Old Version – Chapter 50 – They Are Not ‘Others’
277 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“She doesn’t know?” Aura asked quietly as she watched Lena gently cradle Celeste on her lap. Kyrie had bitten her left nipple, but not severed it. She only wanted her to experience the pleasure of pain in Haven.

“She does not. Her anger sent the Kyarhi, those tendrils wrapped around Celeste, through the Great Desert, and she destroyed the temple in that anger. When she found you, she thought it was a dream, and felt sympathy for you. She knew you would rather die then stay there and suffer. In her mind, in her dream, she didn’t know you would come to me, but if it was real, she knew you would.” Kyrie held the girl’s hand and showed her images of the Empress, and her behavior.

“She tied them up.”

“Yes, but do you see the difference between what she’s doing, and what they did?” Kyrie asked her softly.

“They like it.” Aura said. “Why do they like it?”

“They are the Others. Like you. In Haven, this world you are in now, pain is turned into pleasure, and pleasure is pain. Sol, the one with the big boobs, she likes a bit of pain. The Empress knows how to make just enough pain that even a regular human would like it.” Kyrie explained, but Aura shook her head.

“That doesn’t make sense. I didn’t feel pain. It felt good. It felt like your teeth were sharp, but they bit me in the right way.” She frowned. “It’s hard to explain how it felt.”

“That’s the difference between us and humans. We feel pain, but pain is pleasurable, and normal pleasurable sensations now have a bit of pain mixed in. It is so that you never forget either, but enjoy both.” Kyrie said with a grin. It always took more then one bite for her Others to understand. The Empress, however, was unique among her people.

“Yes. That makes sense.” Aura watched as Lena removed Celeste’s robe as she was sat on her lap.

“See those teeth marks? The Empress did that when they had sex. It was Celeste’s first time, but do you see her face? Does she blame the Empress, or is afraid of her?”

“No. She looks happy to sit on her lap. The Empress also looks at her gently, and not like she’s a doll, or a thing.” Two people came into the room. “Who are they?” Aura asked.

“Let’s listen in.”

 

*****

 

“Hebe. Eos.” Both women bowed when Celeste spoke. “I’ll speak for the Empress, as she doesn’t have full control of her body yet.” Lena put Celeste’s robe back in place, then sighed as she moved to sit in the chair beside her.

“We understand.” Eos said. She was the leader of the Death Squad, and Hebe was her second in command.

“There are old temples in the old territory of the Asmarian Empire, and their populations are primarily Asmarian. Along with Solange, and Nadya, you two will travel to the cities that still have a temple. Investigate, and destroy if necessary. If there are faithful still present, indicate that the goddess will welcome a new temple, but if it’s one that is as polluted as the one in the Capital, it can not exist any longer. Take a carriage with the Nightmare horses and go swiftly.” Celeste said in a low tone, but with a smile on her lips.

“We understand.”

“You’ll be given an old codex that has the rules for the temple. They will be under surveillance, and if they fail to keep their Offerings pure, or fail to purge the males from the temples, they will be treated like the Digallan nobles. Enemies of the goddess.” Celeste tilted her head as Eos bowed, but looked unsure.

“Empress?” Eos said.

“What is on your mind?”

“If the temples are destroyed, should we have one built on the edge of the desert? It was the route the Death Squad took, and is important to Asmarian woman warriors.” Lena smiled.

“I think she likes that idea, Eos. Deal with the temples already in existence first. If they are like the temple, send for a squad and raze it to the ground. Each city that has polluted their temple, and made no attempt to fix it after the fall of the Digallan Empire, does not deserve her mercy.” Eos and Hebe bowed.

“We understand.”

“Let any of your sisters, in Asmarian territory, who still worship the goddess and want to do so properly, head to the Great Desert entrance. They will instructed on what to do from there.” Celeste smiled softly at Lena as the Empress tapped her fingers on the table. “Is something wrong, Empress?”

‘No. I feel someone’s eyes upon us. Most likely the goddess is watching. Send them away. I want to know what the goddess wants.’

 

*****

 

“Hello, love.” Kyrie smiled as she appeared in Lena’s bedroom. Aura was beside her as Kyrie held her hand. Lena looked at the girl.

‘I know you.’ Lena didn’t speak as she didn’t have full control of her chest yet. She could still breathe, but it was shallow, and didn’t allow for much volume. Her ability to speak inside the minds of Celeste, or any of the Others still surprised anyone who heard her voice.

“I…” She looked timid, but the Kyarhi came out from her back and moved towards her. Aura looked at them, and to Lena’s surprise, she wasn’t fearful of them. She looked not only calm, but happy to see them.

‘She will care for you.’ Lena said softly as she looked into the girl’s eyes. She used her tendrils and picked her up off her feet. She pulled her closer, looked into her eyes as she was held about the middle, her arms and legs. ‘You have suffered.’ Lena said inside her mind and used one of the Kyarhi to lightly stroke her cheek. A tear rolled down the girl’s cheek, which made Lena use a tendril to catch it, then taste it.

“I’m Aura now.” She said softly. Lena smiled a bit. She lowered her down and pulled her onto her lap.

‘No one is allowed to harm the ones I am fond of.’ Lena smiled wider and held her close. ‘I thought it was a dream.’ She wrapped her boneless arms about her body.

“That dream saved me.” She said. Lena smiled, then looked at Kyrie. Her eyes narrowed.

“Yes, Empress? Say what is on your mind.” Lena pursed her lips.

‘You may not like it.’ Lena whispered to her alone. Kyrie chuckled.

“How could I not like it?” She smiled and licked her lips. “You always have such great ideas, and I have to hold myself back from implementing them too quickly, because I am too eager.” Kyrie let her know that her eagerness was not just for the idea, but for Lena’s thoughts.

‘Very well. Those of Haven are no longer Others. Like they are someone other than someone important.’ Lena growled, while Kyrie tilted her head. She turned on the transmission of her voice so that all throughout Haven could hear her.

“Who are they then?”

‘The Yathanae.’ Lena said the name on her mind. ‘From the Yglathria.’

Kyrie smiled. It fit beautifully. Yathanae is a derivative of Yglathria, the godseed. Even if Lena didn’t understand the significance of this name, Kyrie did. Lena was saying that the Others were now claimed by her.

‘When spoken about as a people, they are the Yathanae. As a single person, they are Yathandren.’ Lena growled. ‘No longer will I accept my people being spoken of as though they are less than anyone else!’

“Sheathe your claws, young one.” Kyrie said with a smile.

‘I am your mate!’ In essence, that is all she needed to say. Kyrie would give her the entirety of Haven, is she so desired it. Lena smiled.

‘They are Yathandren in nature, turning pleasure into pain and pain into pleasure, but all are the Yathanae!’

 

10