Second Arc (His Art of War) – 128. Heart Family’s Healing Skill
672 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Second Arc (His Art of War) - 128. Heart Family's Healing Skill

Rose immediately walked over to the dying man and put the bag on the side of the bed, as did Angel. Her hands quickly unpacked the bags and took the bottles from there. As she took it out and examined it, she realized something important.

'These are high-quality medicines.' Besides that, on the label which was neatly affixed, the information when the medicine was made and when its expired date as if it came from a high noble or royal's storage. The problem was, Rose knew that there weren't any nobles living around here, so she was quite confused about how Angel had gotten it so quickly. Besides, these medicines were quite expensive for a commoner and he could take them in large quantities like this.

"Is something wrong, Your Highness?" Angel was aware of Rose's suspicions, but he had prepared an excuse for this. Including the reason why he was able to return sooner.

"Nothing. I will ask you later." Rose decided to postpone it because the most important thing was to treat the patient.

Her hand quickly took a clean cloth and poured the anaesthetic solution there before applying it around the wound and waiting a few moments for the drug to be absorbed by the skin (this is how anaesthesia in Andromeda is done). After that, with equipment that has been sterilized with alcohol, she performed emergency surgery on the man since she realized he had several broken bones inside him.

Thinking Rose was trying to kill his father, the boy screamed and cried. He held Rose's hand, trying to stop her.

"Your Highness, please don't kill my father! Please don't kill my father!" he begged.

"Calm down, I'm just treating him," said Rose. But it was useless because the boy had just experienced bad trauma after seeing the rebels tortured his father.

Angel hit the boy on the back of the neck and caught the boy's fallen body.

Rose gasped in shock.

"Rai! What are you doing ?!" she said in displeasure. She was quite shocked, though his blow didn't make any sound yet the boy suddenly fainted.

"I didn't hit him that hard. He will be fine," replied Angel casually. In fact, rather than 'hitting', he used his dark aura to knock the boy out for a while. The boy's body was too small, so he decided to find another way to knock the boy out without hurting him.

Rose watched the boy for a moment to make sure he was all right.

"Fine," she said as she returned her gaze to the patient in front of her.

Angel covered the boy with another blanket and placed him in a nearby chair. After that, his gaze turned to Rose. He noticed how she worked hard to treat the man even though it was someone she didn't know. Somehow seeing her like this made him grateful to let Rose come with him to this village even though it made his mission more difficult.

"Rai, can you help me hold it?" said Rose without taking her eyes off from his patient. Her hands pressed around the wounds.

"Yes, Your Highness." Angel walked over to her and stood on the other side.

Angel was about to put his hands on that person but Rose stopped him.

"Wait. Take off your gloves and clean your hands." Her hand kept pressing on the man's wound.

Angel did what she asked. After his hands were clean, he returned his gaze to her.

"Where should I press it?" he asked.

Without saying anything, Rose took Angel's hands to replace hers. She quickly noticed the scars on Angel's hands but didn't say anything about it.

"Stay still," said Rose. Then she put her hand over the wound and started using her secret Healing skill. She knew this was forbidden, moreover, she used it in front of one of her enemy troops. But she needed someone to press down on the man's wounds to keep the bones in their proper place.

Her hand glowed in red and slowly the broken bones began to reconnect. Angel's eyes widened in shock and amazement.

'Healing skill? I thought it was only a myth. ' No one ever mentioned the Heart Family had this power.

Angel just opened his mouth to ask this, but Rose interrupted him.

"Please don't tell anyone about this." Her eyes looked at the wound filled with concentration.

"Including your king ..." she added.

"Is there anyone else who knows about this besides His Majesty, King Eudon?" asked Angel. He quickly caught the main reason why King Eudon was not willing to give Rose to him, even though their marriage would bring high benefits to Zephyrus and Euphorion. Because Rose had this ability, coupled with her family secret poison. If they could be together, with his abilities in battle and leadership plus Rose's abilities medical and poison, Euphorion would become the most terrifying kingdom in the Andromeda Continent, no one could beat Euphorion anymore.

"No one else knows about it... I know my request is impossible. But I hope you can keep this secret," said Rose in a pleading tone.

Angel smirked.

"What if I don't want to do it?"

Rose glanced at him with displeasure.

"If you ----" She bit down her lip in hesitation to convey her threat. He had already saved her and cooperated with her to save this village, but she couldn't let this secret out anyway.

"I will report to your king that you have tried to rape me," she said, her face flushed in embarrassment.

"I'm sure your king will not hesitate to give you a death sentence," she threatened, though it was just a bluff because it would also affect her reputation as the princess of Zephyrus.

Angel tried to hold back his laughter since it was clear that the report would also destroy her reputation.

"Fine, but I can't give my promise. If His Majesty suspects it, I can only tell him the truth."

"You can lie to him," she insisted.

A slight chuckle left his mouth since he couldn't hold it in anymore.

"So you want me to betray my king?"

"I didn't ask you to betray him. I just asked you to keep this secret from him and everyone."

"Since you asked me to hold my tongue. You should have given me something in return," he teased. Right now, he was not the king of Euphorion, but just an ordinary soldier so he decided to tease her.

"How many coins do you want?" said Rose without further ado.

"I don't need coins. My salary is more than enough."

Rose paused and thought. Then her gaze shifted to the scars on his hands.

"How about I paid it by treating the scars on your hands?"

Angel's eyes shifted on the scars on his hands.

"There's no need."

"Why?" asked Rose in confusion.

"The scars are signs of my struggle as well as a reminder to be careful. I'm afraid ... If these scars are gone, I will forget my bitter past and do stupid things that could destroy myself and the people around me." Despite his words, he said it calmly.

'Does his past really that bad?' thought Rose.

"Just forget what I said earlier. I'll try my best to cover it up," said Angel as he decided to end his game.

15