Prologue (His Bitter Past) – 2. Asteria’s Demon Prince
2.3k 5 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1. Prologue (His Past) - 2. Asteria's Demon Prince

Angel woke up with his sweat running down on his face and breathing heavily.
"I dreamed that incident again ..." he whispered. Now, he was seventeen years old, that incident had passed ten years ago but it was still clear in his memory.

He took a deep breath and tried to calm himself as his eyes stared at his room which was dominated by dull colour with a few of furnitures there. A room that did not match his status as the second prince of Asteria since it was more suitable as an intermediate soldier room than a royal family room.

After feeling calmer, he got up from his bed, walked to the bathroom and washed his face. After several splashes of water, he dried his face with a towel and paused a moment as he looked at his dark blue hair in the mirror.
'Since that incident, my hair colour changed. No one can explain what happened to me and all investigations about the mysterious shadow figure were also fruitless. '

He remembered, after the mysterious shadow put the strange crystal into his body, he was passed out for days. Once he opened his eyes, he was already in his room and strangely he didn't feel any pain at all. At that time, his uncle who was standing by his bed looked at him with fear and anger. And when he asked what had happened to him and how his father was doing, his uncle snapped.
'My brother died because of you! All because of you! ' He remembered how sad, shocked, and confused he was because his uncle had never yelled or mad at him before. He had told about the strange crystal in his body, but no one believed him and said that he was lying. After that, his life changed drastically, his family doubted his identity. They locked him up because they thought he was crazy since he kept telling them about the strange crystal, he even was almost banished from the castle. But somehow ,his uncle let him stay, on one condition, he couldn't stay at his original room in the royal family corridor but had to move to the back corridor near the barrack. That was the room he was in right now.

A long breath escaped his mouth, his feelings mixed within him as he moved his legs out of the bathroom. But just as he took a few steps, the knocking sounds came accompanied by a faint voice from outside.
"Your Highness, the king is calling you to the main hall."

"I'll be there soon," he answered.

Angel took his uniform from his wardrobe beside his bed and put on his white royal military uniform. A gold badge with the lion's head crest of Asteria was embedded on his collar, black long boots and white gloves. His beloved sword, Loyalty was also tucked into his black belt. Loyalty was the sword that his father gave him on his seventh birthday and was the only item he could take from his original room.

He let his hair half messy with bangs that formed a comma on one side, showing his sharp brown eyes and cold face before he left his room and walked down the luxurious ivory corridor to the Golden Light Castle main hall.

Yes, a castle not a palace since Andromeda Continent wasn't an easy place to live. Therefore every royal family lived in a sturdy castle in the capital to protect their family, while the king himself acted as the kingdom protector. Thus who deserved to be the king was the strongest person in the family. That's why after his father died, it was his uncle who took the throne.

A few minutes later, a tall ivory door with a gold lion's head crest began to enter his sight. When he was almost at the front of the room, he could hear someone calling his name.
"Angel, good morning!"

He stopped and turned to the origin of the voice.
"Good morning, Ophelia. Did uncle also call you?"

A sweet-faced girl approached him followed by her two knights.

Ophelia Lunet Reinheart was Angel's cousin who was one year younger than him. Her brown eyes looked at him softly. Her long, wavy golden hair hung down beautifully, a royal white dress with some flower ornaments adorned the waistline complimented her sweet and beautiful appearance.

"No, I'm waiting for my brother since we'll have breakfast together. Do you want to join us?" she said with a sweet smile.

Before he could reply, the main hall's door opened and a proud-faced man came out of there.
"Ophelia, didn't I say I don't like an uninvited guest?"

Angel turned his gaze to that man.
"Don't worry, Ilex, I'm not interested in having breakfast with you either," he said casually.

Ilex Ferris Reinheart was Angel's cousin who was one year older than him, he was Ophelia's older brother. He had brown eyes, golden yellow hair that was neatly combed back and wore the same uniform as Angel. His beloved sword, Pride, tucked on his belt.

Ophelia's expression turned sour, displeased with Ilex's words.
"Brother! How could you call Angel an uninvited guest?" she protested.

Ilex smirked.
"Of course he is, even his authenticity as a Reinheart is still questionable." Then he shifted his gaze towards Angel.
"Am I right, illegitimate child?" he said in a condescending tone.

Angel returned Ilex's gaze with another sharp stare.
"Illegitimate child? How can be you so sure there's no Reinheart's blood in my veins?" Since that incident, he had become the only Reinheart's descendant who had dark hair.

Ilex laughed sarcastically and approached him. His eyes looked at Angel in disdain.
"Angel, are you still dreaming? Should I remind you? You are nothing more than a war puppet! So, know your place!" Then Ilex brushed past him.

Angel sighed as he swallowed his anger. He knew that all along, even though he was a prince, he had been treated as a war puppet. His uncle didn't hesitate to send him to the front lines. Sometimes he was given a mission that didn't make sense without any help. But somehow, though there was a bitter feeling in his heart, he still did it because he wanted to protect his kingdom just like his father protected him. He hoped it would lessen his guilt at his father's death, but sadly it didn't...

His family treatment and his past trauma had turned him into a cold person. So, instead of caring about what others said, he focused on practicing his swordsmanship so that he could fulfil his duty as a prince of Asteria well. Now, because of his dark hair, his cold attitude and his reputation as Asteria's best swordsman he was known as Asteria's Demon Prince.

Ophelia approached him and looked at him worriedly.
"I hope you didn't take my brother's words seriously. I'm sure he didn't mean it."

Ilex's steps stopped and turned his gaze towards Ophelia.
"Ophelia, what are you doing?" he said impatiently.

Angel glanced towards Ilex who glared at him as if threatened him to stay away from Ophelia.
"Don't worry, I'm used to this." He turned around.
"Ilex is waiting for you, don't make him wait any longer." Then he entered the main hall.

Note : All Sword description and characters pics are in Glossary

36