Chapter 11: The First Tutorial: Death
43 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as the loud yells reached the ears of Aurus, he tensed up and sprinted out of the hut, soon followed by the startled Graves and Gracey.

When Aurus looked around the corner of the building, he quickly saw the situation.

Grunk was stumbling around a few meters away from him. His pants were half down causing him to have difficulties keeping upright while a figure was on top of his back, holding on to him.

When, a moment later, Grunk turned around amidst the struggle of trying to get the figure off of his back, the situation became clearer since he was now facing Aurus.

The figure on Grunk's back was a human. Her hood had fallen off amidst the struggle revealing the face of a fifteen-year-old girl. She had hair that was cut extremely short but that wasn't the most obvious thing about her right now.

The most obvious thing was the knife she was holding with both of her hands, she was holding the knife tightly and pulling it as hard as she could, trying to get it to pierce Grunk's throat.

Grunk had one of his hands on the knife's blade, even though it cut into his hand, it heavily decreased the risk of his throat being slit. Thankfully his strength was quite a bit higher so it seemed that he would be able to keep the blade back a bit longer.

With his second hand, he was trying to reach behind him and pull the girl off, the lack of hair helped her greatly as he couldn't get a good grip anywhere and whenever he did for a moment, the girl would momentarily increase her strength forcing him to bring this hand back to the knife threatening to pierce his throat.

While standing, Grunk looked like he could hold on for a while longer but the problem was his stance, in the few seconds Aurus had been able to see them, he had already nearly fallen over twice because of his partially pulled-down pants.

If he fell forwards, he would be doomed, if he fell backward, he had a chance of being doomed, it was not a good position for him to be in.

As soon as he took in Grunk's bad situation, Aurus sprinted forwards with his knife in hand, not unnoticed by Grunk and the girl.

The face of the girl, who had already been under an intense amount of stress because of the current situation, turned slightly fearful when she noticed there were three other people here, one of them holding a knife that didn't look any less threatening than her own.

She once more used all the strength she could muster to try and get her knife to pierce Grunk's throat but even though Grunk was forced to use his second hand again to help hold back the knife, he didn't falter.

Instead, since he noticed Aurus coming, he put in his best effort and successfully turned around making it so that his back was turned to Aurus, giving him a clear shot of the girl.

Aurus was only a few meters away from the girl now, a few seconds away from being able to stab her in the back. When she looked back and saw this, her expression grew even more panicked.

"Argh, FUCK IT!" she exclaimed, one of her hands let go of the knife dislodging her from Grunk's back, while she used her legs to push off of it as hard as possible, sending herself tumbling straight towards Aurus.

Neither of them had their weapons ready, Aurus hadn't expected her to make such a crazy move so his knife was still lowered, as for the girl, she was heading for him back first, making it impossible for her to attack.

BLAM

The back of the girl's head crashed straight onto Aurus's nose, breaking it. The force also knocked the wind out of him and caused him to drop his knife as he rolled a few meters back alongside the girl who was able to retain her weapon.

With the girl having kicked off of him, Grunk fell to a knee as he quickly looked at his right hand, the one he had been using to keep the knife back. It was all kinds of mangled as the knife had been coming in and out regularly, moving during the struggle as well.

His throat also had a long line coming from the left to the right of it. It came from the girl's initial sneak attack, if she had put more strength behind it, he would've died.

Once he affirmed he could still breathe, he quickly glanced around to find the spear he had dropped initially, he found it near the edge of the wooden platform, a dozen meters away from where they were standing now and it was close to rolling off entirely. He sprinted towards it, causing the distance between himself, and Aurus to lengthen.

Aurus and the unknown girl got up at nearly the same time, even though she was nimbler. She glanced towards Graves and Gracey but quickly noticed they were still a few seconds away. With Grunk also rushing for his spear that meant she should have time to kill Aurus considering he didn't have a weapon.

Aurus managed to quickly get his wand out of his pocket but it wasn't much more than a piece of nearly-broken wood to him currently. Before he could even properly take in the situation of the other people of the scouting party, the girl had managed to take out a second knife from the belt he only just now realized she had, and with two knives and a lack of time, she lunged for him.

Despite the intense pressure, Aurus still found himself relatively calm of mind, he was able to focus on the situation at hand without too much trouble.

Dodging the attack from the lunging girl entirely wasn't feasible. She was too agile for that, so instead of backing off, he moved forward as well, With his wand in his left hand, he jumped forward as well, towards the knife on his right side.

As soon as he did he cursed himself for being an idiot but now there was nothing he could do but commit. He stretched his left arm with the wand out as much as possible while aiming for the girl's throat while the knife in her left hand headed for his chest.

BANG

CRASH

Before he realized it, Aurus was on the ground. Looking down he saw a knife inside of his chest and blood gushing out, "Oh God." he said quietly as only now he began panicking. He looked to the left and found the girl he fought lying there. When he aimed for her throat he missed. He could see a broken stick was stabbed through her eye entirely, she wasn't moving anymore.

2