Hellbound [15] – Year 26 – Fate
78 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rachael is right on time but she looks a little stressed.

"Busy day?"

"Some people seriously ..."

"Bad day then,"

"Yes we have lockers you can rent and no you can't rent by the week just while you are here. Stop shouting and just use common sense. I wish I could just yell that back at times,"

I use a little magic and pour her a hot chocolate, a little magic seasoning to calm her as it floats over.

"Thank you Alex. Honestly, I can see why you are a loner,"

"I kind of isolated myself in my youth..." I think back pausing, my mind hasn't gone that way in a while and I quickly get a hot chocolate for myself, magic included.

"You okay Alex? You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to,"

"I just was thinking back to when I was twelve, I went through a hard time,"

"If you need a sympathetic ear I am always happy to listen,"

"I thought you needed to rant about your day,"

"Alex, this isn't about that anymore, I can see it in your eyes, you are hurting,"

"When I was twelve my father died,"

"I am so sorry," I take a moment hesitating.

"I kind of isolated myself back then, well isolated more I was always a bit of a loner but I kind of pushed people away more,"

"If you ever need to talk or just a shoulder to cry on I will be there for you,"

"No no it is fine, I-" My head shoots up, that is extremely strong heavenly magic.

 

"Rachael, you can use fly magic a bit right?"

"I am still struggling with it but I can at least not fall,"

"Good enough," I reach out with magic and make a rucksack appear, throwing it over.

"Alex?"

"It is a parachute, in case your magic is blocked, strap it on and if you start falling pull the cord hard," I get a second one for myself putting it on and checking it over. Realm crossings are almost never in the air but it is good to be prepared.

"Is this correct Alex?" I check her over, pulling on it, and touch the straps with magic to sense as much as I can.

"Looks good, remember if realm bound pull the cord, it should buy you enough time to get enough distance and teleport out, start casting even in the realm," I take a moment to calm myself, these are dangerous but whatever happens it needs to be dealt with and I just hold out my hand for Rachael to take. She sees my nerves acting up but puts on a brave face, reaching out and giving me a nod.

 

We are almost directly over my house just a lot higher standing on the air, I release Rachael when her magic to hover kicks in, and then I see her. An angel, very gentle-looking but a white blindfold over the eyes.

"You are not in a mortal form, please leave," - Alex

"I can not enter this realm as a mortal but I do not need long, you have already answered my summons," - Angel

"What do you want?" - Alex

"To see the catalyst of future," - Angel

"Alex what is she?" - Rachael

"I don't know but I think she might be an angel of fate," - Alex

"That is correct, I see time differently and your nature is interfering with all strands," - Angel

"Because I am hellbound?" - Alex

"Because of what you will do," - Angel

"She would never cause harm," - Rachael

"She is the catalyst, the lynchpin that will bring chaos and then ... order," - Angel

"What do you see?" I can't help but wonder now but I don't trust her, too many angels have control issues.

"The hells and the heavens, the mortal realm changed forever but it isn't time yet and the motion is faint. I pray we never meet again," - Angel

"Then please leave peacefully," - Alex

"What about me?" - Rachael

"Rachael, this could all be a trick," - Alex

"But if what she says is true there must be more," -Rachael

"If she is the catalyst then you are beaker where the reaction takes place," - Angel

"Spare us your cryptic words and speak plainly," - Alex

"I can not, this fate is unavoidable, it must be for greater peace," -Angel

"And in that greater peace, I am in the hells?" She just looks away at my question.

"Tell me!" I shout back forcing the issue.

"I can say no more," She just blinks out of existence with that, seeing what she wanted to see and I just roar in frustration canceling my magic.

"ALEX!" Rachael shouts at me struggling to direct her magic to follow as I fall letting the winds take me a bit.

I just want to feel the air and give her a slight wave trying to signal I am okay but she cancels her magic trying to chase me. She becomes a bullet to my starfish looking up, managing to catch up a bit. As she reaches me I just pull hard on her cord and her parachute opens letting myself fall faster than her again. She is struggling with what to do and I take a little longer judging the timings before I pull the cord not just escaping by magic and I feel the pull of the parachute around the leg straps. I forgot how uncomfortable that could be... We drift down a bit before finally disappearing with magic, I pick a spot outside the city, our usual clearing and she arrives shortly after.

 

 

FUCK THAT HURTS, she just slapped me with all her might.

"Don't ever do that again, do you know how worried I was?" I hesitate trying to find the words and she pulls me into a hug, I must be looking pretty pathetic. I just accept it, not able to bring my arms around her. It doesn't do much but it feels nice...

Then the wind ruins the moment pulling at the parachutes and knocking us down. I laugh a little, it takes her a little but she laughs too.

 

"I know this might be a bad time, but I am guessing you have never packed a parachute right?" and with that I guide her through the steps...

2