Chapter 20 – Detention and Ultimate Tag
134 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alright, you got the Multiplying Rabbits?" Terry asked me.

"Yup." I replied.

"Right, no one's nearby." Fred said, consulting the Map.

"Fire away." George grinned.

I set the three pink Rabbits on the ground, and tapped each with my wand. Immediately they started hopping around and multiplying by two every ten seconds.

We transformed into Animagi form and darted off to different sections of the school to witness the hilarious event as it unfolded.

Terry went to the Entrance Hall to prevent any bunnies from escaping out of the door. He was the odd one out, being the only rabbit with curly and dirty-blond fur.

The two red squirrels lurked near the staircase area - the bunnies kept falling off the stairs to their deaths - every time they died, they were reincarnated and multiplied by three, and this was absolutely hilarious!

I just ran around the school - the teachers had now noticed the bunnies and were trying to Vanish them. Every time they tried to Vanish the rabbits, they multiplied by four, and every time they tried to Transfigure them, they grew to twice their size.

I passed Floppy in the corridor, and he smirked at me. I tried to bark viciously at him, but it came out as an adorable woof (if I do say so myself). 

He suddenly snatched me up. I whined. He took me all the way up to the Astronomy Tower, me squirming in his hands, and hung me over the edge. 

"What if I dropped you?" Floppy asked me, a smirk dominant on his face.

I started squirming and whining more vigorously.

He swung me tauntingly back and forth across the railing. Then he dropped me - in that second my heart stopped - and he caught me again.

He was trying to torture me mentally! The asshole!

I heard a voice shouting distantly ... at the foot of the Tower ... Draco. He was shouting up at us. He looked angry. Obviously.

Then someone behind us said, "Hey!" 

Terry and the twins were standing beside the spiral staircase. 

"Drop her." Terry commanded.

"If you wish-"

"Not there!" Terry said in a panic.

"Put her on the ground." Fred growled.

"Well, the ground's down there, isn't it?" Floppy grinned. I felt his fingers suddenly almost lose grip, and I yelped.

"NO!" Fred yelled.

"In front of us. There." George gestured at the ground in front of him, Fred, and Terry.

"Who said I had to do what you say?" Floppy asked, holding me out further over the railing.

Of course I knew he was joking around. He was eleven. He wasn't going to kill anybody. But I took matters into my own hands. I did something both very brave and very stupid. I transformed out of my Animagus form, Floppy then losing grip, me falling through the air. Three cries split the air and one distant one from the ground. Then I managed to hook one of my arms around the railing. I was safe. For a second, then I lost grip. I dropped like a stone towards the ground.

All I remember was that something clicked in my mind. All I remember was time ... I dunno ... slowing down. Everything, the cries of my friends, the birds, the breeze brushing the leaves of the trees in the Forbidden Forest, the students walking below, Draco fainting - wait, what? - seemed to slow down. I fell through the air softly, like a feather. I landed on the ground with barely a jolt. 

Draco was lying on the ground a few feet away, his face extremely pale. I felt the adrenaline pumping through my veins. What just happened there, I had done it myself. It was extraordinary. I was extraordinary. 

I picked Draco up.

"Time for me to carry someone for a change." I laughed.

---

In the hospital wing, Terry and the twins eyed me in awe.

"How did you even-"

"I'm so confused right now-"

"That was amazing!" 

That last one was Terry, his voice laced with admiration. I blushed, turning away towards Draco. He was still out.

"I mean, all we saw was you falling really quickly and then landing perfectly!" Fred exclaimed.

At that moment, Draco chose to wake up.

"Daisy! Daisy! Is she - is she alive?!" He gasped. Then he looked around and saw me. I waved awkwardly.

He went white again and crumpled back onto the hospital bed. I facepalmed.

"Well, I've got to go. Homework to do." George grumbled. 

"Same. Let's use Terry! He's a Ravenclaw!" Fred said.

