Rose withering under the beautiful moon
56 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Should I add a few chapters? If yes, then the next one should probably be the POV of the woman.
  • Yes
  • No
Total voters: 8 · This poll was closed on Apr 15, 2021 06:26 AM.

Her blank eyes looking at me, her usual gentle smile with a touch of wildness were completely replaced by a sad smile.
Her body that always exuded a free temperament was completely stiff while looking at me.
I met her when she was completely closed off from the world.
I met her when she was timid and it was too hard for her to speak what she wanted to say.
I tried my best to change her because I thought it was the best for her.
I did my best and I succeeded. At least it was what I thought.
Her repressed smile turned into a cheerful smile, and she started to become freer with her words.
I completely thought that she was in her best form, I was naive.
I thought that smile was her true feeling, I was naive.
In my mind she was at the peak of her life, I was too naive.

Even though she had what everyone would like to have, money, looks, background, etc. she was not living her own life.
I didn't realize that she has always been forced to be someone she didn't want to be. I didn't realize that she has been trying her best because I wanted her to be like someone completely different from her. I didn't realize the damage I provoked her all this while.
I was just looking forward to her future life ignoring her thoughts about wanting to change or not, I was selfish.
I wonder if I hadn't done anything, would she still be wasting her youth in that dark and lonely house?

A house completely isolated from everyone else located in a poor village opposite her background. No, now that I think about it, what was her opinion on all of this?
Has she ever said that she wanted to change? Has she ever said that this is how she wanted to be? Has she ever been... happy?
So why has she tried to change? Just because I said so?
In other words, is this completely my fault?

My blank eyes looked at her red, pretty eyes, she is too beautiful.
Her dark long hair reaching her waist, her eyes were glowing as if they were sapphires. Even though I have known her for 10 years, I still think that she is too beautiful. As beautiful as a rose in full bloom.
And this same rose is rapidly withering because of me.

Her eyes were rapidly dropping tears under this beautiful night, I am the one who broke her already fragile heart. I knew it too late.
At first, I was completely captivated by her but I thought that I didn't deserve to be with her, a lone man with an extremely selfish personality wanting the most beautiful flower? That was what I thought and completely repressed my feelings.
I didn't know her feelings all this while, I also didn't know about her thoughts this whole time.
I only came with the idea of helping her have a life deserving as what I saw in her, a beautiful flower.

I used my entire wealth in her, I completely wasted my brains in making her better, I completely ruined everything I had including friends, family, career, my life in her. For why? Because I was selfish and wanted her to be what I wanted her to be in my mind, a beautiful flower in full bloom, even at the cost of my life. It was my selfish love for her.

Several years later, I completely wasted my youth in her transformation and I succeded. But when seeing how others looked at her with different feelings of admiration, jealously, and... love. I felt completely different from what I thought I would feel.
Negative thoughts filled my mind, and I knew it was the time to draw a line between us because I knew of my selfishness. Thoughts about wanting her to be mine filled my mind at that time, 'I was the one making her who she is now, it's right for her to be mine.'

Selfish thoughts like this enveloped my mind for a long time, so I drew a line between us because I knew that I would something that I would regret.
I who wasted everything in her had nothing in my name, except for a little cottage at the outskirts of the village where I knew her.
Several years passed by as I was getting older and older, many women approached me at the beginning because of my appearance but when I thought it was time to go on in life, her beautiful face always appeared in my mind preventing me to continue.

2 years passed like this and I was 30 years old, not too old nor too young. Now, thinking about her once again she should be 27 years old, she should already be married at this age right? I wonder if she already has children, I wonder if she has gotten even more beautiful than before?.
Looking at the piano in the cottage that I worked so hard to buy, I thought like that. I remember that she liked to hear me touching the piano the most, so I bought it. I sat in front of the beautiful white piano and gently touched her favorite piece, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rhr3LtSpHw) the wind gently blew outside my little cottage, the small room made a great contrast against the beautiful piano that used almost half of the space while thinking,
'Why have you never disappeared from my mind this whole time?'
'Are you finally happy now that I am away from you?'
'Are you happy now that you can do what you truly want to do?'
'Have I been a bother in your peaceful life?'

Useless things filled my mind little by little, I knew it was useless to think about her at this point but I could no stop my mind from thinking about her.
How beautiful she looked when she was dancing amidst the flowers, how she resisted crying when she fell when running in the city, and her beautiful smile when we were running away from the rain in the park.

Sometimes, in my mind, I looked at the past while looking at the dark sky illuminated by the pale light of the moon while thinking about what would have happened if I did things differently. Maybe we could continue to be together? Even as friends?

A bitter smile slowly grew on my face while slowly retracting those thoughts. I sighed when the piece of music finally finished and closing the windows near me, finally heading towards my bed to sleep.

A sudden knock on my door stopped me before I briefly made my way to see who is it at this time, knowing that I rarely talk with other villagers.
Instantly after opening the door, I felt an instant pain on my back while at the same time a weight fell on top of me taking a breath away from my mouth. While I couldn't think about the happening because of the sudden shock, I felt drops of water falling on top of my thing shirt.

The slender body of the beautiful her was hugging me who is on the floor covered in dust from the sudden collision. She, as if not caring about anything just kept crying and sobbing while crushing me with her arms.

When I realized what happened and not knowing what to do, I only allowed her to do what she wanted to do while slowly and gently rubbing her back until she spoke her first words, ''I found you, Vincent.''
While hearing her beautiful voice once again, I could only softly utter her name, ''Rosalie.''

Note: The poll will finish in 7 days. 14/4/2021 

4