Prologue (His Bitter Past) – 1. The Beginning
2.9k 1 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1. Prologue (His Past) - 1. The Beginning

Angel and King Renart walked down the cave carefully. The cave condition was dark and rocky, the musty and earthy smell pierced their noses, the ground they stepped on was covered in thick moss. The cave walls were rough with some sharp rocks protruding that were ready to tear their bodies, so they have to be careful in finding their grip. Angel forced himself to keep moving forward with a trembling body in fear as he kept his footing so that he didn't slip.

"Stay close to me. Remember a man shouldn't be afraid," said King Renart in a low voice as he held his son's hand tightly. While his other hand gripped his sword. King Renart never thought his decision to take this quick trip would bring disaster for both of them.

Angel nodded. He understood, it was hard for them to survive but he tried to stay strong. As he continued to follow his father, he could feel his father's blood begin to wet his hand. Angel knew his father was seriously injured, while their enemy was still chasing them.

As they searched for a safe hiding place, suddenly, a flash of shadow attacked them. King Renart released Angel's hand and raised his sword, trying to restrain that shadow with it. But his wounds were so severe, in an instant he was thrown away.

- Brak! 

King Renart's back smashed against the rough and sharp cave wall. The extreme pain bit his body, he wasn't sure he could survive, but no matter what happens, he had to protect Angel. He had failed to protect his wife, so he didn't want to lose his son.

"Nggg!" grunted King Renart in pain and tried to get up, but his body felt so heavy.

Seeing his dying father, Angel ran towards King Renart as fast as he could.

"Father !!" he screamed. Fear, sadness and anger because he was only a burden for his father took over his heart. But, the shadow blocked him and threw his small body into the cave wall. 

- Brak! 

Another crashing sound with a scream of pain echoed through the cave. Angel fell, he felt dizzy as a sharp pain spread from his back all over his body.

The shadow walked slowly toward Angel. At the same time, his father struggled desperately to get up and ran towards Angel, blocking the shadow to approach him.

"Angel! Get out of here!" shouted King Renart as he breathed heavily enduring the pain all over his body. He was not sure he could win this, but at least he wanted his son to survive. 

When Angel lifted his head, he could see almost all of his father's white uniforms had been soaked in blood. He tried to get up, but he fell again. An excruciating pain stabbed his legs, he couldn't even move it.

The shadow grinned since he was able to predict his victory. Without wasting time, he stormed at them, King Renart tried to block him with his sword. But in vain ...

"Get lost!" the shadow shouted as he threw King Renart once again.

"Fatherrr !!!" screamed Angel, tears began to roll down his face. He struggled to stand up but he kept falling down, so he gritted his teeth, swallowed his pain and started to crawl. 

The shadow approached King Renart, strangling his neck and lifting his body until his feet didn't touch the ground. King Renart struggled to release himself, his broken groan of pain echoed through the cave.

"Seven years--- I have waited for this moment for seven years... Now you have to pay the price!" said the shadow with a hoarse voice.

While Angel's eyes widened in shock at the terrifying scene before him. His tears grew more and more. 

"Please ... No... Please... Let him go ..." he begged in a trembling voice. 

-Kkraakk --- Kkraakk --- Kkraakk!

Soon, cracking sounds could be heard. His father stopped moving, his body hung limply and his sword fell to the ground.

Angel was silent. He wanted to scream but his voice couldn't come out of his mouth.

The shadow threw King Renart's body. And Angel crawled closer to him desperately. 

"Fatherrr !! Father!! Wake up !!! Please !!! Don't leave me alone !!!" he screamed. Angel shook his father, trying to wake him up, but there was no response. He cried out loud as he hugged his father's lifeless body with a face full of tears.

But only briefly, he realized the shadow came to approach him, Angel crawled backwards, trying to avoid that shadow until his back hit the cave wall, cornering him. He knew, now it was his turn to die. 

The shadow was getting closer, he could see the shadow red eyes glow in the dark. Then, in one movement, the shadow pushed Angel to the ground.

Angel tried to resist but in vain. His body trembled violently, while the shadow stroked his golden yellow hair.

"Don't be afraid, I will let you live. Because you are the key to revive my master," the shadow whispered in a hoarse voice.

The shadow extended his hand, a dark aura coming out of his hand formed a dark crystal. As he brought the crystal closer to Angel's chest, the crystal slowly returned to a dark aura and entered Angel's body.

Angel screamed uncontrollably, extreme pain struck his whole body. His chest felt tight, his head felt like being pierced with thousands of needles. And before he lost consciousness, the shadow whispered again.

"Be a good boy, Angelus Raizel Reinheart ..." he said with an evil grin.

46