Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 94. One Beautiful Morning II
353 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 94. One Beautiful Morning II

As soon as Flare arrived at Castle's entrance, she got down from her horse and strode through the corridor to the dining hall. According to his schedule, Angel should be having breakfast with Rose there. But the servants said Angel and Rose haven't arrived yet. Even the maids and Sarah were not back yet.

Since both of them had not arrived, Flare assumed both of them were still in the king's chamber. After a polite thank you, she strode into his chamber. Although she was a little confused about why the royal couple hadn't woken up yet, based on the king's personality, she guessed they might be talking about their departure to Pearl Gate City.

But what she saw in front of the king's chamber surprised her even more. Sarah and several maids were in front of the chamber's door with puzzled expressions. They whispered to each other in confusion.

Flare jogged to approach them.
"What happened?" she asked without further ado, skipping the formalities.

"We've been calling them for 10 minutes but we haven't heard any answer at all," Sarah said in worry. Just like Flare, she also skipped the formalities. While the others bowed their heads to greet Flare.
"General."

"Maybe His Majesty and Her Highness are still bathing," Flare guessed. She didn't feel any danger or change from Angel's magic flow, instead, his magic flow was so calm today. So he should be fine.

"We haven't prepared bath water for Her Highness yet. While His Majesty always takes a quick bath every morning. At least one of them answered us," said Sarah. Her worry was still clear, though from Flare's calmness it was clear she didn't need to worry about anything.

"Also... We didn't hear any noise from inside," another added with a blushing face.

It made them turn to the maid and frowned upon her words. She quickly curled in intimidation.
"Th-That's just for information. I didn't mean it for anything," the maid stammered.

"Maybe they're drunk," another guessed. She remembered Angel asking them to prepare some wine and glasses in his chamber.

"It's His Majesty's favorite Innocent Wine. How could they get drunk?" Sarah broke her guess.

"Well, that's unusual..." Flare tapped under her lips and thought about the cause but nothing crossed her mind.
"Let me try it." She was standing in front of the door.

"Your Majesty, may I have an audience with you? I just received an important report from Frost," said Flare.

But like what Sarah and others had said, there was no answer.
'Was he teleported along with Her Highness to another place?' guessed Flare. But he usually said something to her before he did it. At least he would send his Magic Messenger to her if he was in a hurry.

She threw a few knocks again and called his name. But he didn't answer.

Curious and confused, Flare finally decided to enter.
"Forgive me, Your Majesty. I will enter your room without your permission." She opened the door.

As the door opened, Flare, Sarah, and the maids' eyes widened in shock.

-----

"---ur Majesty." A faint woman's voice woke Angel from his sleep. But somehow Angel didn't want to leave the warmth and comfort. Even to open his eyes. It was the first time he had slept like a dead man.

Then the woman's voice came again. "Your Majesty, are you there? May I have an audience with you?" This time he recognized the voice. It was Flare, his general.

He forced himself to open his eyes.
'It's morning already?' As he began to gain his senses, he realized the scent that didn't belong to him and another presence beneath him. It made him realize he had slept in such an improper position. Looked like he fell asleep after he hugged her last night.

"Rose, wake up," he whispered. To which she answered with a muffled voice. Just like Angel, she opened her eyes lazily. Her body ached since Angel had pinned her down all night even though he hadn't done anything to her.

He was about to distance his body away, but Flare's voice came again.
"Forgive me, Your Majesty. I will enter your room without your permission." Accompanied by the sound of the door opening.

The royal couple's eyes snapped open. They turned to the door spontaneously and found Flare and the others showing the same shocked faces.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

My Patreon-page 

My ko-fi page

My Discord

12