Chapter 5 – The Hogwarts Express
287 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"There, try and find your Platform Nine-and-Three-Quarters." Uncle Vernon smirked as he left us at the barrier between Platform Ten and Nine.

"Bye, Aunt Petunia." I said to my aunt as she hugged me, sobbing. 

"See you soon, dear." She gasped, wiping her face with a handkerchief.

"Bye, Big D." I whispered, hugging Dudley. He hugged me back just as hard as I was hugging him.

"I'll miss you so much, Little D." He choked, sounding emotional himself, just like his mother.

"Same here." I said, as Aunt Petunia motioned for Duds to hurry up. "Well, see you later alligator." I finished, smiling sadly.

"In a while, crocodile." Dudley said, finally bursting into tears as he took a last look at me before being ushered into the crowd by his mother.

"Right, what do we do now?" Harry sighed.

"Wait until another wizarding family comes along, of course." I said, glancing around.

Just then, a large family of red-heads came bustling along the platforms. 

"Quick, we're going to be late, the Hogwarts Express leaves at eleven!" The red-headed woman said, glancing at the clock mounted on the wall.

"All these darn Muggles." I heard a guy that looked around fifteen mutter as he walked past. Muggles? Hogwarts Express? We were in luck!

I glanced excitedly at Harry, before hurrying up to the family and saying, "Excuse me, but could you tell us how to get onto the platform?" 

The woman looked down at me adoringly. "Of course, dear, of course. You just run straight at the barrier- and you're first years, aren't you? My son Ron is just starting too-" a guy with lots of freckles raised his hand and grinned, "you can go with him, if you like, my dear-" she said to Harry, "and you can go with the twins!" She beamed.

The twins were standing to the side of the family, grinning at us. Ah. These must be the twins that dear old Rubeus was going on about.

"Thanks!" I beamed back.

The guy that was muttering about the Muggles went through the barrier first with his father. Then the woman with her small daughter, then Harry and Ron. They just all vanished into the brickwork. WEIRD. 

The twins were grinning at me again. It looked like they never stopped grinning. Just like me then.

"I'm Fred-"

"-I'm George-"

"-And we're the Weasley twins!" The twins said.

"I'm Daisy Potter!" I grinned.

The twins gasped. "Daisy Potter?!" They both chorused.

"Yup." I said, popping the 'p'.

"Seriously?" Fred said, his gaze settling on my scar.

"Like, really?" George said, looking at my scar too.

"Yeah, like really, like, seriously." I said solemnly with a straight face.

Then we all burst out laughing.

"Let's go!" I yelled, and several Muggles looked round in fright. "Whoops."

We all charged towards the barrier. Then we arrived on a platform with a red train emitting lots of steam, suddenly.

"Wow ..." I breathed.

There were people everywhere.

I pushed all my luggage towards the train and my brother, who was looking out of a window of a compartment already, looking just as awed as me.

"See you guys later, and thanks!" I called to Fred and George, who grinned and waved.

Harry was looking out the window of the nearest carriage, so I made my way over there. As I boarded the train, pushing my trunk and jet-black, tiny owl by the name of Snidget (I had read the word in a book I got from the broomstick store), someone walked into me.

"Mate, you gotta watch where you're going." I said, looking up into the face above me. Oh. My. God. This person had crazy good looks! Is he like, a model for Abercrombie & Fitch or something? 

(A/N: No, but he might as well be, his actor's the very hot Thomas Sangster *fans self while hyperventilating*)

"Sorry! I'm really sorry!" The guy babbled. "Godric, I should have looked where I was going, I wasn't paying attention-" 

"Dude, shut the fuck up and tell me your name." I crossed my arms.

"T-Terry Boot." The guy said.

"Cool. Daisy Potter." I said.

"W-what?!" 

"Have you got the stutters or something?" 

"No!"

"Right." I smirked. "Well, nice meeting you." I grinned and headed down the corridor towards Harry's compartment.

I slid the door open, and Harry jumped. He looked like he was listening to someone's conversation outside the window.

I sat down across from him.

Voices drifted across to me from outside.

"Mum, Mum, that was Daisy and Harry Potter, I swear! She told us!" I heard George exclaim.

"Yeah, imagine ... we got to run through the barrier to Platform Nine and Three Quarters with Daisy Potter ... I wonder if she remembers it? You know, what happened that night?" Fred said.

"Don't you dare ask her! Like she needs reminding of that on her first day of school! No, don't you dare." I heard their mother say. "Oh, the train's moving! You'd better get on quick! I love you - and don't get up to anything like - like blowing up a toilet or something-" 

"We haven't blown up a toilet yet, Mum, but thanks for the idea! We'll send you a toilet seat!" 

I heard their laughter as they boarded the train, amidst their mother's complaints. I laughed with Harry. Now, these boys would be my best friends ...

The train definitely WAS moving, and we pulled out of the station. 

Our compartment door slid open. Ron, the ginger guy, flopped down next to me.

"Do you mind if I sit in here? Everywhere else is full." He said. I sniggered, and shook my head.

"What?" He asked curiously, and as he looked around, he saw my scar. "YOU'RE DAISY POTTER!" 

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Yes, I do know my own name, but thanks for reminding me." 

He looked at me.

"SARCASM!" I screamed, and Harry, who was practically pissing himself laughing, jumped, and started crying with laughter.

Then Ron started to snicker. Then, pretty soon, he was rolling on the floor laughing.

Then I started to laugh too, and we were rofling.

"So, let's play twenty questions!" I exclaimed once we finished rofling.

"Ron, what's your favourite colour?" I asked.

"Orange." He said. "Yours?" 

"Turquoise." I winked.

"Green." Harry said. "Birthday?"

"First of March, yours?"

