Chapter 24: Check-Up
1.6k 5 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Several tests will be done in order to make certain it will be safe for you to be discharged from the hospital.” Doctor Wang explained and he is standing five feet away from Jin Huang. “First will be checking on your vitals. Body temperature, pulse rate, rate of breathing, and blood pressure.”

Jin Huang nods his head, hugs the little dragon, and trying to force himself to relax. This will be the first time being checked up by a human doctor.

‘Well I was in a coma and taken care of by human doctors and nurses….but of course I didn’t feel anything at all for was in a coma.’ Jin Huang thought and he bites down on his lips. Doctor Wang takes out a simple thermometer and starts walking slowly towards Jin Huang.

‘His heart is racing.’ Liu Honghui thought and he looks up into those tightly closed eyes.

‘It’s okay. It’s okay. It’s okay.’ Jin Huang thought while having his eyes tightly closed and gently rubbing the slick scales. ‘It’s okay.’

“Is something wrong?” Doctor Wang asked in concern and he stops about two feet away from his patient.

“Nothing.” Jin Huang whispered, eyes still closed, and he tightly hugs the little dragon within his eyes. Doctor Wang notices his patient is trembling, face very pale, biting down on lips, and…

“I won’t harm you. I took a solemn oath as a Doctor.” Doctor Wang told him gently and Jin Huang slowly opens his eyes.

“First time being treated by a human Doctor. Up until now I have always been treated by androids and I rarely ever become ill.” Jin Huang said to him and he keeps petting the little dragon. “I have as far as I can recall in various degrees been nervous over human contact.”

Doctor Wang places the thermometer down and sends out a little message for one of the top-rated android Doctors to come over. Jin Huang completely relaxed once he was told that an android will be checking his vitals.

“Is there any reason for that?” Doctor Wang asked softly and Jin Huang looks down at the little dragon.

‘I never really thought about the reason, but now with that somewhat recovered piece of memory…’ Jin Huang thought and he lightly nibs on lip trying to decide whether or not to tell Doctor Wang.

“I never thought about it, Doctor. Now there might an actual reason…When I was in a coma I recalled…when I was five…” Jin Huang was struggling to talk, trying his best not to cry, and he hugs the little dragon to comfort himself.

Doctor Wang has seen numerous patients over his long career and he can see where this is heading the only questions to what degree along with was the criminal or criminals punished for it. No wonder the 16th Prince turned into a little baby dragon.  

Doctor Wang did not pressure his patient to continue talking let Jin Huang go at his own pace. Liu Honghui felt confused, worried, and he licked Jin Huang’s right cheek.

“Why did I remember that certain memory when I was in a coma? What if this is a chain reaction? I don’t want to recover any more of my forgotten memories. Best left buried. I don’t want to ever remember.” Jin Huang muttered quietly and Doctor Wang was barely able to hear him, but Liu Honghui heard him loud and clear.

The android arrived taking care of taking vitals along with performing various tests while Doctor Wang watched on and taking notes. Fluffy was placed into the cat carrier and taking a nap. The little dragon observed and deep in thought.

“You are in good health, Jin Huang. No damage was caused by the coma. It is safe for you to be discharged from the hospital.” Doctor Wang informed him. He decided against suggesting treatment to recover memories which have been suppressed for if treatment was used to forceful regain those memories might cause serious mental and emotional damage to his patient. Most memories starting from after being born up to the age of six have been suppressed. Starting from the age of six up until current age there are some memories suppressed.

‘With cruel, ruthless, and heartless parents it is no surprise. I wonder if his siblings also treated him badly?’ Doctor Wang thought and he feels a great deal of pity towards Jin Huang.

Jin Huang holds Fluffy’s cat carrier with his right hand while holding the dragon toy with his left hand and he was able to discharged himself from the hospital.

In chapter 26 Jin Huang and Liu Honghui will be going to the next world (^_^)/* just a little heads up. Hope you all have been enjoying.

55