Hellbound [22] – Year 38 and onwards – Beyond gifted
66 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 38

 

I snap awake, Rachael feels it too and I am instantly in Lily's room. She isn't there. I can't even sense her and then like a dream she is back on her bed sleeping. My mother appears as shocked as I am.

"I felt a hell rift, is everything okay?" I cast sound canceling magic to let Lily sleep in peace.

"I don't know mum, I felt her not be here, I couldn't even sense her. Could she have opened it?"

"You think she traveled to the hells as a mortal?"

"As this point, I don't even know, her magic already rivals a full witch and she is five, at this rate, she will be stronger than both of us combined at ten years old,"

"Shit, something major is happening with her," My mother swearing? Yeah, things are serious.

"She was born from ancient magic right?"

"As far as we know yes but I wonder about that. This research is likely beyond any magic recorded on the mortal plain. I am not even sure what we should do anymore,"

"She is my daughter so I know what I will do, I will shower her with love. I will make sure I am there forever so she never needs to be alone," My mother smiles, yeah I guess I got that from you.

"You really grew up well," She puts a hand on my cheek and her smile deepens, she has a lot of wrinkles now but she is the same as always, full of love.

"I had a good teacher, as a witch, as a mother, and as a person," I can see she wants to have a moment but her face betrays her.

"I will get to work, I have some more contacts across the world now,"

"Don't be gone too long, it is a few weeks till Lily's birthday and you know how much she loves you,"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," She smiles and vanishes. I look back at Lily, she is so beautiful and I can't help sitting down in the rocking chair where we used to hold her till she fell asleep after waking up crying, and then we would just keep holding her not wanting to let go.

 

 


 

Year 45

I teleport to the rift, an invasion seems to be coming, angels of death and the gold burns the air. Rachael is with Lily at home, she would be the strongest person here but she is twelve and doesn't need to see this yet.

I glance around, pretty good turn out, lots of strong magic users and it currently looks like my life bonding is going to make me the strongest but I sense her coming and Lily appears.

"I can fight too!"

"I know but I don't want you to see this,"

She focuses knowing she is by far the strongest person and she realm binds the area and then she gets an odd look in her eye, raises her hand, and closes it into a fist.

Wait, what? I can feel the rift destroyed and not only that every single being feeding it magic from the other side is destroyed with it.

"Lily are you okay?"

"I just felt them and just knew what to do," I kneel down next to her examining her for any injuries, magic-based or otherwise.

"Mum I am fine, I don't even feel the drain of the magic!"

"I know I just worry, there has never been a witch as powerful at your age. We didn't even know it was possible to force close an invasion rift that way before today,"

"Is there something wrong with me?"

"You are special. Now let's go home and tell mama how you managed to close the rift,"

 

 


 

Year 67

"I feel fine,"

"Lily we know, we are just checking,"

"But Gran you do this every month, what does it matter if I haven't aged since I was twenty-one?"

"You have the power to go anywhere you want, any realm, even if the heavens seem to be harmful to you. You have what seems to be eternal youth and you are likely stronger than anything that could come into this realm," My mother is barely managing anymore but she still makes time to check on Lily. Age will beat any witch given enough time, we can't even delay that.

"Mum I don't think it matters anymore, we aren't going to solve it without knowledge from celestial beings,"

"I know Alex but she is my only granddaughter, you made the choice that allowed only one child and you took great risks but she is still the shining star she always was and I have been very lucky to have such a wonderful night sky, it is like..." She has that look in her eye and she vanishes, the air crackles as she does so. Same old mum, when she gets an idea she gets right to it.

 

 


 

Year 92

I can feel it. After all these years I weakly hold onto Rachael's hand. I couldn't have asked for a better life. She smiles at me. She knows it too. We know basically everything about each other from our souls being bound and now we know we are at the limit and the end.

"Whatever is on the other side-" I start.

"- we will face it together," she finishes. I can feel Lily, she is with us and hasn't aged a day in so long I am not sure she ever will again but she has been to the hells and knows she will see us again. As witches, we will have strong magical forms there.

You know after all these years I never thought of how amazing life could be. I remember when I found out I was hellbound a week into my training and it all looked so bleak. I remember when I started dating Rachael and how scared I was, we were. I remember when we had our first time and every single time since. I remember the birth of Lily and all the good times with her and I remember it all from Rachael's life too. I guess I am ready for the other realm, for the hells...

6