Terry grumbled as they got up.

"I'm staying." I grinned, picking up one of Draco's hands and enclosing it in mine. I had really tiny hands, so everyone else's always looked huge compared to mine. 

Terry scowled at the ground and the twins smirked at me. I flipped them off.

They walked to the door, but Professor McGonagall suddenly arrived in through the double doors. She strode over to us.

"Detention. All of you." She said pointing to all of us in turn, including Draco. "I know you did it." 

Then she swept out, not leaving me any time to point out that Draco had no part in this.

"This'll be great banter." I sighed.

~~~Third Person~~~

Albus Dumbledore swirled the contents of the Pensieve around, as Daisy Potter landed perfectly on the ground after falling from the Astronomy Tower.

"What does this mean, Headmaster?" Severus Snape asked. "If she's this ... ah ... powerful?"

"Something bad or good." Albus murmured. "This is very curious. It all depends on her will of mind ..."

"Her will of mind? What does that mean?" 

Albus looked up into the eyes of Severus. "Which side her mind is more dominant on. If Lord Voldemort has got into her mind more than I had originally thought, then it all depends on her will of mind."

"Then ..." Severus said slowly. "If the Dark Lord chooses to posses her ... then we have no hope?" 

"No hope at all."

~~~Daisy~~~

Us five, all grinning like maniacs, met Argus Filch in the Entrance Hall for our detention. He hated me already. He glared at all of us. 

Terry, the twins, and I had named ourselves the 'Insurgents' - ha, Divergent - after deciding that we needed a group name like the Marauders.

He took us out to Hagrid's hut, telling us how much he'd like to hang us by our ankles from his office ceiling. 

Hagrid came out of his hut and told us that we'd be hunting the Forbidden Forest for a unicorn that was losing a lot of blood.

"What? T-the Forbidden F-Forest?" Draco stuttered.

"Ni-i-ice!" Fred, George, Terry, and I high-fived.

"Let's split up. Daisy and the twins, yeh take that route there. Draco and Terry, yeh're with me. Send up green sparks with yer wand if yeh find the unicorn, red sparks if something goes wrong or if yeh're attacked."

Terry and Draco didn't look too happy about that arrangement. Parvati and Lavender had told me that they thought the tension between them was because they were fighting over me, apparently a so-called 'love-triangle'. I really don't think that there's a love triangle at Hogwarts! 

We set out on different paths. We walked along, whispering for a few minutes, then the twins fell back a bit. 

Something suddenly jumped on me. I shrieked and sent up red sparks - before realising that it was just the damn twins.

Fred fell off me, laughing. George tried to look innocent, but then he burst out laughing too.

I glared at them both.

"You jerks!" I laughed, shoving them.

Then suddenly there was crashing in the undergrowth and Hagrid, Terry, and Draco appeared, panicked looks in their faces. Relief flooded Draco and Terry's when they saw us, but Hagrid looked exasperated. 

"Right, twins, yeh're with me from now on." Hagrid said. "Off yeh go, yeh three."

"You had me scared there." Terry gasped, throwing an arm around my shoulders.

"You had me absolutely terrified." Draco said, sliding an arm around my waist.

They both glared at each other. It was hilarious. I was struggling not to laugh.

Then I spotted it. Unicorn blood, lots of it.

"Here, guys." I said, spotting a dark, large shape at the end of a clearing. 

Then it moved.

I could just make it out. Someone in a black cloak was bending over a unicorn carcass, drinking its blood.

Drinking its blood?!

"Aaahhhh!" Draco yelled, twisting away and sprinting for the edge of the clearing. He tripped over a root sticking up from the ground. I ran to help him up.

The figure heard us and turned around. I suddenly felt a stabbing pain on my forehead, my scar. 

I screamed, dropping to the ground, clutching my scar.

"Daisy! Daisy!" Draco yelled.

