Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 143. Euphorion’s History Book V
290 11 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) -  143. Euphorion's History Book V

Once they arrived at the dining hall and sat in their chairs, the servants quickly poured the drink into their glasses. But instead of eating and letting the servants serve them, Angel waved his hand, ordering them to leave.

The servants immediately followed his orders. While they thought that Angel and Rose wanted to have a private romantic dinner, what the royal couple was talking about was something different from what the servants thought.

“You are right, this has something to do with my past. That's why I can't say much,” he started their conversation.

“Mind for telling me? I will keep my mouth shut,” she asked. She wanted to know him better and help him if she could. Especially since this had to do with his past.

He smiled wryly at what she said.

"I don't think anyone will believe you if you tell the others." A trace of melancholy was evident in his tone of voice.

“So… this has something to do with the crystal?” she guessed once again.

He nodded.

“This also has something to do with my father's killer. I'm looking for him and trying to track back what happened hundreds of years ago. It seems all of this has something to do with the grudge between the ancient dark king and the Reinhart Family,” he explained.

It was enough to make her grasp the cause of his unusual expression.

'That's why he went pale and checked the history book,' she thought. Childhood trauma was not something that was easy to deal with. Moreover, Rose knew that behind his cold face, he had deep past wounds. It haunted him with guilt and nightmares. And he was trying to deal with it.

“Then what makes you pale? I thought you've been reading that history book since you were Prince of Asteria," she asked the cause in detail. All the royal families on this continent had the history book and studied them once they could read. So she was sure he had just discovered something else in the book.

"I did. But I just found out that the Euphorion version is different from the Asteria version,” he explained.

"So the Asteria Royal family has changed their history book?" she clarified. The traces of her surprise were clear from the tone of her voice.

"They keep the original version. But they did not tell in detail. There are only a few important points and mostly some strategy to infiltrate the dark king's castle.” He hadn't mentioned the Heart Family since he didn't want Rose to think badly of him.

“Hmm…” She hummed. “ I wonder if every history book is written from a different point of view. Depends on each royal family,” she made random guesses since she remembered that her family history book was mostly about how her ancestors treated and supported warriors. It also mentioned a lot of things about how her ancestors used wild herbs or medicine to treat their comrades. So it was more like a medical book than a history book.

"It could be," he agreed. The public history book was much shorter and only told the outline. It was even shorter than the Asterian history book. In other words, the history itself was written in several versions based on what the royal family saw and experienced.

“Mind for telling what is written in your family history book?” he decided to ask. The ancient dark king had kidnapped the princess of her family so it should be in her kingdom's history book. He might be able to get more information from there.

“Mostly it's about medicine and medicinal herbs. How cruel the ancient dark king was. It also mentions the Reinheart family. How they admire them and how they hate the dark king to the bone. That's why my uncle pushed me to marry Ilex. He had always thought marrying the Reinhart Family was a good thing. But as you know Reinhart always chooses women from internal noble families to maintain their swordsmanship abilities,” she gave a long explanation.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
11