Chapter 1 Seller
37 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1 Seller

“Ha ha”

Panting Jake stops for a while and hid in the corner just next to the trash cans. After while sounds of footsteps and shouting came

“He went were!” Said one of people wearing a police officer. The others proceed to go in that direction not knowing they have just missed their target.

Jake hearing the shouts of police almost made a sound and got caught. Waiting for a while the sounds of footsteps seem to disappear.

“Sigh I should not have accepted the job. Now I’m wanted from the both the police and the gang.”

Jakes mother was hospitalized and was diagnosed with cancer. Jake is an only child and his father passed away a long time ago. His family owned a small grocery store so they were fine. Wanting to pay back what his mother done to him Jake seeks out jobs to earn the cost for the treatment but here’s the thing Jake dropped out of college to fool around and because he was lazy. For a long time he was just freeloading from his mother and a few of his friends.

After knowing that his mother was diagnosed with cancer Jake woke up from his lazy days and started working. Even selling the grocery store isn’t enough to pay for the treatment. But what could he achieve in a short amount of time? Desperate, Jake was approached by one of his friends and said he got a good job and low risk as long as he just played it right.

Jake accepted the job with little hesitation, of course after knowing what it was, he was shocked. It was a simple selling of a product, that product being illegal drugs. Jake started hesitating after hearing what the job was but the thought of his mother suffering without him being able to do anything pains him so he accepted the job.

Jake was a total newbie at this and most of the time he doesn’t know where to start that is why two weeks later the police got a picture of him selling drugs and that lead to what happened now.

However, jake was totally okay with it though cause just one week after he was selling drugs, he got a lot of money from it and even though only a small part of it is his, Jake took all the money and used it to pay for his mothers’ treatment that led to him being hunted by the gang he works.

“At least she’ll be okay for now. The police probably already know my mother so they probably sent officers there to wait for me to catch me. It will also be a protection from the gang in case they use here to bait me out.”

Ready to move out from this place his phone rang. He saw that it was his mother calling. Jake answered. He doesn’t care if it was the cops just wanting for him to surrender.

“Mom?” Jake said

“Son, how are you?” Ask his mother with a frail voice.

“I’m okay. How’s your condition?”

“Listen son, what you did wasn’t right no mother would like that”

“…I know” Said Jake as he closes his eyes. Deep down he was a bit satisfied not because of the drugs he sold but because of what he’s done for his mother. For the first time he felt like he was doing something significant for he’s mother. Although it was wrong as long as his mother is okay then this bit of being chased by the police and gang is okay.

“Son go home, its okay you’re my son no matter what you do I’ll still love you. I want… you.. to ..live.. life.. fully.. surrender… to… the police… and you’ll…. be fine.. you’re’.. just… a victim..” The voice slowly fades away to end.

“Mom! Mom are you okay?” Jakes heart is shaken just as he was prepared to go to the hospital where his mom at. A tall guy with tattoos all over his neck walks up to him from his side. Jake was too focus from the call the he didn’t notice him.

Just as Jake notices the guy it was too late.

Bang! A gunshot was heard and jake fell to the ground.

The guy snickered and said “No one mess with us kid” and walks away.

Jake lay flat on the ground. He used al his strength to pick up the phone.

“Mom? Are you okay please tell me” Blood gushes out from his stomach and mouth as he said so.

“Your mother is fine, she has just taken surgery before you called her, she just passed out”

A different voice answered Jake. It was a stern but with a hint of gentleness.

“I see” Hearing that Jake smiled in relief. So she has just taken treatment that’s good.

“You should stop running your mother is fine now and well help lighten your case if you surrender to us and help testify for the crimes of Blood gang just-“

Jake wasn’t hearing what the person on the phone was talking he was just lying there wearing a smile. He was about to die but he felt strangely relieved. The only regretting thing is that his mother will be all alone. Though she currently has a lover it will still devastate her knowing what will happen to me.

As the light slowly flickers, Jake’s eyes completely closed never to be open again.

 

 

“Curse those demons! They actually dare to play with the deceased and used them as playthings”

In the middle of a tent a fully armored tall knight smashed the table with his big hands and spoke.

“We have to calm ourselves, otherwise we’ll just fall for their traps” Said one of the knights.

“But we must take immediate actions we can’t let them do however they please”

“Our best course of action is to retreat and regroup.”

“I agree”

“You’re just going to let them go!?!” Said of the knights who spoke earlier.

“We are at a disadvantage we were too late to get here and now they’ve conquered the city. Our best course of action is to retreat, plan and then take this place back.”

“But what about the people?!!”

“Well provide a way for them to escape”

“How’s that enough?!”

“Stand down Rock! I know you have relatives there but going there and attacking them is just suicide! Shelby is right. We need to retreat.”

The heated discussion continues as they eventually decided to let their captain make the decision.

“Go call captain he should be awake now”

One of the knights got of the tent to go to the captain’s tent. Going in he said

“Captain your awake?! That’s great! The others need your decision on something”

The captain just sits there dazedly. Seeing this the knight though that the captain wasn’t 100% fine yet.

Few minutes before. The captain woke up from his slumber but he wasn’t the same captain as before.

“Where am I? Am at the hospital?” Still feeling dizzy he sits up and looks at his surrounding he was just about to call the nurse when an intense headache erupted from him. Slowly memories from the captain came to him. “I’m jake Robertson wait no I’m Arthur Lucas. I… is this transmigrating from in another world?” Jake read a lot of stories about transmigration and usually those guys have something like a cheat or a gold finger. Just as he was wondering

“Ding!” A notification sound was heard and at the same time the knight came in to deliver the message about the decision.

“Sir the others are asking if we should continue advancing and attack the city or retreat”

Also, at the same. In front of the captain or Jake a window panel is hovering in the air. Words were written in it surprisingly it was English as Jake remembers that the language in this word is different from English. But that’s not important. Jake read the words quietly almost mumbled in a dazed.

“Welcome to the drug lord system…”

 

 

 

  

 

1