Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 136. Exhaustion and Blood Smell V
223 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 136. Exhaustion and Blood Smell V
After those words, Angel continued to eat his lunch. Still, with the same sleepiness since the earlier conversation did not make his eyes fresher. He felt he could even sleep now, right there.
“May I know what you need to find?” Rose broke the silence between them once again.
That simple question was enough to get rid of his sleepiness. He felt more refreshed in an instant. His heart was beating fast.
“A sword… My family's sword.” His voice sounded like a mutter.
That answer made Rose frown.
"You mean the King's Sword? I thought King Gervis never let it get away from him?” she guessed.
Angel shook his head from side to side and smiled bitterly.
"It's another sword. The one which protects Eternal Harmony City. Guardian Sword," he replied. That sword shouldn't have left the city, yet Ilex didn't hesitate to use it to carry out his plans.
Actually, Angel wanted to prevent Ilex from doing it and bring him to King Gervis since what Ilex did broke the Royal Asteria's rules. But he was pretty sure King Gervis would only give him a light sentence and Angel had to live in the shadow of suspicion over what Ilex would do to get revenge on him in the future. He knew how deep Ilex's grudge was and it was incurable. So the only way to end it was to execute him and this was Angel's best chance.
That's why he decided to use the new agreement to execute Ilex. But he couldn't do it until Ilex did. He had to catch Ilex red-handed before he could sentence him. That way not only King Gervis, but all the Asterian nobles wouldn't be able to go against his decision either.
After remembering which sword he was referring to, Rose opened her voice again.
“That sword--- If he took it wouldn't that be the same as leaving Eternal Harmony City unguarded?” she asked in confusion. That sword was the power source of Golden Light Castle's Magic Shield and the city's protector. Even though she knew Ilex hated Angel, Ilex is a crown prince. He should put his people's safety above his personal grudge.
"Yes. He will do anything to get my head," he said before he put the food in his mouth again.
A frown appeared on her forehead.
“I don't understand his way of thinking. He---He's a crown prince. How could he…” Rose paused as she was at a loss for words. She knew Ilex loved his kingdom so much. That's the way she didn't understand why he did it.
A long exhale came out of Angel's mouth.
"I don't understand him either. But one for sure. I knew he wouldn't let me go and would keep trying to get his revenge no matter what. I have to get rid of him if I want to live in peace.” There was a trace of bitterness in his words since he once hoped that the last war would solve everything. Yet he was wrong.
“What about King Gervis? I'm not sure he'll just let it go," asked Rose. Ilex was the only prince, if Asteria lost him then who would be the next king? She was sure King Gervis would not let him.
"It depends on him. Even though he hates me, I know what's in his head is his kingdom. Still…” He shook his head from side to side once again.
“I'm not sure he can contain his anger after he lost Ilex. He might end up being my enemy too. So is Ophelia…” His bitterness and sadness became clearer.
Since he mentioned Ophelia, Rose quickly remembered a rumor several years ago, about how heartbroken the princess of Asteria was after she found Angel's death. She thought it was just an empty lie, so she always ignored it. But since she had the chance now, Rose decided to ask him.
“Angel… is Ophelia really in love with you?” That sounded absurd since they were a family, but if Ophelia thought the same as King Gervis and Ilex that Angel was not the real Reinhart. It could happen.
“She is… and she already confessed to me,” he admitted.
It took Rose by surprise.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
12