Chapter 6: The First Tutorial: Status
189 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: I noticed chapter 6 was missing (whoopsie) so here it is!

 

When Aurus moved through the door he fell unconscious, the last thing he saw was a game screen. “Player ‘Aurus’ has selected path 1, selection of tutorial 1 has been completed. Transporting now.”

*Gasp*

When Aurus came to, he immediately shot up, gasping for air. He then bent to the side and puked up some water, he was drenched and tired.

He got up with his sore muscles before taking a look around. He was on a beach and in front of him was a large forest. Looking to the left and right of him, Aurus noticed dozens of other players waking up, some were still squirming on the ground, not wanting to get up yet as they felt weak and tired.

“The hell is up with the realism!” Aurus exclaimed as he got onto his feet properly. He checked his pockets and found them full, even though his rope was drenched, the objects he took with were still dry, the crystal orb had fallen onto the ground when he was lying down but didn’t seem like it had taken any damage, when the bit of dizziness he felt subsided, a bunch of game screens appeared one after another in front of his face.

| Welcome player ‘Aurus’, you have arrived at tutorial zone 194 instance 4. This instance has been decided based on your previous choices to give you the best chance at finding a class right for you!|

| Alert: The current location has a time dilation of 1:28. One hour in real life will transfer into twenty-eight hours within the game. |

“Time dilation? What?” Aurus questioned as he saw the notification, unsure if it was for real or not. If it was it would mean that when the game time finished at eight in the morning, two weeks would have passed here. It would only take two game sessions to get through the first one-month-long tutorial.

After deciding to just wait and see if the game was serious about this thing or if it was something else, Aurus looked at the next screen.

| Welcome player ‘Aurus’ to the game! Please try saying the command ‘Quests’ to receive your first quest! |

“Well, that’s basic enough I suppose. Quests!” Aurus said before being surprised by a large translucent screen appearing before him. It had a long list that was nearly completely empty, there were only two symbols near the top he could click, when he did, the quest information appeared on the right side.

 

| Quest: Get familiar! 

Description: Try using the commands ‘Status’ and ‘Skills’

Reward: our appreciation. |

Before checking out the second quest, Aurus to have a look at his status. It appeared he didn’t have to say the command out loud, as soon as he thought so, a new screen appeared before him.

 

Name: Aurus (Human)

Class: Unspecified

Affiliated group: None

Title: None

Job: None

Level: 0

HP: 25/50

Physical Attack Power: 5

Magical Attack Power: 0

Defense: 1

Attack Speed: N/A

Movement Speed: 5

Attributes: Strength 5, Agility 5, Endurance 5, Intelligence 10, Charm 2, Dexterity 8

Unused Attribute Points: 0

Unused Talent Points: 0

Weapon Mastery: (Click To Expand)

Talents: (Click To Expand)

Equipment: 

[ Shabby Cloth Robe ] (Trash) Unidentified

[ Cracked Wand ] (Broken Trash) Unidentified

[ Cracked Crystal Ball ] (Broken Trash) Unidentified

[ Sharp Knife ] ( Super Common) Unidentified

Items:

[ Cracked White Crystal ] ( Broken Trash)

[ ??? Pen ] (Trash) Unidentified

[ Three Paintings ] (Uncommon) (Click To Expand)

[ Ten servings of black bread ] (Trash)

[ Five servings of thinned milk ] (Trash)

[ Five servings of clean water ] (Super Common)

 

“Damn! Okay then.”

Overwhelmed by the massive amounts of text, Aurus decided to just focus on the important bits. His physical stats such as Strength, agility, and endurance reached 5 while intelligence, most likely a magical skill reached 10. As for dexterity, since most mages would do some sort of lifestyle class a high amount of dexterity would be required, he assumed that this one would probably be extremely low for those who picked the warrior head class. The only shame was the charm stat, with a low number of 2 planted on it. He wasn’t sure if this was just because of his head class or if his looks had been judged causing him to have a short period of self-consciousness.

“Whatever, what use does charm even have.” he eventually said before deciding to do the second part of the quest and calling up the ‘skills tab.

He expected to be hit by a list similar to the one under ‘stats’ but was surprised only to find a few lines

 

Skills:

[ Basic casting ] (Trash)

 

“Huh? Where’s the rest?” Aurus wondered for a moment before realizing he probably had to actually do some stuff in order to get skills. He was given the basic casting skill which was the basis of a mage’s power, the other classes probably didn’t get anything better.

| Quest ‘Get Familiar!’ finished! Reward: ‘Our Appreciation; has been given.

Our appreciation: A one-month buff allowing you to learn skills with more ease. Can only be gained during the tutorial. |

Aurus was extremely surprised when he noticed a new ‘Buffs’ section appear on the bottom of his status, holding the buff he had just gained.

He had to admit, it was a decent little joke the devs put into the beginning of the game.

During the time that he spent reading his status, most of the people on the beach had woken up and some had started to gather to his left. It seemed that there were about a hundred people here in total. Around seventy warriors could be recognized by their extremely cracked and nearly broken heavy wooden armor and thirty mages recognizable by their shabby robes.

Another surprising discovery was to see that over half of the people here didn’t have a single item on them. It seemed they thought they just made their choices going through the doors and they didn’t think about taking the items on the pedestals. As for those that did take items, they were mostly limited. He couldn’t really tell for the mages since they had pockets on the insides of their robes but as for the warriors, those that had something generally only had a sword or a spear as well as a helmet or leather boots over the others. There was some variety but Aurus only noticed two warriors who had multiple weapons on them. One had a sword and a spear while another one looked quite extremely decked out. It was a rather large woman that wore a worn belt on her hips. This belt held an axe and a cloth bag with something inside, she had a spear in hand and both an iron helmet and leather boots on. It looked like she did a similar thing as Aurus and took whatever she could while moving through the rooms.

Noticing how many people didn’t have anything, Aurus carefully took the crystal ball out of his hood and into his hand and made sure other people couldn’t see all that he had in his pockets. If only some had items currently, it may be best to hide what all he had and pretend he just had the crystal ball, nothing more. If people saw he had a wand as well, they may ask him to hand it over and the unlucky would probably support each other.

Even though some were already gathering, most were still getting up, complaining on the forums, or checking their status and so Aurus decided to check his second quest before anything.

| Quest: Those Damn Lizards!

Description: Contribute to taking out the lizardmen village on the other side of the island.

Reward: Depends on contribution and matter of contribution. |

 

(Don't forget to continue onto 7)

2