Chapter 9: A While Back
458 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm riding the train home from school, its still more than an hour before sundown, but I decided to go home early. I'm standing near the door, as I usually do, as the train travels on. I'm trying to keep my attention outside the train, but I can't help but keep on noticing this one girl on the other side. She wears the uniform from my school, and she has a pretty short stature, which I think is pretty cute. I think she's a year below me, but I don't really determine people that way. She has short hair, and a pretty fair skin; yeah, that's my definition of cute. However, I don't want to say that I have a crush on her. I don't know her name, or anything about her, and I haven't even seen her face. 

("Wait, what's this? Am I really interested in her?")
...
("Huh, so this is what happens when people start to like someone.")
...
(Wait, no, no, no. Its not that I like her, just enough to catch my attention, but not interested enough.")
...
("Yeah, that's right. Besides, I have no intention of having any relationship, maybe once I'm older.")

 

The train finally reached my station, the doors opened and people started getting off the train. I waited a little bit before going off the train since its a little crowded when people get off all at once. I noticed the girl take a seat after some of the passengers stood up to get off the train.

("She's not getting off, I see. She must live farther than me.")
...
("Well, take care on your way home, I guess.")

I stepped off the train and looked back at the train. I saw her looking at me for a second before the train left.

("I still can't recognize her, not with less than one second to look at her face.")
("But anyways, I shouldn't think about it too much. I'll just go home now.")

I followed behind the crowd while leaving the station. As I walked through the street to my home, I suddenly started remembering that time when I was in middle school. I helped a girl that time, I didn't recognize her face as well.

("I wonder if she's the same person as that girl earlier on the train.")
...
("Nah, there's no way. I moved to a different region after I finished middle school.")

 

After a couple of minutes walking, I finally reached my home. I entered the house and went to change clothes. My mom suddenly called me from my room.

"Hey Lore, come out here for a moment."
"Be there in a minute."

I quickly finished changing clothes and went downstairs. My mother told me to go out the front door.

"Your cousin wants you to have his old bike. He said he just got his license and bought a motorbike last week."
"Are you sure? Maybe he might still needs this."
"No, he already told me to give it to you once he gets his license. Besides, you can ride this already, right?"
"Yeah, I can reach the seat."
"Good, you can use it going to school or somewhere. Just clean it every week."
"I will, say thanks to PJ for me. I'll take it out for a ride."
"Okay, just get home before dinner."

 

I took off with the bike and started went around the streets to get used to it. The bike is a little high, but its better that way in the road. As I was biking around the town, I suddenly saw a female student go in a convenience store.

("Wait, was that the same girl from earlier?")

I stopped the bike at the front and went inside. I saw the girl near the fridge, only to see that she was wearing a different uniform.

("Well, I was wrong. That was embarrassing. Guess I'll just buy something to drink so I don't look stupid.")

I waited for the girl to leave and went to grab a drink from the fridge. I walked towards the counter, paid for the water, and left the store. I sat on the curb of the sidewalk while drinking my water bottle.

*sigh* ("Why did I even go in there?")

I went home and parked the bike inside our gate. I ate dinner and went to my room.
("Don't worry, I'll snap out of this soon enough. Its good that I don't know or recognize her, I'll have a hard time remembering her.")
I closed the light in my room and went to sleep.

 

The following day, I decided to use the bike going to school. As I was about to leave the house, my mother suddenly called me for something.

"Hey Lore, wear this, its your cousin's helmet."
"Oh. Okay, I'll wear it."
"Don't race with cars on the street."

I laughed when my mother said that. When I was younger, I usually ride my bike fast paced even when I feel as if I'm going at normal speed. I took the helmet, wore it, and rode off to school.

 

As I enter the highway, I tried to go faster than my normal pace. Its so exciting, I feel so exhilarated inside. I'm going the same pace as other cars, and before I even noticed, I'm already at the intersection that's a station away from my school. I tried to match the train's speed in my exhilaration, but I withdrew since I didn't want to tire myself early in the morning. I reached my school minutes later, then I parked my bike and went to class.

As I walked though the hallway to class, I feel as if someone is watching me. I'm curious to who it is, but I decided to pay no mind and continued walking. As I entered the classroom, I looked at my friends at the back. Walter, Artello, and Felix, its nice to be in school with them.

14