Chapter 8: Aftermath
500 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

("Well....shit")

I thought to myself as I looked at her. I'm getting nervous, but I tried to keep my expressions as calm as possible.

"Well, well. Now, isn't that a cute little attempt."
"What attempt?"
"Oh, you silly. Don't play dumb. You're trying to escape from here, but alas, you can't. You belong here, anyway, with me."
"I'm not stupid enough to pull that, not on you."
"Ho ho, being smart now, aren't you? I should break one of your computer components for this..."
"No, DON'T-"
"...however, you were awfully sweet earlier. For a few moments, you were your true self. For that, I won't break anything."
("Wait, what? Sweet? What the hell did I do?")
"Instead, I guess I'll just cuff you back and tie you down again. What a clever tactic, to gain my trust like that, and try to escape on your special day. Such a genius, my love. However, of course, I know about that."

She started walking up, I know she's gonna dose me, maybe a heavy one so that I lose consciousness fast. So, I started walking down, since she might have a hard time when I lose consciousness on the stairs. She seemed surprised and steps back down while holding the syringe on her hand.  "What are you doing? You trying to intimidate me?", she exclaimed. I reached the bottom of the stairs, grasped her arm and placed it on my shoulder. I injected the syringe on my shoulder, my vision got blurry fast. She seemed to look at me in bewilderment, and I eventually lost consciousness after a minute.

 

 

(Yumi's POV)
"Wh...what was that?"
...
"Wait, what just happened?"

He just grabbed my arm and injected himself. Why would he do that? He must've realized that there's nothing else he could do, so he did it himself. That's strange, very strange, actually. He would always look for as much options during a situation as possible, why would he just give himself up?
...
He gave himself up to me, that's so sweet. Is this a symbol of him devoting his love to me? I guess so, I can't stop blushing. Its almost like he's hugging me in this position, I want this to last forever.
...
Ah, right. He tried to escape. You sly boy, that was pretty smart, I should say. Playing dumb, pretending to be sweet, making me comfortable. Oh well, I enjoyed it anyway.
...
But, no. I don't think he was pretending earlier, it feels very natural. I know how he 'pretends professionally' during work, meetings, and with acquaintances. This is not that, it felt sincere. I'll try to ask him when he wakes up
...
Nevermind, I should put him back on the couch. How did he even undo the ropes in the first place? I did my best to jumble the pattern, but I guess he has the strength to undo it. I guess I'll do a different pattern this time, I'll make sure he doesn't get out of this.
(End POV)

 

 

Hours later, I slowly regain consciousness. My vision is still blurry as I open my eyes. I'm tied back down and handcuffed. Well, of course, its bound to happen; because I "tried" to escape.

("Playing dumb? What is she talking about? I'm not the type of person to do that, I don't even know how to do it properly. And being sweet, huh. I wonder what I did, I don't remember being sweet to anyone, I don't even know what its like.")

I'm starting to get confused. I still don't understand how I ended up in the stairs remembering nothing

("She said I attempted to escape, how will I even do that? I don't even know where I am. Actually, I don't even have any plans to get out of here. And yet, I made it as far to the basement door. How did I even get there? Its like I woke up on the stairs")

I thought for a moment, and suddenly, everything that happened today came flooding in to my head.
("Ohh, it must've happened again. What a terrible time to lose my focus. Well, atleast she won't hurt my computer for what happened.")

I relaxed my body on the couch, there's nothing I can do now, anyway.

("Strange, I haven't eaten or drank anything today, but I feel like I ate, a lot. My throat doesn't feel dry as well.")
...
("Right, it was my birthday, and she prepared me food.")
...
("Happy Birthday to me, I guess. And thanks for the food, lady. It'll last me until tomorrow, I think")
...
("Well, since I'm alone and can't move, again, I guess I'll just go back to sleep.")

 

Hours have passed, I started waking up. I thought its still daytime since its pretty bright. Its just the lightbulb in the basement. I opened my eyes and saw my captor sitting beside me. I looked up to the vent, its dark. Its nighttime now

"I had that vent here to let some air flow down here. I feel like suffocating when I'm here sometimes. Also, I purposely made that hole for you so you can determine the time during the day."
"I see." ("A clock would've been more useful.")
"Hello, my love. I'm glad you're awake now."
"I see that I'm tied and cuffed again."
"Yes. I was gonna break one of your peripherals, but I did this instead."
"I'm glad you didn't. Thanks, I guess."
"You're welcome, love."

I retracted my gaze to the ceiling. My computer is safe, that's good. I have to be more careful with her, now that have I tried escaping from her.

"I wanted to talk to you about earlier."
"Look, believe me or not, I really didn't remember anything when I stood still on the stairs. I wouldn't be stupid enough to desperately try that."
"Oh, really? You think I would buy that?"
"No, not really. I'm just telling you."

She looked at me for a moment, then stood up. She turned off the light, walked up stairs, and closed the door. Well, I guess I can call it a night. I know I just woke up, but if I doze off long enough, I'll eventually go back to sleep. The dose still haven't worn off completely, so maybe I'll feel drowsy later.

16