Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 96. One Beautiful Morning IV
371 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 96. One Beautiful Morning IV

"It's rare for you to explain what happened," Rose said as soon as the door closed. She thought Angel would take that as proof of their intimacy.

He returned his gaze to her.
"Flare knew the deal. So I should explain it to her. Otherwise, she will think I have broken my words," he explained.

"But you did almost broke it last night," she reminded him.

He exhaled a long breath and lowered his head in shame.
"Indeed. It's so shameful and I regret it. But I hope it doesn't ruin our relationship nor break your trust in me." That was out of the ordinary. He even didn't understand why he could do that while he still had his full consciousness. Why was he so thirsty for her? Why couldn't he control himself?

He remembered how angry he was when he saw King Xenos almost r*pe Lady Belle, yet he almost did the same with her. It was the first time he experienced... lust.

But when he thought he had messed up, Rose's answer surprised him.
"It doesn't." Her words made him turn to her.

"But what you did last night gave me a new perspective. That you are a human, a man... Something that reminds me of our first meeting. That you have a flaw and are not perfect. That you're the same as me," she continued.

"You make me feel like a monster," Angel said. He realized she was giving him an 'in between' answer.

"Not a monster. But sometimes I see you as someone from outside of this world. It feels so magical and mysterious at the same time," said Rose.

"I see..." He couldn't deny it since he was also still confused about himself.
"So... Based on your new perspective of me, what do you think about last night?" Since she wasn't angry or showing fear, he wanted to know what she was thinking.

"Since you can control yourself in the last seconds, it's a good thing."

Rose's gaze softened. Her hand was holding his, showing that she was serious about what she was about to say.
"I appreciate you still holding on to your promise. Even though I know from that incident... You also have fallen hard. Same with me..." Indeed that incident left a bitter taste in her memory or a new experience since it ended with his honest confession. It made her happy that they shared the same feeling.

"So you're not mad at me?" he made sure once more.

"I'm not. Besides, I have to admit that what happened last night was half my fault. I shouldn't kiss you for no reason at the training ground," she admitted.

Although he was relieved that Rose wasn't mad at him, he was disappointed with her last sentence.
"But it won't be a problem if I do it with your consent, right?" he tried to push his luck.

"You're asking me a tough question," she replied.

"A difficult question for a difficult puzzle. I think it's a fair one," he replied. Of course, he meant her feelings.

Their eyes met each other. But rather than awkwardness, a smile appeared on their lips. It felt weird and funny considering how they messed up last night, yet their feelings hadn't changed.

"Thank you for last night," he said out of the blue.

"I didn't do anything," she replied.

"Your honesty is enough for me. I appreciate it. I hope it will happen more often in the future," he said in a calm tone.

Rose just opened her mouth to answer, but Angel spoke again.

"Minus my lack of manners, of course. I will control myself," he added.

"You didn't say anything about how I became your bed all night?" she teased.

Angel's smile widened.
"Thank you for accompanying me and being my bed all last night. Do you have any request for compensation?"

She was deep in thought for a while before she finally answered.
"A commoner's date sounds fun." She knew she couldn't bargain much for this and she didn't want to give Angel a lot of headaches either. Especially after what he did for her kingdom. Besides, she had already decided to help him.

"Then I shall accept your request. Just give me a day to decide where we are going. Or do you have a preference?" he asked.

"Surprise me." She decided to let Angel decide.

"Fine. I will ask Flare to prepare everything."

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

12