Chapter 7: I Don’t Know
490 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day was coming to an end, as I laid down on the couch while watching the light from outside slowly dissipate. My thoughts were nowhere, my mind is empty, I didn't even notice, but somehow, my worries for my computer suddenly vanished. Its not that I don't care for it anymore, but rather, I'm not as concerned for its sake as I was hours ago. I feel strange and dull, but not miserable; I guess its that time again. Even though its still pretty early, I decided to go to sleep.

 

The following day, I feel numb. I don't feel like moving, at all; as if I'm bound to handcuffs and ropes again. Hours have passed, and I'm still staring at the basement ceiling; I feel like I'm dead or something. Its extremely quiet, I don't hear her footsteps; I'm oblivious. I don't know how to describe my state, how I'm feeling; nor can I explain why I'm like this or where this came from. I just suddenly feel nothing. For hours, my eyes stayed open. I don't feel any thirst of hunger, though usually, I need to drink water in the morning to prevent my throat from being dry. I just laid there, almost lifeless, staring straight at nothing.

 

Suddenly, I heard footsteps, and honestly, I didn't care. However, whatever I'm hearing starts to get louder. I'm guessing its getting pretty busy in her kitchen, she must be cooking her food. Spoon clanging to the pot, pan sizzling with food, knife chopping down the board, and so on. Pretty interesting, she's alone in this house, why does it sound like she's making a lot of stuff? Well, whatever that is, it doesn't concern me. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, even though I can't since I slept pretty long last night. 

 

An hour has passed, its finally quiet. I sighed in relief, silence has returned and made the place peaceful, and I felt more comfortable. Minutes have passed, its still pretty quiet. I don't know, but something seems to bother me.

("Am I waiting for her? Expecting her?")
("Huh, it appears I have grown on her, her captive.")
("Ah, right, I was captured by someone; that's why I'm lying on this old couch instead of my bed.")
("I miss my house, I guess. I think I'll take my leave once she gets here. Wouldn't want to be rude and just leave unannounced.")

As I sat back up, the basement door suddenly opened. She's holding a tray while slowly coming down the stairs. "I'll help you with that", I exclaimed as I stood up and walked towards the stairs. She handed me the tray and went back up. I took the tray and put it down the table near the couch. A minute later, she came back with a pitcher of water and a glass. She set the pitcher and the glass down the table and sat beside me.

"Well, how was it? As you heard earlier, I was going around the kitchen a lot. I woke up a little late and immediately came to the kitchen to make all these. I hope you like it, love."

I stared at the food with a blank expression on my face. Its not that I hate it, but I somehow can't bring myself to appreciate what she did.

"What's the matter, love? Don't you like it? These are what you want to have on your birthday the most, isn't it?"

I stared in silence. She moved her head in front of me.

"Hey....are you okay?"

I looked at her, she seems genuinely concerned about me. I cleared my mind and thoughts.

"Ah, its nothing. I've just been spaced out for hours."
"Well, that's a relief. Anyways, Happy Birthday, love. I made these just for you."
"Is it already my birthday? Huh, I didn't realize that its today."
"Oh, I thought you're good with keeping track of time and date mentally? Anyways, enough talking, let's eat, love."

 

I stopped talking and followed her lead. She took a piece of burger and moved it near my mouth. "Open up, love." I opened my mouth and took a bite out of the burger. It was good.
"So, how was it?"
"Its pretty good, thank you. Meat's well cooked, maybe even tastes better than that one burger shop I annually visit near my workplace."
*blushes* "Oh, you, stop complimenting me too much."
"No, really. The sauce is good, and isn't as messy. And you used cabbage, which I prefer better than lettuce."
"Well, of course, I know about that, how you like things."

When she said that, my thoughts stopped for a moment.

".....are you my girlfriend or wife or something?"
*turns red* "W-what?! Wh...what are you talking about so suddenly? Shut up and eat, idiot."
...
["I called him an idiot out of embarrassment. I was startled with what he said, what can I do about it?"]

 

I continued to eat. I noticed that she's looking away from me, I must've made her mad. I have to say something.

"Hey, here. Have a bite. I know its for me, but you made it, and I wanna share it with you."
"W-wha....*blushes*...very well then, love."  *bites burger*  "Th-thank you..."
("Cute, its like feeding a puppy.")

She took another bite, then I ate the rest. I don't know why, but she seems so flustered. I decided not to say anything. I grabbed another food from the tray. It was a taco, neatly assembled, like the ones you see on restaurants. I took a bite out of it, and handed it to her. She shyly grabbed the taco from my hand. She immediately gave the taco back after taking a bite. She looks so flustered, its confusing me in a way. I continued to eat the rest of the taco.
("Oh, shit. I forgot to give her some more.")

 

I took the last one from the tray, its covered in foil. Its a burrito, and its pretty fat. I like fat burritos, since I can eat a lot from it. I removed the foil and took a bite. After biting down the burrito, I suddenly exhaled deeply.

"Its good, isn't it? You tend to express your appreciation on really good food through breathing. I'm glad you liked it."

I looked at her and paused for a moment.

"You're really my girlfriend, aren't you? You even know that stuff about me, and I don't remember dating anyone."
*turns very red* "Sh-shut up, just keep eating. You're embarrassing me here, jeez."
*bites* "Here."
"W-what?"
"I want you to have it."
"But...I made that for you, its your birthday, after all."
"Its fine, I've had enough. You can eat the rest."
"Ah, I..see. O-okay." *grabs burrito*

I looked at her as she ate. I don't know, but something about people enjoying food they make makes me happy inside. She suddenly looked at me, and turned red.
*flustered* "H-hey! What are you staring at?!"
"Ah, sorry, I spaced out. I'll look away now."

She leaned her head on my shoulder while eating. She said to me in a low voice, "Y..you can l-look at me if...you w-want." *chomps food*

I leaned back on the couch while having her head on my shoulder. I looked at her while she's eating and resting on my shoulder.
("I really think she's my girlfriend. She made me food, remembers my birthday, knows stuff about me.")
("Aren't those what significant others do?")
Oh, right, I almost forgot. I need to go back home after this.

 

After a few minutes, she finished the burrito. She grabbed the glass and filled it with water from the pitcher. She sat back down beside me and took a sip of water. She looked at me, "Are you thirsty? Here, drink up." I grabbed the glass from her hand, she has soft hands. I drank the rest of the water and gave her back the glass and stood up.

"Thank you so much for the food, I really appreciate it. I need to get home now, I have some stuff to do."

I turned around and started walking towards the stairs, she's not saying anything. I climbed the stairs to the basement door, its locked. "Um, sorry. Can you open the do..." I looked back down, she's not on the couch anymore, she's behind me.

"Where are you going? I thought I've told you already, this is our home, you won't leave this place, YOU'RE MINE NOW."

As she said those words, I snapped back. Took me a moment to realize the situation.

("Well....shit")

17