Hellbound [20] – Year 33 – Something special
62 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mothers are amazing," No I don't say that while looking at my daughter sleeping in Rachael's arms mere hours after the birth because I want to compliment myself. It is just when I see what she gave birth to, what she carried for nine months, and how much it took a toll on her I feel grateful to my own mother and my beautiful wife.

"You are a mother too now,"

"Yes and while I felt the pain from childbirth from our bond you were the one to actually go through it,"

"Yeah, that was rough trying to focus and mask the magic to lessen the pain,"

"I tried to help but taking it too easy it would have really blown our cover,"

"Hush, I don't blame you for that. I would gladly go through it all again without any magical aid for our daughter and for you,"

"Are we really going through with that name?"

"We don't have to but if we are all that way inclined it is a fitting name and honestly it really does have a charm to it,"

"Lilith Taylor, it is a good name. Little Lily,"

"Lily... whatever happens she will be loved, no matter what she becomes," Honestly we are both terrified. There is nothing about magic manifesting in babies let alone before birth and we have to manage that on top of all the horrors I have heard from other mothers of crying babies and minimal sleep, luckily magic will make changing her much easier.

 

I think back on all the hardships we had and it all seems worth it... even if humanity can be a pain. The first ultra-sound was scary. They suspected a tumor because of how the technology couldn't get a proper reading due to the magic and how hard it was to focus the magic to allow Lily to be scanned. Luckily after that everything went fine. I remember the questions about who the father was and how hard it was to stress we were both biologically woman and she was biologically our daughter. Heck, the midwife actually considered if I was a trans woman while still struggling with my very feminine form. I still can't believe it took showing her my bloody pad to convince her that yes I was a woman and yes I was still being very moody because I was on my period trying to argue that my child was mine.

At least we didn't have to fuss about if we wanted to know if the child was a boy or a girl.

"She is a girl," that line was the response to if we wanted to know and after their surprise, I simply had to explain that with two mothers the chance of a boy was basically non-existent. Seriously why can't people listen when we explain how things are.

Speaking of which, ever tried to explain a two mother conception? Not fun. In the end, we settled on the excuse that due to our wealth we could use experimental techniques from abroad. You can't beat the logic of with enough money anything is possible. We still had to get through all the questions about how much it was, where it was done, if they need to do extra checks and if I could give the contact details for the clinic that did it. Honestly, I spent weeks researching some biology to bluff my way through explaining the basic methods and being able to just say it is too expensive for anyone that generally lives here to do and that there is a lot of confidential stuff. The best part of it all was paying a lawyer to do some paperwork that was basically a shut up and stop asking form.

 

Then there were the real scares. The holy crap we need my mother to help with the magic to keep Lily safe moments was likely the most scared I have ever been. The placenta almost detached, the having to handle the realms that Lily was actively creating within the womb to keeping her healthy. It became almost a full-time job in the last few weeks with someone always channeling their realm to keep Lily from being able to use magic.

 

And you know what? I wouldn't trade it for anything. I can't explain it. All the love I feel. I mean sure I could explain a lot of it from the bond I share with Rachael both of our love for Lily overflowing but there is just something special, magical even with how much a mother can love their child.

 

"Lexi, I think it is your turn to hold her,"

"Sure Rach, I can feel your tiredness, get some rest," I take Lily giving Rachael a quick kiss and let her drift to sleep. Yeah, I am still terrified even with my casting speed being near-instant and how I am actively carrying her in my arms with magic support but I still feel like I will drop her or trip before I finally manage to sit in the chair. The doctors were all "Do you want to hold her?" as if Rachael shouldn't get to monopolise her. No point trying to say that I am linked to my wife so deeply I can already feel her in my owns arms, well her arms as mine. It still gets weird trying to explain that to myself even. It's complicated.

 

"Lily, I don't know what awaits you but I couldn't love you or your mother more," With that said I kiss her forehead. I want to never let go...

3