Hellbound [24] – Eternity (Bonus chapter)
108 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eternity...

 

If I said what would you do with eternity I am sure you couldn't answer. My mothers couldn't until they found themselves completely in love in the hells as infernal witches.

 

My name is Lilith Taylor but everyone knows me as just Lily and I have an eternity like no other. I was born mortal by magic, I developed into a celestial being becoming unaging at twenty-one. When mum invaded the heavens for my grandfather's soul every being she killed was absorbed by me including a celestial being of the heavens, a god, one of a few.

 

I am bound to the hells by fate but with that god devoured I no longer am hurt by the heavens and can go anywhere I want. I am not sure anything in existence rivals my power anymore. I love my parents and the rest of my family but I can't help feel lonely as I look at the milky way from a place no human will likely ever set foot on, well I am sort of human I guess so maybe that doesn't count. As my mothers use to say a lot, it's complicated.

 

I stopped counting my age, it has been several thousand years at least. I don't even watch humanity anymore, last I checked they had managed to expand to cover their solar system and were attempting to push outwards. My magic power makes them unstable. If I created a magic realm everyone inside it would instantly become a powerful witch or warlock and I can make a realm light-years across as simply as having my heart beat, there is no effort.

 

I guess I am just lost. Mama always said her life was forever changed when mum saved her, when she fell in love, when she became a witch, when I was born, and then finally becoming an infernal witch. It feels like there is no one out there for me. I have met most celestial beings and even a few that developed like me but they never devoured one from the opposite realm. One did have a little invasion in hell however it was mostly peaceful from what he said. He is heavenbound and honestly, I can't say we got along, yeah it's complicated.

 

Sometimes I consider stopping time, just for a moment but I don't really see the point, I already have all the time I could ever need and more. Even when I close my eyes I can still sense everything with my magic if I wanted and I could sense everything in the universe at once. I really don't recommend that, it is like frying your brain when you have a massive hangover and migraine all at once. But sometimes I do just pick a random spot in the universe and just watch but this is still my favourite spot.

 

Yeah, eternity can suck at times. I have been drifting ever since I faked my death on earth, the whole unaging thing meant I needed to get away. Witches get jealous and humans are worse. I still consider the mortal realm my home and that deters almost all invasions. No one wants to pick a fight with someone who can devour them with a thought. It makes it boring at times so I just cast my sight out randomly taking it in. I guess that gets me thinking and for an unknown reason, I remember the city of my childhood, Tonwick. My vision flickers there and I see it, something catching my eye.

 

Someone beautiful just like how mama describes mum. I lock my magic into myself and appear around a corner. Okay, bad move being this blind to everything and I bump straight into her moments later.

 

"Sorry," is all I manage but when I look at her and she looks at me I feel it. That moment that life changes for you, just like mama used to say.

 

And that's when I found my place in eternity ...

7