Chapter 19: My Ice Prince
319 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was walking down the stairs slowly, making sure that you're far enough not to notice me. When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I looked over to the group of students you were walking with earlier, only to see that you're not with them anymore. I tried looking around. It took me a minute, but I eventually found you. You were walking to the gymnasium, and I got curious.

("Why is he going there?  *gasp*  Does he do sports? I wonder what team he's in.")

You went inside the gymnasium, and got out of my sight. I hurriedly walked towards the gymnasium to see where you went. I stood by the entrance and looked around, only to see you up on the watching area and sitting down.

("Ah, he's only watching some of his classmates.")
...
("He's eating his lunch here? Why here?")
("And he's only having bread rolls, how cute.")
("But still, that's not enough for lunch.")
...
("I got it, I'll give him something cute to eat. Then it might improve my relationship with him.")

 

I walked out of the gymnasium and went out of the school to buy some mochi. After walking for a minute, I found a food cart selling mochi ice cream. I bought two of them and walked back to school. Upon entering the school, I notice that some students are already walking to their classrooms.

("Lunch time must be ending soon, I gotta hurry.")

I sped up my walking pace towards the gymnasium in hope of getting to you in time. I arrived at the gymnasium, but some guy was standing on the door. I can't see inside very well since he's blocking my sight. I can't let this get in my way.

"Excuse me, could you move? I'm trying to get inside."
"Oh, what are you gonna do about it?"
"Just step aside, please."
"Give me them mochis first, I haven't eaten much."
"NO. These aren't for you. Don't be stupid."
"You little-"

I knew he was about to grab the food by force, so I ducked and pushed him away from me then ran to my building.

 

As I reached my floor, I noticed that I'm still holding the mochi I'm supposed to give to you. I went back to the staircase and walked up the stairs. I'm walking with some students, which kinda relieved me. It would look pretty obvious if I'm walking alone, and I might get too embarrassed. As I kept walking, I saw you looking at me while walking. I kept walking as well, but my heart stopped for a moment there.

("He.....he saw me.")
("No...he was looking at me.")

I almost screamed internally from what happened, until someone changed that completely. Its that guy from the gymnasium entrance.

("Oh no, he found me.")
"Well, well. You're pretty strong for your size, little girl."
"Let go of me, leave me alone."
"Well, let's see how you like it being pushed."

He pushed my shoulder which made my bag fall to the ground. I almost dropped the mochis, but good thing I held on to it tightly. I definitely knew that he's about to hurt me, when out of nowhere....

"Hey."
...
("His....his voice.")

I haven't heard your voice before, until now. you didn't yell, nor did you shout. You just sternly called out to the guy in front of me. The guy started walking towards you. I became worried, I don't want you to get hurt. However, you looked at me and signaled. I picked up my bag from the ground and ran to the staircase, but I didn't go down yet. I peeked from the wall to see what's about to happen. He grabbed your clothes, about to hurt you. But you stood still, unfazed. Your expression is as cold as steel, but I can sense how confident you are. In the end, he didn't hurt you, and I was so relieved. You weren't even intimidated, which I thought was so cool of you.

("Ah, I should go back to class now.")

 

After a few hours, our last class is almost finished. I still couldn't stop myself from thinking about what happened earlier. 

"Hey.....HEY."
"Wait, I-, uh, what?"
*laughs*  "You're spacing out, we're almost dismissed."
"Oh, yeah. I know."
"You still have your stuff on the table."
"Ah, right." *keeps things*
"What's the matter, did something happened earlier?"
"Actually, yeah."
"Oohhh, do tell."
"Well, long story short, he saved me from some guy."
"Who di- Ohhh, a damsel in distress, are you?"
"Pretty much, and he's my hero."
"Oh, ho ho. *smiles widely* That's so romantic."
"It is."  *blushes*
"What does he look like?"
"Well, his expression always looks cold. He's taller than me, and he has his hair down."
"Ohh, something like an 'ice prince', correct?"
"Yes, pretty much."
"What's his name?"
"H-his name?....Well, I don't know...yet."
"Oh, I see. Where is his room?"
"He's on the floor above us."
"Ohh, okay, okay."

I'm feeling pretty comfortable with Kira talking about him, but I can't help but feel suspicion on her. After a few minutes, our teacher finally dismissed the class. I took my bag and walked out the room.

"Yumi, where are you going? The stairs are this way."
"Oh, I'm jus-"
"Ohh, ho ho. I see, I see. Well, take care on the way home."
"Oh, umm, okay. You too."

I walked towards the staircase on the other end of the corridor. As I walked across the rooms, I see some students began cleaning.

("I wonder if he's also in cleaning duty today.")

I reached the staircase and walked up to the upper floor. Some rooms are already empty and students are walking down. However, there's still one room that isn't closed yet. I walked over to that room and peeked by the door. He was cleaning windows on the farther side of the room. I stood by the staircase while waiting for him to finish cleaning. I wanted to go home with him, however, that guy from earlier is here on this floor again. I'm unsettled on whether I should stand my ground, or ensure my safety and go home. When I looked over, the guy was walking a little faster towards my direction with an infuriated expression. I had no choice, I walked down the staircase without thinking twice of looking back and went home.

12