Chapter 6: First Strike
573 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was left alone in the basement. I'm still pretty surprised about what happened earlier. To think that she'll let me be very soon, that I didn't expect to happen. Usually, when people are held captive and tried making requests to their captor that is pretty similar to giving them freedom of movement, the captor usually refuses and will think that its just a trick to gain their trust. However, I'm not the typical captive, and she's not the typical captor. My back and both my arms feel heavy and tired, it must've been from laying down for two days. I tried exercising my arms and upper body so that I regain my muscle strength. I looked around, for some reason. I really don't know now, I just do it out of impulse.

 

Several hours later, an idea came to my head. I tried reaching for my feet to undo the rope, but its hard to unravel since its kinda thick. Nevertheless, I still tried to release my feet from the rope.  I continued untying the rope despite hearing footsteps around. Took me a couple of minutes, but I finally freed my feet from being tied. I can hardly stand straight, my knees feel weak. I tried walking around the basement for a while. I went to the table in the dark corner of the basement. Four pairs of handcuffs, a pocket knife, a dagger, some syringe needles, and a folder, which frightened me.  "Loruel Sato" is what's written on the top left corner. I opened it, and saw photographs of me, a lot of them. Photos of me in the office, in a train, walking down the street, eating in my house, playing in my room, even me sitting in the bathroom. I decided not to look any further into the folder and closed it.

 

I walked near the stairs and checked my suitcase; it was locked. She used some sort of code lock; I didn't even try to open it. The bags, however, aren't locked. I opened the bags, and it made sense; inside the bags were just my clothes. I searched through the bags to find a specific pair of pants. After searching for a minute, I found it, and I was disappointed; she even took my pager. This woman is serious, she even knows about that. I fixed everything in the bag and closed it again. I went back to the couch to sit down.

("Oh shit, I removed the rope. I messed up bad. I can't tie it back, I forgot the pattern, and she'll notice it easily. Oh no.")

Suddenly, I heard a muffled glass breaking. I immediately thought of my computer case since it has a clear glass panel on one side.

("WAS THAT MY COMPUTER?! WHAT THE HELL, WOMAN?! NO!")

I shouted internally while I clenched my eyebrows and gritted my teeth. I've never felt this much fury in my life. I wanted to storm out the basement door, but I tried to keep my calm. 

("Deep breaths, buddy, deep breaths. Calm down, stay calm. It could be anything, let's not jump to conclusions.")

I walked back to the couch and sat down. How can I prevent my computer from being harmed? I don't know, I'm dealing with a mentally unstable woman, and anything can happen. I must be careful, with my words, my actions, and my expressions.

 

Minutes later, I heard footsteps again; she must be coming this way. I remained still on the couch. She opened the door, and walked down.

"Oh my, you.....you're not tied to the beam anymore."
"Yes, I'm not. My feet started to itch, and my legs began to weaken."
"Well, aren't you being a little demanding now."
"Maybe."

 

I stood up and walked towards her. As I was walking, she slowly backed herself. I pushed her to the wall as soon as I reached her. I looked at her coldly in the eye.

*blushing* "Oh my, how bold of you to do this to me. We aren't in highschool anymore, but, I don't mind this kind of approach from you."
"I heard glass breaking a couple of minutes ago."
"And? What about it?"
"Don't tell me it was my com-"
"Of course I won't tell you its your computer."

...

"Was it my computer?"
"Not only did you insist on freeing yourself completely, but going through my album of you without my permission? You should be glad that I let you be uncuffed, that should be enough. You seem to be pushing your luck, just because I love you. Consider this your first mistake made; and with every mistake you'll make, I'll break components of your personal computer, starting with the peripherals: mouse, keyboard, headset, speaker, monitor, to every cable, and every component connected to the motherboard."

 

I fell silent. She's quite unpredictable and formidable, I really should watch every move I make.

"You know, as much as I hate making you suffer, I really need to know that you love me back. And don't even try to be deceitful; since I've devoted my heart to you, I'll know if you're faking it or not."

She tip-toed to kiss my cheek, then slipped out to head back up. I walked back to the couch. I tried to calm down and prevent myself from hitting anything out of rage. Breath in, breath out, I channeled my anger on breathing instead to help me get over it. My mind is racing, I can't stop worrying about my computer. I don't know why, but I feel like she won't do anything to me; instead, she'll make me suffer by destroying my computer bit by bit. I'm starting to overthink, and it won't do me any good, not in this situation.

*sigh* ("Guess I won't be having any dinner tonight. It'll be fine.")

I decided to sleep myself off to clear and reset my mind.

15