Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 109. Pearl Gate City III
384 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dark Moon Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 109. Pearl Gate City III

After those words, Angel lowered his head, closed his eyes, and prayed in his heart. Or maybe whispering his regret and apology due to his past incompetence. But he couldn't turn back time...

In that silence, Rose's eyes fell on Angel's back. The pain that enveloped her heart was getting bigger. Although no words came out of his mouth, somehow she could feel how heavy the weight on his shoulders was. And now, it was also on her shoulders.

The guilt, the pain, the responsibility, and regret...

It was all mixed up in her. Although she had many plans about what she was going to do once she arrived at this place, in the end, she couldn't move due to her overwhelming emotions.

Once again she took her sight off Angel and looked around. But what she saw tortured her even more. Her brain could imagine what happened before their death.

Her gaze fell on the bodies of men and women not far from them. Some leftover bite-size food around them, indicating that they were eating when the poison spread.

She looked the other way, but what she saw was a woman and a man with a little girl by their side. A newborn in the mother's arms. All of them die hugging.

That sight made her heart shrivel. Unconsciously, tears rolled down her face. The question of why her family could create such a terrible poison ran through her head. But she knew she couldn't change anything. All of it had happened in the past and nothing she could do but regret it.

She took some deep breaths to calm herself, but her nose only caught the suffocating smell of her family's poison. A few seconds later, she was finally able to move her body. She approached Angel and knelt beside him, giving respect to the boy.

A few seconds later, Rose let out her voice.
"Is he your acquaintance?" she asked in a trembling voice. An uncomfortable feeling filled her heart.

Angel opened his eyes.
"I don't know him, but he was the only one who was still breathing when I got here. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to save him," said Angel. His pain was clear from the tone of his voice. His eyes were on the boy.

"It's not your fault... Nothing can stop the poison once it's spread." She looked down. Her hand reached for the boy and stroked his hair.
"I was the one who should have been able to prevent all of this. Unfortunately, I failed... I didn't realize it was all Prince Ilex's plan. He used my name to trick my uncle and get the poison. If he didn't get it... Maybe none of this would have happened. " Once more, her tears flowed and trickled down the boy's face.

Noticing her tears, he turned to her. Gently, he placed his palms on her cheeks and wiped them from her face. Their eyes were on each other.
"I told you, I don't blame you," he whispered. This was the reason why he didn't want to bring her.

"You don't... But I blame myself for this," she whispered.

"I didn't give you permission for that either..." he said.

He stood up.
"I thought this was your fault. But I know it wasn't. You, me, and this city are Ilex's victims. And I will never let him go... I will never forgive him..." he said.

He extended his hand to her.
"But regret is not something this city needs. We have to move on. We have to rebuild it. You and me..."

She took his hand, stood up, and hugged him tightly, hiding her tears in his chest.
"Do you think they will forgive my family's sins?" she said quietly.

"I don't know..." He tilted his head up.
"For sure I don't want to give up on this city." Even though he said it in a calm tone, his determination was clear.

Without letting go of his embrace, he took out the antidote pouch from his blazer and used his dark power to spread it out. His dark aura went up to the sky, brought that powder, and spread throughout the city. Like a firefly of death, that power carried the powder throughout the city, entering every house and building.

Gradually, the poison was dissipating. A sign that this city would be free from the poison and a sign for a new beginning.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

12