Hellbound [17] – Year 21 – Infernal
67 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I have been hanging out with Rachael a bit, well more that she visits me. Sometimes I take her to see the magical world. The crossings that I deem safe for her. I kind of do it to try and instill fear but it isn't working. I won't risk taking her to a dangerous one which might actually scare her off. Considering how we met maybe that is impossible...

"I'm bored, why can't you show me more magic," Rachael whines.

"It is pretty quiet right now,"

"You said there are countless crossings a day,"

"All over the world and I am not the only one that is actively dealing with them and it isn't exactly simple to find them at times,"

"So you find any rumours and just chase them down?"

"When we can't feel them. Sometimes they are strong, sometimes they are weak. Whatever we can do to find them," I have been expanding my senses with magic, mostly smell when I take a sniff, what is that?

"You got one?"

"That's interesting, sulfur, magic with a bit of fire mixed it, oh shit that's in the forest. I have to go,"

I don't catch her reply, already teleporting. Can't have the forest burning down. I got the position almost exactly and I see a woman. Slightly red skin, very normal style of clothes but they have a flicker about them like the clothes are made of a calm fire spitting out at the edges. An infernal witch. Better play it safe and expand my realm.

She is gone in an instant as my realm reaches her. Shit. Luckily I got a feel for her magic and appear by her again.

"Hey, wait!" I call but she is gone again. It repeats again and again, I am basically hounding her, not letting her rest hoping I can force her to give up or confront me. Ideally peacefully. I finally get a lucky break when one of my teleports is almost directly on her and grab her wrist, it feels hot but doesn't burn me and I force my realm around her to block her teleport.

"This doesn't concern you witch," Is all she manages as she tries to break free with force and then magic. I jump backward releasing her but she can't leave.

"You are not in a mortal form, you need to leave,"

"Yes, yes I know the rules child,"

"Then follow them," She gives me a strange look, and then a massive wall of fire races towards me. I teleport above and then again to another spot after I notice it is safe. She uses the time to break free of my realm and is gone again. This is why witch fights are a pain, if they don't want to fight it can take forever to pin them down.

Teleport.

Teleport.

Teleport.

I just keep matching her, not giving her the time to lock onto where ever she is going but she is starting to get more precise, starting to go through the city slowly enclosing the circle of her teleports. Shoot she got past me again, I can't get a precise target as she is speeding up. I have always been gifted with my teleports but she is exceptional.

It finally ends and we are inside a house. Hopefully no one is home.

"Leave," that's all I manage as I try to push out my realm but this place feels odd. Nothing is happening but she doesn't seem to be able to or maybe she simply doesn't want to. She places something covering a picture. A message?

"I just had to deliver this,"

"Why couldn't you do it as a mortal like you are meant to then?"

"You wouldn't understand. How is your hand, I can heal the burns,"

"It's fine, it didn't burn,"

"Hellbound then..." I don't really want to say it but I give a little nod. She gives a slight smile back, "Don't worry I will leave in a moment I just want to take this all in,"

I don't know why but I don't push her, I guess I can feel she is being honest with me. I don't understand any of it so I just walk carefully to what she placed.

"Don't touch it," I pause. There is a threat in her voice. Fighting here would be a disaster for whoever home it is so I feel it, no magic just some words, and I decide against reading them and then spin around as a key goes in the lock of the front door. Dam it.

"Leave," the infernal witch instructs, I delay and she relents leaving first. She is out of this realm and I see the door opening but before the old man can see me I am gone. Back in my home with Rachael there looking at me exciting.

"How did it go? Was there a big fight? Did the forest burn down?" So many questions Rachael...

"It was ... peaceful, a little odd even but all fine,"

"Boring ..."

"It is about maintaining the mortal realm, not heroics,"

"Yeah but sometimes it can be fun right?"

"And sometimes it can be hell..."

2