Chapter 18 – Animagi
148 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When we finished our awkward dancing, I headed towards the gardens that had been set up in the grounds.

"Back in a tic, guys!" I called over my shoulder. "Just getting some air."

I made a beeline towards a bench beside the wall. A firework display was coming up in half an hour. 

I slouched down on the seat. I had danced with both Draco and Terry tonight. Now the big question: who do I like the most?

I was pretty sure I knew the answer.

It was - 

Someone thumped down beside me. Ron.

"Hullo, Ron." I said, looking out over the trees.

"Hi." Ron sighed. "Listen, Daisy, I don't know about you, but I really like you. I'd maybe go as far as to say I love you."

"Oh, Ron, I'm sorry, but -" 

Ron suddenly got up, grabbing my arm and pulling me up too. He pushed me up against the wall and -

"Hey, hey you!" A voice shouted. Someone crashed into Ron and sent him flying, and I slid down the wall.

Draco was standing over Ron, who was sprawled on the ground, both of them glaring at each other. Harry, Terry, Fred, George, and Hermione rushed over to us.

"Daisy." Harry seethed. "Did he - you know - kiss you?"

"Nah." I shook my head. "My dragon intervened." 

Draco's cheeks went pink at the mention of 'my dragon'.

"I'm still going to kill him." Harry growled. He stalked over to Ron, pulled him up, and punched him right in the face.

Ron stumbled back, clutching his nose. 

"Oi," Fred said, "once more, and that's it. Ron deserves a few punches, but not too many."

"Thanks, you're such a good big brother." Ron said thickly.

Harry swung again, but Terry darted forwards at the same time as Draco also swung his fist back, and Ron got a triple punch in the face.

"Oh, baby a triple!" I screamed. "Oh yeah!"

Everyone looked at me weirdly, except for Harry and Hermione, who burst out laughing. (Just look up 'oh baby a triple' XD)

"Oh, and one more for luck!" I beamed, striding forwards, and socking Ron in the stomach. 

"Oof!" He grunted, falling over. I laughed. 

"That's what you get for trying to snog me!" I cried. "Because it's simply impossible! I have standards!"

Then I felt bad so I said, "Just joking!" 

Everyone else laughed, including Ron, who said, "Sorry, Daisy. I don't really know what came over me there. I'll never do it again. Will you forgive me?" 

"Sure." I said. "But I don't think Harry will be too willing to forgive."

I glanced over at my brother, who was still seething. LOL!

Half an hour later, and us eight were standing amidst the other students, watching the fireworks. I felt someone's arm slide around my waist and draw me closer to them. It was Draco, but he was still watching the fireworks and looked as if he wasn't even aware he was doing it.

