Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 108. Pearl Gate City II
359 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dark Moon Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 108. Pearl Gate City II

Once they arrived in front of the dome, Angel extended his hand to touch it without stopping his steps. Rose's heart was pounding since it was the first time she was so close to a massive dark force like this. Fear began to overwhelm her heart for whatever reason. Either because of the dark power or because of what she would face later.

Like living mud, the dome engulfed his hand and body. So did Rose. The difference was that they didn't feel anything when the dark power swallowed them. It was so magical and scary at the same time.

Their footsteps stopped. Darkness immediately greeted Rose's vision. Although the sun was still shining brightly in the sky, there was only darkness here. Not even the stars or moon was visible in the sky as if there was only eternal darkness there. No, it was as if the time had stopped when the tragedy happened.

Her ears caught the eerie silence. Not a single sound there. There was no sound of leaves, small animals, insects, not even the wind. And the air... It was full of deadly poison. If the two of them weren't immune to it, she was sure they would collapse once they entered this place.

They moved their feet forward. Their eyes fell on a beautiful gate that was only a few meters in front of them. But even with the magnificent ornaments, it looked lonely and empty.

Angel looked at the gate in sadness. He could remember when he arrived in the city for the first time five years ago. The gate looked fragile and the wall almost collapsed.

But with his hard work, he was able to turn that city into the largest trading city. He turned the slum city into a majestic city. Turning the pathetic gate into a luxurious gate. Yet all his hard work had to end overnight.

Blinking his eyes, he swallowed the bitter taste in his heart.
"Welcome to Pearl Gate City, Rose," he greeted Rose as everyone in the city would if they were still alive. Yet the pain and his overwhelmed emotions were evident in his tone of voice.

His hand gripped Rose's hand tightly as his foot moved again. This was his second time in the city and months had passed since the incident. But the pain in his heart remained the same. Despite his power, he felt weak since he was unable to protect his people.

'Hurt,' she thought. Rose walked by his side in silence. She didn't complain or say a word even though Angel gripped her hand too hard. It hurt her, yet she knew his heart hurt even more. Even though Angel's gaze was straight ahead, she soon realized his gaze had turned cold.

Trying to turn her attention to the others, she turned her head around. But what her vision caught was only a corpse lying everywhere. All of them died horribly. Even though most of them wore nice clothes, their faces showed the horror and pain that happened that night. How laughter and parties turned into nightmares and screams of pain, turning the bustling city into a ghost town.

As their feet strode down the empty street, Rose shuddered in horror. Goosebumps crawled on her body even though the cold didn't bite her skin. As her eyes kept looking around, the guilt in her heart grew even bigger. Even his grip did not hurt anymore.

Unfortunately, even though it was a big city, they had no other way but to walk since there wasn't a single horse there. It was a long and agonizing journey for Rose. Not physically, but mentally. Her eyes caught the horror scenes around her one by one and it tormented her heart. Her guilt was increasing with each step. She wanted to run away from there as soon as possible, but she held herself back. She had made her promise, so she would do it.

After a long tiring walk, they arrived at the square and Angel released his hand. Rose glanced at her wrist and quickly noticed the red mark there, signifying how hard his grip was. The throbbing sensation in her skin was getting clearer. But a moment later, she turned her gaze to Angel.

Without hesitation, Angel approached a boy's corpse. He knelt on one knee and smiled bitterly. His hand placed some caramel candies in the boy's hand.
"Hello, little boy. I'm coming again," he whispered softly.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

10