Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 112. Pearl Gate City VI
280 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dark Moon Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 112. Pearl Gate City VI

"Yes, our last meeting was when you claimed the throne. Now, look at you. You have become a good king. An emperor I could say." Lucian turned to Rose who was not far from them.
"You've even found your beloved woman." Then he returned his gaze to Angel.
"Congratulations."

"Thank you." Angel shifted his gaze to Rose. "Me and her... Although we have straightened the misunderstanding between us, our relationship still has a long way to go." A long exhale followed.
"She hasn't trusted me completely yet." But he couldn't blame her since Angel wasn't completely honest either.

Lucian smiled gently.
"After what happened, I think it is normal. Be patient. You have made good progress. Besides, she is a fine woman. She deserves to be with you."

"Wish me luck," he replied.

"So? Why did you summon me? I'm sure it isn't for small talk, right?" Lucian made a bullseye guess.

The smile on Angel's face disappeared. Instead, a bitter smile took its place.
"Forgive me..." he said regretfully. His voice sounded softer.

“Is it for Pearl Gate City?” asked Lucian.

"Yes." Angel turned to the gigantic dome and looked at it from a distance.
"You've built that city from zero, yet I can't defend it"

"It's not your fault, Angelus. No one knew this would happen." Yet Lucian's sadness was clear from the tone of his voice.

"I know. But the fact that Asteria attacked this city and the people of Pearl Gate City died because of me, it's undeniable... I should have attacked Asteria first before they discovered my identity," he said in regret.

"But if you do that, it means you have violated the ancient agreement. Euphorion would become all kingdoms' enemy and you would lose your people's trust. They would think that you were the same as the late King Xenos," said Lucian in a gentle voice.

A long breath left Angel's mouth since what Lucian said was true. Unfortunately, even though he had deployed many spies, he couldn't prevent the tragedy.

"Don't blame yourself, Angelus. That tragedy was unavoidable. You couldn't do anything," said Lucian.

"The fact that I can't do anything also irritated me." Angel lowered his head and looked at his palms.
"Even with this great power... I couldn't save them."

"You are a king, Angelus. Not a God. Even with that power, you have a limit. There are some things that you can't change. For now, concentrate on the future. Your rotten cousin still wants to kill you right? " Lucian reminded him.

Angel turned his gaze to Lucian.
"Yes. I think the misunderstanding between us will never be resolved. We used to play together. Now I have to end his life despite the agreement."

Lucian smiled bitterly.
"It's a pity. Some people don't want to understand what happened to you," he said in sadness.

"Most people are. I prefer not to say a word about it." Angel turned to Rose. Slowly, his gentle smile bloomed as happiness enveloped his heart.
"Well, one person is starting to trust me now."

Upon his statement, Lucian glanced at Rose.
"She reminds me of the history of the ancient dark king."

A frown appeared on Angel's forehead.
"Which part?" He had read the book since childhood but had no idea what Lucian meant.

"The part when the eight warriors defeated the dark king," Lucian said simply.

Angel's frown grew clearer.
"Isn't that because they want to liberate this continent?"

"It is... But isn't there a personal reason for it?" said Lucian.

Angel's pupils moved side to side. His mind was deep in thought. But no matter how hard he tried to remember it, he couldn't find it in his memory.
"Never heard of them," he replied.

Lucian shook his head from side to side slowly.
"Asteria's royal family protects their pride well."

"Could you tell me what it is?" asked Angel curiously.

"The ancient dark king once fell in love with a woman from the Heart family. But she didn't love him, instead, she fell in love with the Holy Knight of the Reinheart Family. The dark king kidnapped her but she ended up committing suicide in front of the dark king and died in his arms. The dark king was a broken heart and the Reinheart family took the opportunity to kill him. That was how your family ended the war," Lucian explained.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

11