Chapter 20: A Cold, Dark Past
507 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Almost an hour later, I finally got home. My parents happily welcomed me as soon as I entered the house.

"I'm home."
"Yumi, dear, welcome home. Your mother's in the kitchen, she just began preparing dinner."
"Oh, I see. I'll go to my room now to get changed."
"Alright. Come join us afterwards."
"I will."

I went to my room and changed clothes. I looked at my uniform, and somehow, I can clearly recall all the things that happened today. I kept thinking about all the events, the details, and even my thoughts during those times. I thought it was cool of me on having a sharper memory, then suddenly, my father called me for dinner. I put on a shirt and went to the dining room.

M: "Oh, Yumi. Come, I made some miso soup for you."
Y: "Thanks mom. Its a pretty tiring day, and a soup would be perfect."
D: "Tiring, you say? Wanna talk about it?"
Y: "Well, I guess I can tell you about it."
M: "Ohh, I'm getting excited about this."
Y: "Mom, stop. You're embarrassing me."
D: "Honey, let's not rile it up. Go on, Yumi."
Y: "Well, it was a pretty interesting day. For the first time, I met the eyes of the boy I like."
M: "Ohhhh."  *grins widely*
D: "Ho ho, you've had eye contact, huh."
M: "First eye contact with your first love." *fufufu*
D: *chuckles*  "Honey, stop shrieking. You're embarrassing our daughter."
M: "I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. Its just so cute, our daughter's in love."
Y: *turns very red*  "M-mom!"
D: "Forgive your mother, Yumi. She's just very excited about these kinds of topic. What else happened?"
Y: "W-well....He also saved me from this guy that tried to harass me."
D: "Whoa-ho, okay, I see. What did he do?"
Y: "He walked out of his classroom. He didn't shout, but his voice was pretty stern when he called that guy."
D: "Uh-huh, okay."
Y: "Yeah, then that guy let go of me and started walking towards him. He signaled me to leave with his eye and I ran the other direction. As soon as I got to the staircase, I peeked back on him. The guy held the collar of his uniform, but he stood unfazed. He just looked at him with a cold expression, and he let go of him not long after."
M: "Our daughter's in love with an 'ice prince'. How cute is that?"  *shrieks*
D: "Interesting. When are you gonna take this boy home?"
Y: "D-DAD! What are you talking about?!"
M: "He's talking about when you're gonna introduce this boy to us."  *grins*
Y: "O-oh....well..."
M: "Well...what?"
Y: "Well.....we haven't even...spoke to each other yet."
D: "Hmm, I see. Do you, atleast, know his name?"
Y: "Yes, his name is Loruel."
M: "Loruel....interesting name. I haven't heard anything like that before."
D: "His surname?"
Y: "Sato...or something, I think. I'm not sure."
D: "Sato, huh....I feel like I've heard that before."
M: "You recognize the family name, sweetie?"
D: "A little bit, yeah. But I can't remember very well."
M: "Well, now that's over with, let's continue eating."

The dining room was quiet for a little while, I finished eating and stood up from the table.

M: "Just put it on the counter, dear. I'll take care of the rest later."
Y: "Okay, mom."

 

I went to my bedroom to do some homework, when suddenly, my dad came in to my room and sat beside me.

"Hey, need some help?"
"No, its okay. I can handle this."
"Very well, then."
"..."
"Listen, I'll tell you a little secret. Don't tell your mother, okay?"
"O...okay..?"
"Remember what I said earlier, about his family name?"
"About Loruel?"
"Yes, about Loruel.....Loruel Sato."
*gasp*  "Do you know something about him?"
"Not him in particular, but something about his surname."
"Ooohh, did you know his parents?"
"Well, depending on your description of him, it definitely fits 'that guy'."
"Which guy,dad?"
"You see....

 

 

(Dad's POV)
It was way back when I was still in university. I was only a freshman, but I'm excited to go to this school. As soon as I entered the campus, I was already intimidated with the sea of students. I got nervous at first, wondering if I'll ever keep up with the pace. Then, out of nowhere, there's this one student that stood out from the rest. Some girls glared at him with admiration, while other boys looked at him in annoyance. That student, radiating an aura so cold, that the following breeze shivered almost the all of the students. He has a very pale skin while wearing an emotionless expression. Some might say that he looks like a character out of a comic book, and you won't believe it until you get to see him in person. That student was Samuke Sato, whose name means 'cold'.

 

During his first year, girls always come up to him and try to get to know him or flirt with him. Some even deliberately approached him in a very seductive way. Long story short, he's very popular with the girls during his freshman year. However, I heard that he turned down every single confession that he received. That fact made a lot of guys furious at him, which led to him always being talked about or rumored around the campus. Some even said that he slept with the girls that confessed to him before rejecting them, but I didn't believe that. I chose not to believe those rumors, not because its ridiculous. But because I feel the danger coming to those who dare spread such rumors about him.

 

One time, a few months before the school year ends, an incident happened. One of the students who started rumors about him being a stud suddenly jumped from the top floor of a building. A lot of students saw what happened and surrounded the area before the ambulance arrived. I looked around, then I looked up to the building where he jumped. Then, I saw Sato standing by the corridor railing while looking down on the student that jumped. Even from a distance, I can still feel his cold glare. After a few minutes, the ambulance finally arrived and took the student to the hospital. Although he didn't die, but he never did walk again. A lot of students were very curious of the reason why that student jumped, but for me, I strongly feel that the reason he jumped involved a person he shouldn't have messed with. A person whose danger they underestimated.

11