Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 135. Exhaustion and Blood Smell IV
304 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 135. Exhaustion and Blood Smell IV

After bathing and having simple sandwiches as a quick breakfast, Angel rushed to the main hall and started the court. It was about Pearl Gate City and the new trading City they were going to build. As for the dead's remaining, the court decided to use them for the construction of the new city and to fund the orphanages where the deceased's children stay.
They also would give compensation to everyone who could prove to them that they were the family of the dead. The compensation was divided into several categories. Commoner, noble, officer, and merchant. It would also be subdivided based on their level and rank. Such as low, middle, and high.
As for the foreign merchants, they agreed to give less compensation than the locals. And it was only the main family who could receive it and had to distribute it equally to all family members. As for the children under 18 years, the kingdom would cover their living cost and education until they were adults and legitimate compensation.
The last decision was about the requiem. The court decided to hold it for two months since according to the Magic Messenger, the evacuation would take longer than they anticipated. In addition, the court also discussed independence day's preparations which would be held in a few days.
Even though it was only a few hours, Angel felt that the time was running slow due to his sleepiness. But somehow he could hold it in and keep his eyes open until it was over.
After the court ended, Angel went to his office to give instructions to the twins and check some important documents for a while before he went to the dining hall. He decided to take a rest for a while and continue his work in the afternoon.
The royal couple sat at the dining table and started eating. Oddly, even though Angel said he would say what happened to Rose, he didn't spit out a word.
"So, what do you want to tell me?" Rose decided to open her voice after a long silence. Her eyes fell on Angel who put his food in his mouth without any enthusiasm. His fatigue was evident on his face and she knew it. So she decided to ask just a few important points.
"Hmm?" Angel hummed blankly before he turned to Rose. All that was on his mind was sleep. Looked like he had been pushing himself too hard lately and missed his rest.
"You said you have information about Ivetta," Rose reminded him.
"Oh, right. About her---” His words trailed off as soon as he realized the room had too many people. He waved his hand to the side, ordering all the servants to leave.
Swiftly, the servants bowed and did his bidding.
“Ivetta and Ilex's plans are almost completed, so we have to make a move immediately. I hope you can help me," said Angel once all the servants came out of the room.
"Tell me what it is," she asked curiously.
“I'm thinking of bringing you back to Zephyrus to create opportunities for them. We can also use this opportunity to ask your uncle's permission for our marriage. What do you think?" he asked without further ado.
A frown appeared on her forehead.
"You mean you want to pretend to fall for their trap?" she made sure.
"Exactly. As for the others, I'll set it up with Frost. I need your approval since it's going to be a big battle,” he explained briefly.
"I think you already know what my answer is," Rose answered without hesitation.
He nodded repeatedly. A smile of satisfaction appeared on his lips.
"Good. Then I just need to set some things up with Frost. I'll talk about the details later. About the location, I'm sure you already know where it is. It's the unfinished battle arena," he added before he put the food in his mouth.
"So they made it their headquarters?" Rose assumed. A trace of anger was in the tone of her voice.
"Not headquarters. But traps. Ivetta turns that building into a big trap to kill us. Since that's what she wants, that's what we'll give. Just make sure you are in perfect condition before we execute the plan,” he reminded her.
"When are we going to do it?" she asked.
"After independence day," he replied.
"Okay. I will prepare myself as best I can. But if I can make a request. I hope you can return my whip so I can help you better,” she asked.
"Fine. But only for a day.”

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
12