Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 114. Lucian Garden I
281 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dark Moon Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 114. Lucian Garden I

"Nghh..." Rose grunted and moved her head side to side before she slowly opened her eyes.

But she soon regretted it since she preferred the darkness to the blinding sunlight piercing her eyes. Her hand raised to block the light.

'Where am I?' she thought. Obviously, the sunlight showed she wasn't inside Pearl Gate City anymore.

'Is this a dream?' she thought. She remembered she lost consciousness when they were at the city hall. But her skin that could feel the heat of the sun made her realize it wasn't.

She forced her body to sit up and opened her eyes once again. The beautiful view of the Garden entered her view. Shady trees, beautiful flowers, and neatly arranged plants. Besides that, she also realized she was lying on a bench, which meant she wasn't in a random forest. In addition, she was also aware of a gigantic black dome not far from her, which meant that she was not far from Pearl Gate City.

"Angelus?" she called his name and swept her gaze around her.

But before she had the answer, she had found him.

Her eyes fell on Angel who was standing not far from her. He stared at a statue not far in front of him in silence. But... Even though she didn't know what he was thinking, she could feel a melancholy atmosphere from him.

Rose put her feet down and decided to come over to him. She stepped quietly. Although she didn't know where she was and what statue it was, it certainly was something precious to Angel.

The sound of footsteps coming from behind him interrupted Angel's thoughts and made him turn to Rose.
"You're awake," he said calmly.

"I am..." She stopped beside him and stared at the statue.
"I called your name, but you didn't hear it. I think this statue is very important to you, mind telling me what is it? And where are we?" she said.

Angel returned his gaze to the statue.
"This place's name is Lucian Garden. The late King Eiron built it after his son, the late Prince Lucian, died as a memorial. The prince is the one who built this city from scratch so I decided to visit it."

That was enough to explain Angel's melancholic gaze.

Rose glanced at the dome for a while before she returned her gaze to Angel.
"You brought me from the city here alone?" she made sure. Although the dome was still clearly visible, she was sure the distance was quite far away. Not to mention they were in the middle of the city before and he had to carry her on foot.

"Yes. It's not a big deal for me," Angel answered without telling her how he did it in detail.

Rose pressed her lips upon her own question. On second thought, Angel had a dark power that could cover the entire city, so bringing her to this place alone wouldn't be a problem for him.

"So that statue is the late prince and his son?" She tried to bring up another topic. She had heard of the interesting connection between the late Prince Lucian and Angel from the others.

A ghost, an exiled Prince, and a prophecy.

She had to admit, it sounded strange and interesting to her. She could hardly even believe it. All high nobles said it and she didn't catch the lie in their eyes.

Likewise, with Angel, he also said the same thing with them. So she had no other choice but to believe it. But what she did know was that the late Prince Lucian never had children.

"Yes, that's him. But the boy next to him is not his son. It's me," Angel answered.

She turned to Angel.
"Have you ever met the late Prince before?" she asked curiously. Based on the information, she knew Angel had never met the late Prince Lucian before.

"I haven't. I've only ever met his spirit. That statue was built on the late King Eiron's prophecy," he replied.

His answer made her confused even more. She had also heard about the prophecy and how Angel took everything. But she had never heard of how the late King Eiron was able to build his statue even before Angel came to Euphorion.

Realizing her confusion, he decided to tell her in more detail.
"Mind to hear another absurd story from me?" he asked. He had sent a Magic Messenger to the guards a few minutes ago to pick them up here, so, even though the sun was about to set, what he had to do was wait.

"I don't mind," she replied.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

My Patreon-page 

My ko-fi page

My Discord

 

9