Second Arc (His Art of War) – 150. Rematch III
1k 13 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Second Arc (His Art of War) - 150. Rematch III

Artheur, who had been struggling with all his might stopped before chuckling and giving Angel a sharp glare. Over time his chuckle turned into mocking laughter. There was a sense of dissatisfaction in his heart and disappointment with himself.

Meanwhile, even though Angel knew Artheur was mocking him, he remained calm. His expression remained cold.

Artheur's laughter faded.
"I see ... You're trying to have a good relationship with me because you want to play with me, right?! You want to disgrace me, right ?!" he said in an escalating tone over his frustration.

"I think you misunderstand me," said Angel, trying to calm him down.

"Misunderstand you?" Another short chuckle came out of Artheur's mouth.
"Is it too obvious for that?" said Artheur in displeasure. He took a short deep breath and exhaled before speaking again in a calmer tone.
"You just want to show how strong you are and how far our strengths difference is. You just want to step on me." Artheur couldn't deny that their difference was too big for two people who had similar backgrounds, even though he knew, Angel did not use his power to fight him. Perhaps, Artheur would have achieved the same result if he had challenged Angel five years ago.

Angel remained silent. His eyes stared at Artheur for a moment, trying to find the right words since he could understand Artheur's disappointment. But he didn't expect Artheur to be this bad at controlling his emotions. At the very least, if Artheur could control his emotions better, his defeat wouldn't be this bad.
"I thought we were similar, Prince Artheur. But I was wrong," he said as he could get his voice out.

His words made Artheur's frustration and irritation grow, but he had no other choice but to swallow them.
"Indeed. Isn't that what you wanted to show me? That I'm a pathetic loser? That I'm powerless compared to you?" he said in disappointment, but that disappointment was for himself.

"I'm not talking about power or our strength. But for a crown prince, you can't manage your emotion well. That's really disappointing," said Angel straight to the point.

Artheur couldn't cover up his surprise since he didn't expect Angel to point out about it.
"Wha ---"

But Angel interrupted him.
"If you keep acting like a hothead, you won't be able to rule your kingdom well. But destroy it," he warned. This was the second time that Artheur refused to fulfil their deal just because he did not want to admit his defeat. This could have taken it at dire consequences someday, Artheur could be considered incapable of fulfilling his own words. As a royal family, even if defeat was a bitter pill, as long as it was a fair battle, he had to admit it.

"What do you know about me ?! Nothing!" retorted Artheur in the same displeasure.

Angel smirked.
"You're right. I don't know anything about you other than your glorious achievement. That's why I thought we were the same. The difference is, I have stains that I can't erase for the rest of my life. While you are still clean." Then his smirk disappeared.
"That's why I hope you can think more clearly so you don't have to get the same stain as me."

After listening to Angel's words, Artheur fell silent. He knew what Angel meant because Angel had betrayed his own homeland. So what Angel pointed to Artheur was, that Artheur should be aware of his actions that could bring Draconis and his family at disadvantage. Indeed, he admitted he was burning with anger and not even thinking about it before. What he thought about was his pride as a man and a crown prince, his desire to win from someone who had taken the kingdom and the woman he loves, without thinking about the consequences.

Seeing Artheur calmer, Angel spoke again.
"I just hope we can strengthen our kingdom relationship. Isn't making someone a friend better than an enemy?"

Still, Artheur stared at Angel in disbelief.
"After what you did, you want me to think of you as my friend?" A bitter smile appeared on his lips as a breath escaped his mouth.
"I don't think I can do it."

"Neither I," replied Angel lightly. His expression remained unchanged, showing his seriousness.

The smile on Artheur's lips disappeared as he looked at Angel in displeasure.

"But, I have to do it for Draconis and Euphorion," continued Angel.
"I don't like the war. I don't like to see my soldier nor other innocent people's blood because of my orders. But as you know, I have no choice. Draconis has pointed its sword to my kingdom, I can't just sit down and do nothing. " Of course he meant King Esteve's letter to King Gervis. Angel paused as he gave Artheur a serious gaze. While Artheur could only be silent since he did not expect those words to come out of a king who had just conquered three other kingdoms.

"I know this sounds ridiculous. But I hope you want to fix Draconis and Euphorion's relationship with me," said Angel again.

After a short pause, Artheur finally answered.
"I can't give you my promise. But I'll try." Although Artheur hated to admit it, what Angel said was right.

"Good." Angel stretched out his hand and his dark aura that was binding Artheur returned to him. After he stood up, Angel extended his hand to Artheur to help him up.

Artheur looked at Angel's hand before looking at him.
"What's that for?" he asked.

"Just a formality," said Angel lightly.

Another short chuckle came out of Artheur's mouth.
"What an annoying formality." But despite his words, Artheur took his hand and stood up. He knew it was a sign of agreement that they had reconciled.

Meanwhile, seeing this, King Esteve and Queen Thea let out a sigh of relief since what they were worried about did not happen.
"He's indeed a smooth negotiator," Queen Thea's voice broke the silence between them.

"I won't deny that," said King Esteve. His hand took his teacup and he took another sip to calm himself.

She turned to King Esteve.
"Is that what made you take the side to him?"

King Esteve put his teacup to the table.
"No. I take a side to him because I have no other choice."


Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Patreon-members:
Loki388, Russell Orr, Filip Krul, Daniel, Jaskulski, Fjiordor, TAHA, Matthew, Juan Perez, Jeffrey Iverson, Mike Steger, deskent, Donovan Longnecker, Johnny Ly, Nelodyn, Christina Dammyr, Erox, DemoniicGhost, Viviane Miranda, Yuuki Hitomi, Daniel, Azekno, IndecisiveKing, nomeacaso88, Chance Bramlett, Bas van Schoubroeck, Eric Staind, Alvin Leung, William Rodriguez, Christopher Bidwell, Rui salvaterra, Leon Zhu, D. T. Macemore, Agideon, Gregory, Smudi Corp, EESDESESESRDT, LoneWolf, Zuyao Wu, Jonathan Lamontagne, Alberto Escalera, Didrik Sagafos, Puggan Se, Daniel Cortez, Robert Pospisil, Yuffievalor, Jaycob Strunk, Grundy00, Riley, Eduardo, Od-Man, Rikashi Shiarimoto, Skyler Ting, Thevasenan Thevanesan, unknown, CopeyDunt, Hybris, Stephen White, Trevor Martinez, Logan, shawn plumley, colin love, Draxisaur4, Tobias Alkblad, JTOKING, Fluffypoochi, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah, merc8, Cameron Taylor, Joseph Bentley, Darkone33, Russell Davidson, Brandon Bradley, regenschabe, Casey E Maupin, Pedro Sousa, Bodybags87, Torrinth, Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Ascal, Schneedrache, Anthony Gauthier, Gregory Lamberta, Alzein, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, TheBroilern, Jay Owens, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Dr.SF, Jesus Hernandez, stalin see, Mynamejeff, Jordan thompson, vokal dwayne, Tyler Potter, bloodbane 21, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, Locke039, Cragen, Dylan, Armod, Jetdy S, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Zacary Thomas Dailey, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, rusty lewis, Sleay, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Maian, _Sup, Jay96, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Green3000, Shae D, Kyle, Ser, Freddie, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, Haarderade, Belduim, Darth Melkor, MacZeuss, Royce321, LORD SHAXX, Ynaxir, WiseRagnar, Hollowlce, TheMightOfTheMaster, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, saganatsu and I like books

Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to click ❤️

My Patreon-page
My ko-fi page

My Discord

 


26