Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 103. The Royal Couple’s Night Walk II
404 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 103. The Royal Couple's Night Walk II

A few minutes later, they arrived at Luminus City's famous opera house. The building was much higher than the others with a dome-shaped roof. Colorful glass adorned the top of the building.

Dozens of horse carriages stopped in front of it, showing how crowded this place was. Some of them were nobles and others were wealthy merchants. One by one masked people got off the carriages. Still, their dress and suit showed their status.

Rose and Angel got off their carriage. Almost no one noticed them since their clothes looked more ordinary than others but that was what they wanted.

Amidst the crowd, they gave the tickets to a staff member who was standing in front of the door before they followed him. Rose's eyes looked around in curiosity. The small balconies above were already filled with nobles. Those were limited VIP seats which were usually occupied by nobles.

Likewise with Angel. This was his first time at an opera house. The royalty usually had its own pavilion for events like this and it was in the castle area.

In addition, although he often went outside the castle, he never visited an opera house. He was more familiar with high-class bars, hunter guilds, commoner bars, and even black markets. It was a place where he could get a lot of information or even buy it.

After the staff gestured to their seats, he asked.
"Is this your first time visiting an opera house?" asked the staff. He guessed it from their reactions.

"Yes. This is our first time," answered Angel.

"Let me explain a couple of things then. First, please keep your voice down for whatever reason. Second, if you need anything, just wave your hand at one of us. We will serve you. Your guards will be waiting outside and lastly, please restrain yourself from making a fuss," he explained.

"We understand," said Rose. After her answer, the staff left.

The two of them sat in their seats, among the other guests. There was nothing special about their seats according to Angel's request. But Claire bought the front seat tickets.

Rose tilted her head at Angel without taking her eyes off the closed stage.
"I'm so excited," Rose whispered to him.

"Isn't this the same as a regular opera?" he whispered.

"It's different. This is a theatrical one. I usually only watch musicals," she replied.

"I see. I'm more curious than excited. Claire said this is a new theatrical show. They were inspired by the last war."

That made Rose turn to him.
"Really?" she said in shock and disbelief.

"Yes. That's why I chose this opera over the others. I wonder what story they could write based on a war." And he was very curious how they could alter a war into a story that everyone could enjoy.

The whispers in the room faded as the light in the room dimmed, leaving the light focused solely on the stage. A staff member in a nice suit came out of the backstage and bowed to everyone. After he said welcome and said the play was inspired by the king's past, he returned backstage and the curtain opened.

All the guests were silent. Including Angel and Rose. The play was very interesting since they used a lot of backgrounds similar to Asteria instead of Euphorion. Although they altered the names, many people could guess who the actors who played Ilex and Angel, also Rose.

The story itself was more romance-like than the real power struggle. It was a romance play between Ilex, Angel, and Rose. But for sure they avoided bringing the Pearl Gate City incident into this play since they didn't want to make the others sad.

In the middle of the play, Rose brought her lips to Angel's ear.
"That actor surely can play his role well. His cold attitude is similar to yours," she whispered.

"All he did was stare coldly at that woman. He should have shown a better reaction on their first meeting," he replied.

She giggled under her breath.
"You should have looked at yourself when we met 5 years ago. You are cold and distance yourself for no reason. I thought I was talking to ice at that time," she teased.

It made him turn to her and frown.
"Was I? Then, why did you fall in love with me?" he said in confusion.

She replied with a smile.
"You don't need a reason to fall in love with someone."

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

10