Then - then some wet substance seeped onto my fingers. I drew them away shakily. They were covered in blood. My scar ... it was bleeding! How does that even work?!

"Daisy!" Terry screeched.

Then I looked up. The cloaked figure was advancing towards us. The pain was intense, and was getting more intense by the second. I was submerging into a world of hazy blackness ...

Then I felt something moving in my mind ... something was spreading over it, taking over ...

NO. I fought it back. 

I felt arms drawing around me protectively. I wanted to stand up, to fight, but my scar was stinging like mad. I wilted into the arms, whoever those belonged to.

Then it was over. Terry had sent red sparks up, and Hagrid and the twins had come dashing into the clearing.

"Daisy!" All three of them exclaimed in alarm.

"You're really pale!" George hissed.

"And you're bleeding!" Fred yelped.

We managed to get back up to the school. The guy in the cloak had vanished. My clan took me to the hospital wing, and Dumbledore came in.

"How does your scar feel?" Dumbledore asked me quietly.

"It stings. But it's okay now. When that figure was near me, it started to burn - and it started bleeding!"

His eyes widened slightly, and to me that was a bad sign. It's really difficult to surprise Dumbledore.

"Did ... did you feel anything ... in your mind?" 

"Yes." I said quietly. "Like something that was already in there was trying to take over the rest of my mind or something."

"What happened after that?" Dumbledore inquired with a troubled look in his eyes.

"I fought it back."

"Thank you for your time, Daisy." Dumbledore stood up, smiled grimly at me, then swept out with a very troubled expression on his face.

But I was pretty sure I saw some hope in his eyes when I said that last sentence.

---

"Time to play Ultimate Tag!" I exclaimed.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked at me. "Are you sure you're okay, Daisy?" Hermione asked. 

I had confessed to them all that had happened last night. Harry was especially worried.

"Yep!" I said brightly.

I gathered Seamus Finnigan, Dean Thomas, Lavender, Padma and Parvati, Neville, Lee, the twins, Terry, Draco, Shannon, Suzanne, Amy, Katie, Leanne, Lewis, and Kurt together with us.

I explained to them the rules of Ultimate Tag. Use the fireplaces in the school with Floo Powder, run, and hide about the school. If you get tagged, you have to join the hunt.

Last one hiding wins.

We all split apart, Lee Jordan being the Tagger.

I hid near the library. In one of the rooms beside it, there was a fireplace. There was a bucket of Floo Powder beside it. I was hovering there, waiting for a Tagger to come.

Then Shannon burst through the door. She spotted me, an evil grin slowly spreading across her face.

I screamed and darted for the powder. I grabbed some, threw it into the fireplace, and screeched "Gryffindor Common Room!"

I tumbled out of the fireplace, Shannon following a second later.

I darted for the fireplace again and screeched "Ravenclaw Common Room!"

Then, when I arrived, I, quick as a flash, threw some more powder in and screamed "Hufflepuff Common Room!"

Then "Slytherin Common Room!"

I got out there and hid behind an armchair. All the Slytherin's seemed to be in here. I darted up a spiral staircase without anyone noticing me.

I met Draco on the way up.

"You're not tagged, are you?" We both said simultaneously and anxiously.

"Well, I'm not!" Draco said.

"Ditto." I said.

"Come on!" Draco said, taking my hand and looking around nervously. "They'll be onto us any second now."

We ran all the way up to his dormitory.

"Here." Draco lead me over to a bed. It smelt very ... nice. It smelled like the forest. 

Beside the bed there was a fireplace.

I picked up the Floo Powder, and said, "Gryffindor First Year Girl's Dormitory!" 

I arrived in my dormitory. Then Draco arrived a second later.

We both sat down on my bed. 

"Well, this is awkward." I said.

"You always make things awkward." 

Draco moved closer to me, drawing his arm around my waist. My hand went up to his hair.

"And that's a good thing." He whispered, coming ever closer.

2