Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 107. Pearl Gate City I
393 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dark Moon Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 107. Pearl Gate City I

Time flew, from days to weeks. The royal couple's relationship was getting better. In the morning and afternoon, they did their responsibility. At night, they slipped out of the castle and strolled around Luminus City as commoners.

One month had passed, and the royal couple left the castle for Pearl Gate City. Although the twins asked them to come along, he had to refuse their request since the city was still filled with poison. But Angel promised to take them to the requiem.

With a heavy heart, the twins had to hold their longing and only asked for a memento or two from the late Major Bernard. For the castle affair and the capital security, Angel entrusted it to Chancellor Allan and Flare.

Day by day passed. As their carriage got closer to the ghost city, Angel decided to ask.
"Rose, I'll ask you one more time. Are you sure you want to accompany me there?" he made sure.

He noticed that Rose's face was getting gloomy as they got closer, especially the last few days. He was sure Rose wasn't ready for this and didn't want Rose to break down after seeing what happened.

"I've gone this far. Of course, I'm sure," she tried to reassure him. Yet her anxiety was evident in her tone of voice. Fear gripped her heart. Although she was used to seeing corpses on the battlefield and knew the effects of the poison, this time was different.

This was not a battlefield. When the poison killed all the people, they were having fun at a new year's eve party. That was what made her sad. Not to mention it killed without exception.

Catching her uneasiness, he gripped her hand.
"Don't push yourself. I understand your good intentions. But you don't have to. Just wait for me in the carriage."

She looked at his eyes head-on.
"I understand your good intentions but please... Let me do it with you." Her gaze was filled with determination.

Angel was silent for a moment. His eyes fell on her before finally agreeing.
"Fine." He couldn't take her to the requiem so he had no other choice. Besides, this was the best for both of them. It was just, somehow... He didn't want to see her sad.

The carriage stopped and the royal couple got out of there. Beautiful trees and scenery greeted their eyes. The breeze brushed their hair and faces. But rather than that sight, their eyes immediately fell on the black dome that covered an entire city.

The gigantic dome made Rose stunned. She didn't expect all that power to only come from a single person.

"Shocked?" asked Angel in a casual tone. His eyes were also fixed on the dome. That dome was similar to the castle's magic barrier. It was indeed draining his energy. But he cast it without sweat upon his rage.

"Yes. I have never seen someone's power cover an entire city in my whole life," said Rose in amazement. Somehow with what they had done and the normal activities they were doing, Rose forgot that Angel had this huge power.

She turned to him.
"How did you do that?" she asked in confusion. She wasn't even sure that a platoon of expert magic users could create this many barriers.

"With rage and frustration," he admitted.

That answer made her pause and turned her gaze to the dome.

"We have to go now. I don't want to keep my soldiers here for too long," said Angel. His feet started to move towards the city.

Their carriage stopped 500 meters from the dome. So they were in the middle of nowhere. Angel forbade his troops or carriage from getting any further to protect them from the poison that might spread to the surroundings. He only allowed himself and Rose to approach the place.

They walked the path in silence accompanied by the beautiful scenery around them. Some small monsters tried to block them but Angel killed them easily with his dark power. He didn't even have to touch them.

Even though it made him look ruthless, Rose didn't seem concerned about it. Her mind was on something else and her heart grew more restless. Her heart was pounding faster and her legs were getting stiffer and harder to move. An immense fear gripped her. She was afraid of what she was about to see but also realized she had to take responsibility for what had happened.

Upon her uneasiness, he gripped her hand once more and it was enough it dispelled her reverie.

"I'm here. I won't blame you," he said in a gentle voice. It was weird since he showed that gentleness while his dark aura killed the monsters that tried to get close to them.

Even with that weird situation, Rose held his hand. She knew what he was doing made him, him. The Dark King with a heart.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

8