Chapter 15 – Dreams Of The Past
101 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cosmodic Calendar Year 2026 – Age: 6 Years Old

"Quickly, get dressed," My mom, Sarah, yelled at me.

Like any normal kid, I was angry that someone yelled at me, but I was timid by nature so there weren't any complaints that I dared to voice.

I was not sure what exactly was happening, so I just did as I was told. The frantic actions of my mother and father just furthered my certainty that I had made the right choice to just follow orders.

I could see my dad tossing everything he could at the door, the desperation on his face was easily discernible.

I don't think I had ever seen my dad that scared before. Then again, he wasn't exactly the type of man you would exactly call 'brave'.

My dad was a researcher and my mother was a soldier, so you could say the one who wore the pants in the house was my mom.

Suddenly, there was a sinking feeling in my gut, I felt like I had to hurry because something was coming.

I wanted to contribute more to whatever my mom and dad were doing, but all I could do was pack some clothing in my backpack.

"Jim, we need to hurry!" mom yelled, tears leaking from the corner of her eyes.

My mom never cried so it was a surprising sight to see.

I watched as my dad darted into the room and come back holding a little girl in his arms. The little girl had curious eyes, and she seemed to only be a couple of months old.

I was not sure who she was, but the compassion shown by my dad when he looked at her, made me slightly jealous.

Mom's eyes held the same emotion but it was something much deeper. Compared to dad, who looked at the child with compassion, mom stared at the child as if she was salvation itself.

Mom quickly took the baby away from dad and he didn't seem to mind one bit. Dad just jumped back to the task of tossing everything he could towards the door.

This was strenuous works since the heaviest thing dad would usually hold was a pencil. Don't get me wrong, dad was a man but his talents were better spent creating inventions.

My mom slowly walked over to me and gave me the child. My hands were automatically extended before I even realized what I was doing.

Mom held my face in place as she gazed directly into my eyes with enough seriousness to make my heart palpitate in response.

I had never seen her more serious in my entire life, so I knew what she would say next must be something important.

I was young, but I could still draw some conclusions from the state of the house.

My conclusion was 'we were running from something, or at least, I was'.

"That is your sister, Aurora. You will take care of her with your life because you love her and she loves you more than anything in the world.

Dad and I may not be around, but you have an obligation to your sister at all times!" Mom said, tightening her grip around my face as if she would crush my jaw if I didn't give the reply she wanted.

I nodded my head slowly but mom still didn't release me.

I could hear what my mom was saying but I had the vague impression that she was not talking to me… at least, not the current me.

I felt like she wasn't just asking me a question, it was more like she wouldn't take no as an answer.

It was as if mom was talking to my heart and soul.

Still, I made sure to listen with all my mind as well. I made sure to remember every word she said because I knew that they might be her last.

I was considered a young genius for nothing.

Dad rushed over, he had finished putting everything he could to block the doors. I guess it was now his time to say goodbye, but my dad was never such a sentimental person.

'Efficiency, Practicality, and no Compromise,' was his motto after all.

Dad directly lifted both me and the baby in my arms, and before I could even make sense of what was happening, I was tossed into the closet.

I maneuvered my small body to protect the child in my arms. I was about to complain about the rough treatment, but I didn't get the chance.

I watched as a blade pierced through my father's heart from behind. He fell forward, halfway into the closet.

I managed to roll out of the way at the last moment, but some of his blood still spurted onto my clothing.

Luckily, no blood made it onto my little sister.

I was scared, but I was also young so the gravity of everything had not hit me as yet.

I focused some more and I could hear the sound of metals colliding inside the house.

I knew it was my mother fighting, she was a skilled soldier and I doubt she would go down without a fight.

*step*

*step*

*step*

Slowly, a shadow became visible as it reached for the blade embedded through the heart of my father.

I watched, scared beyond belief but still holding my younger sister in my arms. Something inside me just refused to let her go.

I could sense the eyes of the shadow lingering on my body, and I made sure to hold my sister close enough that the shadow could not see her as well.

The shadow wore a hood, and through the hood, I could discern the eyes of the person who had killed my father.

Whoever this person was had green eyes – the most beautiful green eyes I had ever seen.

The shadow stared at me and seemed to hesitate for a moment. Then the shadow slowly observed the closet and tapped a red button at the side.

Slowly, the closet began lowering like an elevator, and I could faintly hear the voice of the shadow that watched me descend.

"Run with all your might!" the shadow said.

I don't know what happened next, but the voice of the shadow was like a command from God.

The next thing I recalled was running, and running, and running without stop, without consideration for my body, without anything on my mind.

The shadow was similar to my mom in some ways. When my mom talked, it was as if she was talking to your very Being, but the shadow spoke like she was commanding your mind.

And my mind listened, forcing my body to run beyond the point of exhaustion.

The escape tunnel was created by my parents a long time ago, so I knew exactly where I was going, but the tunnels still didn't seem safe.

I just ran until I reached The Bunker in the sewers.

I had been to the Bunker before, so I knew that it was not yet completed, but it should be enough to hide for a few months.

However, not everything was easy. I heard slow and steady steps behind me… I could not even muster the strength to walk anymore.

The only strength that remained in my body was directed to my arms that cradled my sister. She was the one person I would never let go of, after all, she was the last wish of our parents.

My parents didn't tell me to survive, they didn't tell me 'I love you', they didn't tell me 'Good Luck!'… they only told me to make sure my sister survived, and that was exactly what I intended to do.

I placed my sister down behind me and darted forward with a massive bellow. I would kill whatever was following us because I had to protect her.

I didn't even notice when my bellow turned into a beastly voice, and my mind blanked out.

"AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHRRRRRAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!"

∞∞∞

I jumped awake inside The Bunker, my mind in complete disarray as another panic attack struck me.

I couldn't breathe, my breathing was few and far between but I still stumbled to my feet.

I jumped over my workstation and darted into the kitchen.

I quickly grabbed a knife and stared at my surroundings vigilantly. I had never killed before, but I was always prepared to.

Panic attacks usually happened when something dangerous was near, something I didn't recognize.

But 'usually' didn't mean all the time, and I guess this was one of those times when my nightmares got the better of me.

Still, it had been a couple of years since I dreamt the night my parents died so I think of it as a sign that I was forgetting something important.

I checked the time as saw it was 3 in the morning. This was the perfect time to complete my promise to Rodge.

Seeing that nothing was out of place within The Bunker, I placed the knife in my pocket and walked back to my workstation in the living room.

I made sure to retrieve the Quartz-Crystal while placing the fragment into a different pocket.

I sighed as I crawled up the slide, out of The Bunker.

3