Chapter 18: The Man who was Hanged
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ms. Star, how is your day?”

“My day has been great.” Ms. Star cheerily replied, looking at the shortest young girl of the three.

“Good day to you Ms. Star.” The Moon, a man with freakishly paled skin tone, and crispy voice greet with a wave.

“Mr. Hanged Man.” She turned toward the stud, indifferent cloaked figure standing toward the left of Moon, seeing him looking at Sherlock.

“A new member?” The Hanged man spoke, a tone neither hostile nor friendly, but neutral as he cautiously look at Sherlock.

“Judgement.” Sherlock stood up from his seat, hoisting the rifle behind him, showing that he’s not hostile as he call himself “Judgement”.

“Great! We have a new member… Our recent load in Lorena has been getting tough lately, with the church attention shifting to us as of late, it’s getting difficult to finish our task.” Moon comment, joyous as he look at Sherlock.

“Mr. Judgement, what abilities do you have? Do you know what we do?” Ms. Star looked toward Sherlock, sending an apologetic look as she could not refrain Justice from asking sensitive questions.

When Sherlock was going to open his mouth, Ms. Star interject, shifting the topic.

“About that… Little Justice, I’ve heard your recent task has payed off quite abit, how much have you grow from it?”

“Ah! I’ve reached from Low Grade D to Mid-Grade D!”

Sherlock could clearly infer that Justice is quite a young girl, but she’s still powerful for this such young age, clearly, the people in this group is not ordinary… Now he wondered what sort of organization he caught himself into.

“Moon?”

“I’m still missing a few ingredients left… But I’m close to the next level as well.” Moon replied, in a nodding tone.

Meanwhile, Sherlock wondered what this ‘Ingredient’ is about. From the way he saw it, the ingredient can help them level up, or stimulate their growth in some way or another, listening in to the conversation, he gained knowledge about how others level up that he has not been taught before.

“I’ve reached the Upper limit for Grade D… With some luck, I should break through Grade C.” Mr. Hanged Man is the last to speak, drawing in the attention of everyone.

‘Impossible!’ Sherlock composed face shook for a moment, only to be cool down by [Marksman Composure]. This was the first time he completely broke his facade, as the revealed from Mr. Hanged Man was too much in an instant.

Currently, he’s still stuck at the Upper Limit for Low Grade D, meaning that above level 20 is Mid-Grade D… If he has to guess, level 30 is High Grade D, and level 40… is the Upper limit!

His views of Mr. Hanged Man has changed from vigilant to a hint of respect. Slowly, he realized that joining this organization is not a bad idea, as they seem to work together quite frequently. With a powerful backer like Mr. Hanged Man, he don’t have to fear the mysterious Union as much.

Meanwhile, Mr. Hanged Man has noticed his split change in emotion, deducing from his reaction that Sherlock is not above Mid-Grade D, maybe Mid-Grade D or even Low Grade D, as the shock from him indicate that he’s never seen an Upper Limit Grade D before…

Instantly, he narrowed Sherlock level down to an estimate.

“Upper Limit of Grade D?” Ms. Star looked depressed for a moment, then calm the raging storm in her petite heart as she look at Justice and Moon.

Moon was even more shocked than Sherlock to hear that one of his peer has reach the Upper Limit of Grade D, after all, he has yet to reach Level 20!

On the other hand, Justice was cheerfully clapping, filling voids of silence with a round of excitement as she praises Mr. Hanged Man.

Mr. Hanged Man waited a bit for everyone present to digest the news, then turned toward Sherlock, who was standing a bit farther away.

“What about you, Mr. Judgement?”

Sherlock looked embarrassed, as everyone present is more powerful than him, with the except of Moon. But then again, he don’t mind sharing his level since everyone has done it.

“Only Low Grade D.”

“Don’t worry Mr. Judgement, you will grow strong!” Sherlock hears the encouraging Justice, letting out a laughter of empty air as Ms. Star added to his statement.

“Low Grade D Stellar.”

“Stellar? Mr. Judgement is a Stellar too?” Moon, who act uninterested in Sherlock instantly shift direction, now tuning in what he just heard.

“Another Stellar in our group?” Mr. Hanged Man raised his eyes, looking intrigued yet at the same time, envious.

“Oh my… forgive my slipping tongue.” She covered her mouth with her slender pale hand, looking at Sherlock surprised expression.

“Don’t tell me you don’t know that a Stellar can tell if someone else is a Stellar?” Ms. Star clearly knew his question as she answered.

Only now did Sherlock understood. Stellar is not common, just as Luke mostly noticed he’s a Stellar, seeing him as an unpolished gem and decided to reel him in the hope of nurturing him to become stronger.

Clearly, Luke left suddenly because he didn’t have time to stay for long, or someone was chasing after him, but still left him with an invitation.

Sherlock felt more clearheaded, knowing a small confusion in his mind clearing up.

0