok's gaze and glared with a wild expression. His eyes seemed to twitch a little while his skin seemed to show the illusion of scales.

'Stop talking, dumbass! I'm going to be wrecked!' Vayu scolded internally.

"She shared her home with us!"

'You're stepping out of bounds. He will clap my cheeks!' Vayu roared internally but his mouth seemed to have lost all semblance of reasoning.

"And if you say that she's not our family then it means that you don't consider me as your brothers!"

'Uh-oh... wrong words!'

Vayu finally regained his thoughts and quickly closed his mouth. The strange golden glow of his pupils vanished and his skin reverted to its usual dull state.

Gulping, he continued to match gazes with a calm Trilok.

"Good," Trilok's unexpected smile stunned Vayu and the gentle ruffle of his hair was simply out of the world! 

"Then, do it this way. I'll learn the skills I want to by tonight. You'll have your chance to learn the skills you like tomorrow and the rest which you want to learn later... share it with Kol. Then, you two can continue to revolve the skills until you both learn all of them. Keep it a secret from Kol and surprise her."

Trilok smiled and stood up.

A strange emotion welled up in Vayu's heart.

Before Trilok left the house, he turned back and grinned towards Vayu.

"And, congratulations are in order. You won me over this time, Vayu."

"Huh?" Vayu looked up with a dumb expression.

"I mean," Trilok's smile grew wider.

"You won your first argument. So, Kol will be receiving the skills not from me, but from you. It is due to your own efforts. I'm sure, she will be happy."

As Vayu heard, his mind went haywire.

'What about you brother? Were you happy? Are you satisfied with this result?'

Vayu wished to inquire with words but still feeling the shape of Trilok's hand over his head, gazing at his warm smile, Vayu's eyes suddenly grew warmer.

"I'm going to the store."

Trilok chuckled and left.

'This isn't a feeling of victory... I've beaten many boys and won the competition in the awakening ceremony, too. But this is different... a different kind of happiness,' Vayu couldn't hold it any longer as tears once again dripped from his eyes.

"Ahhhh! I'm not crying over such a small thing! I've got a free day today! Let's cultivate!"

---

"Ahhh~ I hope I get to wax Boss' ass again and make him scream... hehe, well, I'd want him to make me scream, too."

The afternoon is always considered a slow period so Kol simply sat on the main chair while scratching her butt as she giggled with a foolish expression.

*Thump*

The door to the store was smacked open as Kol almost yelped in surprise.

"Boss? Why are your eyes red? Did you cry? Tch, tch, did you get punched in the nose once again?" Kol smirked.

Meanwhile, Trilok with slightly reddened eyes and a prideful smile silently walked towards the Kol.

*Smack*

"Ah! I get it! I'm getting up! Oof, no, Aaaaghh! Please, no more!"

A set of deranged squeals shrieked through the store—

-Bitter Medicine; Healthy Life-

once again.

3