I leant my head against his shoulder, not aware that I was doing that either.

~~~

The next day, Fred, George, Terry, and I met up in the unused girl's toilets, Moaning Myrtle's ones. I was looking around nervously for her. Let's just say her and I don't get along very well.

"So." Terry said. "Us, the rebels of the school, are going to become Animagi?" 

"Yup." George said. "It'll be fun, and essential for pranking even further." He grinned.

"How?" I asked. 

"By consulting the map, of course!" Fred said.

"Oh yes, the map knows everything." I nodded.

"But do you really think it would know to how to become Animagi?" Terry asked doubtfully.

"You can ask it anything about law breaking-" Fred said smugly.

"-And it would know." George finished.

"Technically, it is law breaking, since we haven't got the Ministry of Magic's permission." I noted. "So ... good thinking!"

Fred tapped the map with his wand. "Marauders, how do you become an Animagus?"

Words began to appear on the parchment again.

'Mr Wormtail would like to say that he isn't exactly surprised that Fred Weasley hasn't figured it out, since he is quite the dunderhead.'

Terry and I stifled giggles.

'Mr Moony would like to add that even Terry Boot would have found it by now.'

"Found what?" We all whispered in unison, except for Terry, who crossed his arms and looked huffily at the map.

'Mr Padfoot would like to register his disappointment that a mischief maker such as the Weasley boy has not found it yet.'

We all stared eagerly at the parchment.

'Mr Prongs bids you good day, and advises you to check the 'Confiscated and Highly Dangerous' drawer in Mr Filch's office, though has doubts that such a dumb person would find it.'

We all stared excitedly at each other.

"Let's go!" I jumped up and said.

We all sneaked down to Filch's office. I put my ear to the door. I could hear cluttering going on inside.

"He's in there!" I mouthed to the others.

They nodded grimly. "Distraction time." Fred mouthed back at me.

Fifteen minutes later, and we were in, having set off a dozen Dungbombs all over the school.

I whipped open the drawer, and rifled through all the things. Boxes full of substances, glass jars full of dangerous potions, self-destructing fireworks with a Dormant Charm on them, Exploding Snap packs jinxed out of control - and a book.

"Nice, self-destructing fireworks!" Terry picked them up. "I'm taking them!"

Fred and George were pocketing all the glass jars, boxes, and Exploding Snap packs. I picked up the book.

It was a very small book, with only a few handwritten pages inside. The handwriting was in four different fonts, though ...

I had a feeling I knew what it was.

"Quick, out!" I hissed, and we all darted out.

We arrived in the toilets again. I opened up the book, and the boys crowded around me. We began to read.

'HOW TO BECOME ANIMAGI!!!!!

This is the Marauder's guide to becoming Animagi, because we're all becoming Animagi ourselves (apart from me, of course - I'm a werewolf! Awoo!) - Moony

Shut up, Moony! I'm taking over. 

Alright, so we thought that we'd keep a record so that we could give this to our children when we're older, so we'd not be technically telling them to become Animagi, just hinting, you kn-

- Prongs

You're rambling too much! Alright, we made a potion, in fact, lots of it, that you take to become an Animagus. One person only needs to take one quarter of the potion. Here's how to make the potion:'

Then there was a lot of ingredients and instructions on how to make the potion, but the thing was, we didn't have half the ingredients! 

'- Wormtail

And now, for the fabulous me! Just take the potion, and wait for exactly five minutes. Then you will start to feel yourself shrinking, or growing bigger, or something due to the animal you're turning into. Oh, and by the way, you don't get to choose the animal you turn into, you turn into an animal depending on your personality! Anyway, you concentrate on that feeling, get used to it, and bam! you're the animal. Then there's the tricky part - you remember the feeling you got turning into your animal, concentrate on it, then you're back as yourself again. Repeat process whenever you want to change. After a while, it'll be second nature! - Padfoot

Adios, amigos! (Or Animagi, whatever xD) (or even our children! Bye bye, kids! Remember, WE DID NOT TELL YOU TO BECOME ILLEGAL ANIMAGI, YOU WERE TEMPTED BY THIS BOOK!!)

Authors - Moony (aka Remus Lupin), Wormtail (aka Peter Pettigrew), Prongs (aka James Potter), and Padfoot (aka Sirius Black)'

I sat there, staring at the tiny book. James Potter ... James Potter ... James Potter ...

Prongs was my dad!?

"Wow." Fred said softly. "Your dad was awesome."

"Yeah!" George agreed.

"Oh, it's alright. He was an amazing guy, and he even let us know how to become Animagi! AND he helped create the Marauder's Map!" Terry said, putting an arm around me as I stared at the words 'Bye, bye, kids'.

"The Marauder's Map!" I gasped. I grabbed it from Fred, and tapped the map, saying, "Prongs, you're my dad!"

'Mr Wormtail would like to say hello to this rather odd child of Mr Prongs.'

'Mr Moony would like to register his astonishment that this kid lasted long enough to come across that information, considering her size.'

"Hey! I'm not that small." I said half-heartedly. 

'Mr Padfoot would like to register his glee that Mr Prongs has a child, and that he is going to terrorise her when he meets her, to get revenge for what Mr Prongs did to him in third year.'

There was a pause in the parchment-writing. Then,

'Mr Prongs would like to say that he is very proud that he has a daughter as beautiful as her.'

I smiled, tears dripping from my face.

"You keep it." Fred said, pressing the parchment to my chest. "It's your dad."

"Thanks." I nodded. I wiped my face with a handkerchief, then stood up. "I'm fine. Well, do you think any of these potions are Animagus potions?"

Fred, George, and Terry looked at me like they were sure that I wasn't okay, but began sorting through them.

"Here!" Terry cried, holding up a glass jar with a light blue liquid in it. It had a label on the side, saying, 'Animagus Potion'.

"Well, that was easy." George said.

Terry uncorked it, then drank a quarter of the potion. He passed it to me, then I passed it to Fred, who passed it to George.

We waited for five minutes. Then, Terry began to shrink. He grew fluffy fur and his ears began to extend and thin.

A few seconds later, he was a curly haired rabbit. A small one! I was definitely going to be bigger than him!

"Well, that's your distinguishable feature." I laughed. "Your curly hair!" 

The rabbit made an indistinguishable noise.

Then I felt myself begin to shrink, and felt my legs and arms becoming nearly the same length, my ears becoming more floppy...

And I saw myself in the mirrors. I was a shih tzu puppy. A really cute one at that. (Picture of Daisy's Animagus form in the comments! Just follow the link!) And I still had the lightning-shaped scar on my forehead. 

Now Terry was bigger than me again. Damn!

Then Fred began to change, until he became a red squirrel. 

Then George became one too.

We were Animagi!

4