Chapter 19: What Is True Love
2k 3 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jin Huang spent the morning reading various ancient novels, poems, and some short stories out loud to the fox demon. The human and Honghui are sitting side by side on the comfortable sofa located in the living room.

“That story about the couple loving each other deeply, but yet the girl was forced to leave her husband by the mother in law and her brother made her remarry. However she didn’t remarry instead she drowned herself in a lake and the husband hanged himself on a tree in his yard. Is family status that important? Why did they have to separate? They were so in love and everything.” Jin Huang said quietly and his eyes looking down. “I don’t understand.”

“The husband should have protected his beloved wife from the very start.” Honghui stated firmly and he puts his left arm around Jin Huang’s hips. “If I were him. I would have poisoned the mother to death or made her death look like suicide. Would have fed her body to wild animals or have her body burnt to mere ashes.”

Jin Huang’s eyes widen in shock, lips parted in surprise, and feeling pretty startled at how the fox demon would have dealt with the mother. Honghui noticed his future mate’s expression and he gives a little kiss on the human’s forehead.

‘I guess that was too vicious for him to hear.’ Honghui thought and swiftly decided to lie by saying he was just joking.

“I was just joking. I didn’t mean to frighten you, Jin Huang. If I were him would have simply ran away with my beloved and ditch that hateful vicious mother. That mother did not truly love her son for she did not want her son to be happy.” Honghui commented calmly and Jin Huang puts the side of his head onto the fox demon’s left shoulder.

“Back then filial piety was extremely important.” Jin Huang told him in a low voice.

“In the end he did not give filial piety to that vicious hateful mother in the end for he committed suicide after his beloved drowned herself. So he might as well have ditched that so called filial piety and run away with his wife far away from that uncaring mother.” The fox demon explained slowly and Jin Huang moves his head from Honghui’s shoulder.

“Honghui what would you do if someone you love died?” Jin Huang asked in a whisper and he was curious on how the fox demon would respond to his question.

“Destroy the world for my entire world would be destroyed.” Honghui replied quietly and he hugs the human tightly within his arms. “If you were to die, Jin Huang. My entire world would be destroyed for you are my world.”

Jin Huang could only stare and his mind felt as if it has gone blank. Honghui closes his eyes, he keeps on holding the other close, and perhaps now this clueless human will understand.

“Jin Huang what would you do if I died?” Honghui asked softly despite feeling a bit nervous about how the human might respond to him.

“I won’t let you die, little fox.” Jin Huang stated firmly and he looks directly at the fox demon’s face. Honghui opens up his eyes and feeling surprised on how determined those beautiful baby blue eyes are looking at him. “We have not known each other for a long time, but love doesn’t have to take a long time to start. I have learned and experienced a lot from these seven days, Honghui. Somewhere along the way I fell in love with you.”

‘If only I had known sooner.’ Jin Huang felt regret, but there is no going back in time or anything of that sort. Honghui gets up from the sofa while holding the human up with his powerful arms. Jin Huang notices that Hongui’s expression looks as if he is hungry.

“Are you hungry? Want to eat lunch?” Jin Huang asked him and Honghui forces himself to calm down.

“I’m fine. I’m very glad you feel the same way about me.” Honghui’s voice full of joy, he still firmly holds the human in his arms, and starts spinning around the living room. Jin Huang starts feeling a bit dizzy, but he laughed and laughed for the little fox is really adorable.

Several feet away from the villa slowly, but surely the spirits of all the foxes whom the fox demon had killed long ago start to gather and to think that ruthless heartless cruel fox demon actually loves someone not to mention having that love returned.

I hope you all have been enjoying (^_^)/* and I hope you are all looking forward to the next chapter

63