Chapter 2. Awakening.
43 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the group walks carefree the sun started to set, dyeing all the forest in a warm red light.

 

Shortly the group found a great old tree to make a camp out if it, Louie started to cut the vegetables and meat for dinner, Gabriel started to build the camping tent and Rah went to search some firewood.

As the atmosphere comes familiar, Gabriel and Louie started an a Idly chat

"So…have you seen a Goblin before?"Gabriel asked.

"No that I remember, but I have heard stories from some adventurers...disgusting stories though" replied Louie

"Well at least we are not going to felt remorse when we slaughter those filthy monsters"

"Amen"

Suddenly an ears piercing shriek make Gabriel and Louie stand on point, it was Rah who shouted.

Both of them started running where the scream come from, after searching for some seconds they found a kneeled down Rah praying with fear in her eyes, as for her reaction, it was small compared to the scene they witness, hundreds and hundreds of dead soldiers from different races scattered as far as the eye can see, different from adventures mercenaries are hired by counts, nobles or whoever had the money, generally speaking they are hired to kill another person while the adventurers were hired to kill monsters, so most of the adventurers are not used to see dead humanoids bodies.

The small group horrified by the scene stayed in silence. No sound was made by them nor do the monsters, only the breeze joyfully run around.

After some minutes that felt like an eternity, Gabriel straight up and claimed.

"Is not pretty to look, a...and even thought It left a bad taste" after some silence Gabriel continued

"They are dead but we can’t bury them all, we don’t have the time or the means to, so let’s get back to the camp and tomorrow we let the guild know"

Rah and Louie silently nodded.

The group silently and slowly got back to the great old tree, a tree so wide that some believers think it is blessed by the god of the forests, as they finished the camp and eaten dinner no creak was ever heard from their mouth until a whisper was said.

"I...I can’t leave them like that"

said Rah

Gabriel with no emotions in his voice proclaimed

 

"There is no use, they are dead"

"Bu...but....I’m a priestess at least let me pray for them" Rah cried out looking Gabriel with puppy eyes.

"Alright, is your job as a Priest after all but come back before night" said Gabriel with a sight and a faint smile.

Nodding, Rah started walking in the direction of the dead bodies but in the last second she regrets it and walked around the old great tree without Gabriel nor Louie noticing.

"Oh old great tree please give me strength to pray for the souls of the damned who have fallen in your grounds, ah eh?"

Her words got caught from escaping her mouth as a hopeless pair of red yellowish eyes stared at her, without saying a word a Berserk of a man still stapled to the tree thanks to the arrows and the spear, slowly ask

"Where am I?"

0