Chapter 1 – Last Day of Muggle School
386 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well, hello darling." Aunt Petunia simpered when I came down the stairs. Pfft. She's always simpering.

"Well, hello Aunt Petunia." I 'simpered' back at her.

She smiled at me.

For some unknown reason, she adores me, but hates my brother. Hm. It's so weird. Like, she gave me and my cousin Dudley a room each (we are like, SUPER best friends XD) and forced Harry, my twin, (he's only five hours older than me, but still thinks he's better!) to live in the cupboard under the stairs. I've tried and tried to persuade Uncle Vernon (who also loves me more than Harry) to let him move into my room, you know, bunk beds, but to no avail. They really do hate him.

"Sit down and have some bacon, dear." 

So I sat down next to my cousin Dudley. He and I really are very good chums.

"Hey, Big D." I grinned.

"Hey, Little D." He grinned back.

"So. Last day, huh!" 

"I know what you're thinking, Daisy ..."

"Havoc!" We both shouted, to Aunt Petunia's adoring look.

"So." I lowered my voice to a whisper. "You got the Fun Snaps?" 

"Yup. You got the firecrackers?" 

"Indeed."

"So we're all set, then?" 

"Yes!" I squealed.

"What about the pig's ear?"

"Harry's got it. And you the maggots?"

"Yeah!"

"Permanent markers?"

"Yeah, and you sure you know how to hack the school computers?"

"Definitely!"

We high-fived. Then Harry came in.

Aunt Petunia didn't offer him any bacon, so I did. He sat down next to me.

"So. You got it all sorted, then?" Harry grinned.

"Of course." I smirked at the thought of the teachers trying to sort it all out at the end of school. I swept back my long curly black hair. Harry and I look identical, though I don't need glasses, which is odd ... what's also odd is that we have the exact same lightning bolt scar on the exact same place on our foreheads ...

"I've got the pig's ear."

"Excellent. Right, Aunt Petunia, we'd better be off so we get to school on time!" I grinned.

"Of course, dear, have a nice day!" She gushed.

"Make sure you cause chaos at that school, you two, like I brought you up to do! You show them teachers!" Uncle Vernon chuckled.

"'Kay, Uncle Vernon!" I called.

"Bye, Mum, Dad!" Dudley did the same.

Harry walked out without saying anything, only giving the Dursley's a dirty look. That's my brother!

I mean, they're nice enough to me, but when they're mean to my brother ...

But they have no idea what we're REALLY going to do ... 

When we arrived at the school, my three best friends, Hannah, Megan, and Sasha bounded out. They all had massive grins on their faces.

"This is going to be PHENOMENIALL!" Hannah shrieked.

"And EXTRAORDINHARRY!" Megan yelled.

"And AMAZAYN!" Sasha screamed.

Did I mention that they were ... what do you call it ... Directioners?

"I know, right!" I laughed.

Then Piers, Dudley's friend, came tearing out as well.

"This is going to be-" I winced, thinking of another 1D phrase, "AWESOME!" I sighed in relief. I mean, I love One Direction and all, but my three girl friends are a bit over-obsessed ...

So we went inside. Well, sneaked. We sneaked up to the computer lab and switched round all the timetables on the teachers computers. Hehe!

Then we sat in our classroom and waited. Several teachers came to our room, checked the time, saw our chattering class, and left. Eventually, our right teacher came.

Then, in our Period Two class, Harry and I set the presents on the teacher's desk.

The teacher came in, saw the presents, and opened them. Out fell maggots and a pig's ear! The entire class laughed at him with maggots wriggling around in his lap, and a pig's ear on his desk.

Then, at Break, I hit the fire alarm. Everyone was made to go outside, the teachers were in a panic because nobody they knew had hit it, and it was pandemonium. I LOVE pandemonium! 

Then, us three got out the Fun Snaps and flicked them at people. They burst in their faces, it was hilarious!

Then, in our second to last class, us three sneaked out to go to the 'bathrooms' and instead placed post it notes on all the doors, saying, 'Last Period Class, please go to ___' and then a classroom number, so that everyone was lead around the school on their search for the right classroom! We just sat there in the right class, sniggering, and waiting for the others to turn up.

Then we set off firecrackers in the gym when it was home time. Then we drew on the walls in permanent marker.

It was bloody hilarious! You should really try it!

Dudley, Harry and I were now legends forever in that school.

***

It was Dudley's birthday. 

"Happy birthday, Duds!" I shrieked, flying down the stairs and hugging him. He grinned. 

After he had opened all his presents, Piers arrived, and we all piled into the car to go to the zoo.

After we had gone to all the exhibits, we went to the Reptile House.

There was a massive snake that looked like it was sleeping, but it actually wasn't. Dudley and Piers had moved on, thinking it was.

Harry and I stayed there. 

"It must be so boring for him, having to stay in here all the time, with people goggling at him." Harry murmured. 

"It isssss ..." 

Harry and I looked round in shock.

"Did ... did you just talk?" I asked it.

"Yesssss ..." 

"Cool!" I grinned.

"Awesome!" Harry exclaimed. "So, where have you come from?"

The snake jerked its tail at the sign next to it.

"Ah. What is it like in Brazil? Is it nice there?" Harry asked.

It jerked its tail at the sign again.

"Oh. 'Bred in captivity.' Well that sucks." I said.

"It doessss ..."

"Dad, Dad, look what that snake's doing!" Dudley yelled, sprinting over to us. Well. Waddling quickly.

He pushed Harry aside and he fell to the floor.

"DUDLEY ..." I fumed.

How dare he shove my brother?!

Dudley pressed his nose against the glass.

Then the glass shattered. Shards of glass flew everywhere and one cut his nose.

I knew that it was me who shattered it, somehow, not Dudley's immense weight pressing against it.

***

We were all sitting at home. Dudley had had stitches on his nose. Then the post came through the post box. 

"Dudley, get the post." Uncle Vernon said.

"Make Daisy get it." He grinned at me.

"Daisy, get the post."

"Sure, Uncle V!" I beamed, then glared at Dudley as I walked out the door.

I picked up the post. Two chunky letters got my attention. One in particular, since it said:

'Daisy Potter

Second Bedroom

Number 4, Privet Drive

Little Whinging

Surrey'

And the other one I thought a bit odd. Was someone stalking us?

'Harry Potter

The Cupboard Under The Stairs

Number 4, Privet Drive

Little Whinging

Surrey'

I wandered back into the kitchen, handed out the bills and other stuff, and gave Harry his letter, and looked at mine closer. 

It had a strange seal on the back. A crest, with four animals and a banner underneath saying, 'Draco, Dormiens, Nunquam, Titillandus'. It had a big letter 'H' on it.

Strange.

I was about to open it when Uncle Vernon said, "What's that, Daisy?"

"A letter." I said absentmindedly.

Aunt Petunia gasped.

"No!" She snatched the letter out of my hand, then did the same to Harry.

"You - you can't have them!" She gasped, her eyes wide.

Huh?

***

So, guys. Hope you like this first chapter! :D

16