Chapter 21: True Nature
282 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Its was already the fourth year of college, and unexpectedly, I'm assigned in the same classroom as Samuke. During the first weeks, I felt something strange. He's almost invisible, his cold aura is absent, almost as if he's just a regular student now. I was surprised by this, knowing since he always used to be popular in the earlier years. Perhaps even the ones who really stand out early on eventually loses popularity over time. I became a little more calm with him and my worries were lessened. 

A month into the school year, we became friends. However, I still felt we weren't really close, maybe just like being acquaintances  of some sort. We seldomly have lunch together, and I barely even see him anywhere after class. Well, I don't really mind it at all. Its not really necessary for us to hang out as often, we're not highschool students anymore. I kept my business to myself and decided not to bother him much, despite him asking me to be his friend. Come to think of it, I don't think he really has a friend in this campus.
("Hmm, strange.")

 

Winter season has arrived, and its a pretty cold one this year. Everyone in the campus layered their uniform with a sweater or another jacket. However, Samuke just wore the usual uniform. Its slightly snowing outside, some student even slipped in the snow on the street, but not Samuke. He just walked casually without any problem or hindrance. As he walked normally through the frozen street, some students turned their heads to him. Pretty sure they're quite amazed at how he effortlessly manages to walk normally in this weather. I looked at his face and smiled, his expression really matches the season. For some reason, I kinda missed this side of him, maybe because I'm his friend now.

For the next couple of weeks, he slowly became popular again, even people in the lower years talk about him. However, this time, he doesn't get approached like before. They just like to talk about him, as it seems. There wasn't a lot of gossip about him anymore. Well, I guess after what happened a few years ago served as enough warning.

 

The last quarter finally came, we finally have to work on our thesis. And if things weren't any interesting enough, Samuke was assigned to be my research partner for this. We started immediately during the first week in hopes of finishing sooner.

"I'm relieved I was assigned with you. You seem pretty reliable."
"I guess so, thanks."
"Hm. Just list down the stuff I have to do."
"Yeah, I'll handle the main topic and the main stuff for our defense."
"Alright, leave the rest to me."
"Okay, good. Thanks."
"Oh, and one more thing."
"Yeah?"
"Just in case something might happen, you can all present and do the defense by yourself, right?"
"uh...yeah, I think?"
"Good. I'll take my leave now. I might take until next week to get all things prepared."
"Yeah, no pressure."

Well, its just supports he needs to contribute. Its not really that hard, it just need to be many and valid. 
("Wait, I haven't even told him our topic yet.")

 

Two weeks have passed, I still couldn't contact Samuke. I decided to ask the teachers for help with his address. I immediately wrote it down on my notes as soon as the teacher showed me. Later in the day, I went to his address after classes ended. The place was pretty dark and cold, streetlights wasn't as bright as they usually should. Basically, its a pretty eerie area, and no wonder he lives here. I went up on a 3-storey building and went up on the second floor. As soon as I got on the floor, a cold breeze suddenly blew past the corridor. I paused for a second to think, and no doubt its the same type of breeze he radiates on the first day. I peeked over to see what's happening, and my heart came to a halt. I saw him holding a man by the neck on the balcony. The man pleaded him while having difficulty in breathing as he stood still.

"P..please.....you....d-don't..have....to..*ack*..do this."
"You really think so?"
*coughs*  "Please.......l..let..me....go."
"Very well."

I decided not to watch any further and walked down the stairs as silent as I could. Suddenly, I heard a crack upstairs, and no doubt, it was of a bone. I reached the bottom floor of the building, then a body suddenly fell from upstairs to the dumpster. I immediately walked away from the building. I tried to keep myself calm, but my mind is scared for life. This is the first time I saw someone get killed in person, and I don't know what to do except to get away as soon as possible. I thought of going to a police station, but then I remember what I saw earlier, and I might get the same fate.

 

The following day, Samuke went to school. I'm still a little tensed from last night, but I prevented myself from freaking out. During lunch, he approached me.

"Here's all the supporting details and points. Should be enough, yes?"
"Yeah, this is fine, thanks."
"Right."
"..."
"..."
"You went to my house, yes?"
"...no..?"
"I saw you, no need to lie."
"..oh...."
"You know who that person was?"
"...uh-"
"Right, of course you don't. You remember Samuel?"
"That student that jumped from the building 3 years ago?"
"Exactly. Some friends of his raided my house for a while."
"...so-"
"Yes, its why I'm out of contact for two weeks."
"..."
"They took my phone, broke some furniture, robbed some money the first week."
"Why didn't you call the cops?"
"I just warned them. It should be enough, or rather, it should've been."
"What happened to them?"
"Well, let's just say I took care of the matter."
"...and by that, you mean..."
"...killing them."

My heart started beating on a faster pace, I started to sweat and breathe nervously. He put his hand on my shoulder and looked me in the eye.

"Hey, calm down. I won't hurt you or anything."
"..."
"In fact, you don't even remember..."
"..."
"...right?"

His eyes suddenly turned from pale to bright blue, I felt his sharp gaze pierce through my eyes and deliver a chill on my spine. I couldn't move my eyes, let alone my body. I feel very cold, but I'm not shivering. I knew I couldn't do anything other than saying 'yes'.

"..y-y..es....."
"Alright, good."

 

 

So, I was dramatic asf 12 days ago. I really thought that I'd be gone for a long time, but turns out that its not time for that yet. So in the meantime, I'll keep on writing chapters on my story for you guys to enjoy.
(Also, I deleted the author note cause its just an overreaction and embarrassing, kek)

10