Chapter 18: Faint Bloom
332 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a nice, Monday morning. I arrived at school at a pretty early time, with only a few students to be seen. I entered our classroom, which is pretty empty. I was the first to arrive, and its pretty boring to stay inside the classroom. I walked out of the classroom and stood by the railing on the corridor. I watched students arrive and walk to their buildings and classrooms, some of them just stood by their buildings while waiting for their friends to arrive as well. Well, I guess I could say that this is a pretty normal and common sight to see on middle schools. Until that one particular student arrived, the student who I fell for. He's so quiet while walking, he doesn't look anywhere besides in front of him to see where he's going. Some students greeted him on the way, but they pass him after he greeted back, its almost as if they never saw him. I don't know why, but I suddenly felt anger towards them.

("Maybe because I like Loruel now, and I feel hate towards unpleasant things that happen to him")
...

*gasp*  ("Am I really concerned about him that much already?")
...
("Wow....I guess I really do like that guy.")

Despite reaffirming myself of how I feel towards him, I shouldn't jump to conclusion with the things that happen to him. I have yet to know about Loruel, and somehow, I feel excited about it. I continued to watch Loruel, then suddenly, he turns to the building that I'm in. He looked up to my floor, I quickly averted my gaze elsewhere out of impulse.

("What was that? Why did he suddenly look up?")
("Could it be that he knows that I'm watching him?")
("Oh no, what do I do? What if he comes up to me?")
("I'm still very shy, especially of him.")

When I returned my gaze downwards, he was gone from where he stood before looking up.

("Oh no, is he coming up? What am I gonna do?")
("What do I say to him? I don't know.")

My heart was beating faster than usual and I'm almost sweating from nervousness. I kept facing down while also watching the corner of my eye for the students coming up the stairs. Suddenly, a swarm of students went up my floor and walked to my direction. I tried to see as much students as I can, but still, I couldn't see him. I waited for a few more minutes, until I notice that almost all of my classmates are already in the room while waiting for our first teacher, and I'm the only one remaining outside. I wanted to stay outside a little more to look for him, but I decided to go inside. I went to my seat, then my friend, Kira, asked me something as soon as I sat down.

"Hey, Yumi, you seem unusual today."
"What? No, I'm not."
"Yes, you are."
"W-why, Kira? How so?"
"You stood out there for almost 15 minutes now."
"What? Really?"
"Yeah, while watching your crush."  *chuckles*
"W-wha- How did you- I haven't even said anything to you yet."
"Oh, you don't have to. Its already pretty obvious earlier. You don't usually stand out the corridor for so long, unless you're by yourself."
"Oh...."
"And also, though pretty unnoticeable, you're sweating  while we went up the stairs and walked towards the room."
"Y-you saw that?"
"Yeah. He must've been with us, no?"
"Well, he suddenly looked up to my floor while I was watching him earlier, which made me look away. Then, when I looked back, he's already gone, so I thought he's coming up. I was nervous, I guess. I don't know what to do yet."
"Awwww  *smiles widely*  Why didn't you tell me sooner?"
"I don't know, I guess I'm still shy about it."
"Well, well, now. Its only been a week since the first day, and you already have a crush. How cute is that?"
"I know. I've never experienced this before, developing feelings for someone."
"Whoa, really? Not even once in elementary?"
"No, not at all."
*smiles very wide*
"What are you smiling about?"
"Oh, its nothing. I'm just witnessing someone first time in love. Its soooo cuuuute."  *giggles*
"Stop it, you're making me embarrassed here."  *slight blush*

 

It was lunch time. I kept all my things inside my bag, preparing to leave, when Kira suddenly invited me for lunch.

"Psst, hey, Yumi. Wanna come with us later? We're gonna have lunch outside the school."
"Oh, I'll pass. Sorry."
"Oh, come on. I'll treat you, don't worry."
"No, its fine. I brought my own lunch."
"I see. Well, see you later."
"Yeah, see you."

I'm not really close with Kira's other friends, they seem rather fake or phony for me. I only became friends with Kira because she wanted to, and she's not like her other friends who don't seem as genuine as her. She's pretty friendly and extroverted, which made her liked by almost everyone. She's also pretty, so she's kinda popular. I grabbed my bag and went to the cafeteria to buy lunch. I lied about Kira earlier on having my own lunch, I just needed an excuse to refuse to her offer. I don't want her to think that I don't want to hang out with her, I just don't enjoy the rest of the people she's with. Just before I went to the staircase to head down, I looked out the corridor. I couldn't see him anywhere, so I just went down. I walked through the corridor, and just before I reached the staircase, a bunch of male students came down from the upper floor. I stopped for a moment to let them pass first, when suddenly, I noticed someone behind them. That person, being my first love, as it turned out to be. I stood completely still while looking at him as he descend from the stairs. I thought he's gonna see me staring at him, but he kept his head down and his sight on the steps.

("I...uh......wow, how unusual. You're pretty mysterious, I see.")
("I'm definitely excited to know you better, my cold, quiet prince.")

14