"Thirty-first July." Harry and I said simultaneously.

"Favourite book?" I asked.

"Flying with the Cannons."

"I have too many to name ... how about The Hunger Games trilogy, the Divergent trilogy, The Maze Runner trilogy, Paper Towns, Percy Jackson, The Fault In Our Stars ..."

"Uh ... The Night Before Christmas?" Harry tried.

"What?" I spluttered.

"What's that?" Ron asked curiously.

"It's a Muggle book." Harry said.

"-For small children." I finished, laughing.

Ron looked at Harry, smirking. "Weirdo."

I stood up. "Well, guys, I'll come back in an hour, I'm going to go out, meet new people, and socialise." I said, winking, as I left the compartment. As I closed the door, I heard Ron say, "Bloody hell, your sister's mental ..."

I wandered down the corridor. The Terry person that I had met waved to me and motioned for me to come inside his compartment.

"Hi again!" Terry said.

"Hey." I said as I took a seat opposite him. There were several other boys in this compartment, as well as a girl.

"Guys, this is THE Daisy Potter." Terry announced to the group. Everyone gasped and started whispering among themselves. 

"This is Ernie Macmillan-" Ernie raised his hand in greeting, "Justin Finch-Fletchley-" "Hi!" "Michael Corner-" Michael waved, "Anthony Goldstein-" Anthony grinned, "and Amy Rolfing." Amy winked.

"Hi guys." I drawled.

"Hi, Daisy!" They all chorused.

We all sat and chatted for a while, Terry, Amy and I in particular debating about which was the best prank, and they were impressed when I told them what I did on my last day of school.

Justin heard, and he said, "People used to do that at my Muggle school!"

Eventually, I told them goodbye, and ventured out to meet some more people.

I strayed into the path of one Muggle-born girl and a desperate looking boy.

"Hello, I'm Hermione Granger, and this is Neville Longbottom, we're looking for a toad, have you seen one?" She asked, a friendly, but bossy glint in her eye.

"No, sorry." I said.

"Well, thanks anyway." Hermione said. 

"Yeah, thanks." Neville agreed.

Then I met Katie Bell, Leanne Sevel, Lewis Hawthorne, and Kurt Brown.

Katie was a player on one of the school Quidditch teams. They were all second years, and knew a lot of pranks. I could use their help at Hogwarts ...

As I was about to leave, I had obviously gained Lewis's confidence, because he caught my arm and whispered in my ear, "I need someone to tell, and you seem like the right person, Daisy. You see, I ... I like Kurt." He gazed up at me with puppy-dog eyes. "Please don't tell anyone? People would make fun of me ..."

I snorted. "Lewis, they wouldn't make fun of you. It's perfectly normal, don't worry. And I'll keep your secret." I patted his arm.

"Yay!" His eyes lit up. I grinned.

"See you around!"

I wandered around, and as I did, I met Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnigan, Lavender Brown, and Parvati and Padma Patil. They were awesome, I could tell I was going to be close friends with them.

I also found Fred and George again, and met their friend, Lee Jordan. We discussed in low whispers what pranks we should do. We were becoming fast friends!

Then I met two girls by the name of Suzanne Wanders and Shannon Waters. It appeared they met because of their names sounding the same.

They were amazing, and pure prank material, like me. All these people were epic!

But I didn't see my blondie friend ...

I wandered back into my twin's compartment.

They had masses of sweets spread out all over the compartment. I snatched a Chocolate Frog up. (I had had some with Dean and Seamus).

"Welcome back." Harry greeted me.

"Did you find anyone to talk to?" Ron asked.

"Heck yeah." And I told them all of my heaps of friends.

I had just finished telling them about Suzanne and Shannon when the compartment door slid open again.

This time, it was Draco and two massive boulders. Were they really people?

"Hello again, Daisy." He drawled. I beamed, and he beamed back.

"And you must be Harry Potter. They're saying all down the train that you're both in this compartment."

"Uh, yeah." Harry said awkwardly. My brother was never one for socialising much ...

"I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy, and this is Crabbe and Goyle." 

Ron snorted.

"Think my name is funny, do you? No need to ask who you are. You're obviously a Weasley." Draco said, looking pointedly at Ron's hair. Ron glared.

"Oi." I said. "Don't talk like that to my friend!"

Draco shrugged and said, "If you want to be friends with me, you two, I can help you avoid the wrong sort." 

Harry and I both stood up.

I said, "I SAID, don't talk to my friend like that, Draco! If you're gonna be like that, then we won't be friends!" At the same time Harry said, "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks!"

Draco looked shocked. Not looking me in the eye, he said, "I rather think you've got enough sweets here, Weasel, Potter."

Goyle reached down to take some of the sweets, and Ron's rat, Scabbers, bit him on the knuckle. Goyle yelled, waving his hand around, and Scabbers flew off, landing in Ron's lap. The three of them scuttled out the door.

"Git." I muttered.

---

It was time. We had arrived at Hogwarts, and we were all streaming out of the train, the upper forms to carriages, the first years to Hagrid, and a small fleet of boats on a lake.

I got on a boat with Ron, Harry, and Terry.

"What's your wand made of?" Terry asked me curiously as Ron and Harry had their own discussion.

"Dogwood and phoenix feather." I said.

"Awesome! Mine's dogwood too, but it's only got a unicorn hair." Terry said.

"Isn't dogwood supposed to be a kind of mischievous wandwood?" I asked. "Like, it likes to perform pranks and stuff." 

(People who have reached Ollivander's shop on Pottermore will know what I'm talking about XD)

"Yes." Terry grinned.

Just then, the boats stopped. We were here.

I had noticed Draco staring at me all throughout the boat ride, and I still felt his gaze on me here. Huh.

9