Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 144. Euphorion’s History Book VI
235 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) -  144. Euphorion's History Book VI
"I see..." Angel muttered. So it was written based on what the royal family saw after all. Angel guessed they did it so their descendants knew what they had to do in case the dark king rose again. The reason why the Reinhart family didn't write it in detail was that his ancestor killed the broken heart dark king by chance. So they couldn't explain clearly how he fought him. After all, telling everything frankly would only hurt their pride as a warrior.
Rose's eyes fell on Angel who was staring at his plate in silence. From the frown on his forehead, it was clear he was thinking about something.
“I know you still have something on your mind. Tell me," Rose said straight to the point. This was about Angel's old grudge and trauma. Something that had been bothering him for a long time so she understood his dilemma.
He turned his gaze to Rose.
"I wonder if I can check your family history book," he said. Even though Zephyrus was under his authority, he needed Rose to accompany him to check it. The book was full of medical records so Angel was sure he would need Rose to know more about the book's contents. Maybe he could figure out a thing or two from there. At least a clue that could lead him to something else.
"Sure. I will take you to the library once we arrive at Scarlet Stone Castle,” she said without hesitation. He had helped her a lot so she didn't mind helping him. Besides, she had already confirmed that he was the real Angelus Raizel.
"Thank you." Despite his words, Angel still hadn't touched his food. His mind was still filled with the dilemma about the dark king's castle in the Erebus mountains. His curiosity kept tickling him even though he knew he shouldn't have gone there.
"Is there anything else I can help you with?" she asked. From his expression, she knew something was still bothering Angel.
“Nothing,” he shook off his thoughts. “I think we should eat first. I'm hungry," he tried to distract his attention from the dilemma and hoped that the food would help him.
It was hard for him to let it go. Moreover, he had been looking for clues about his father's killer for a long time. But when he could find it, he couldn't go to that place since it had great potential as a trap.
Without waiting for Rose's answer, he took the cutlery and started eating.
While Rose who was sitting next to him had not made any move, instead her gaze was still on Angel. It was the first time she had seen Angel look so restless. It was visible on his face and broke his usual cold expression.
She wanted to ask more about what he found in the book, but she knew Angel didn't want to talk about it for whatever reason.
Picking up her cutlery, Rose turned her attention to the plate and started to eat silently. But guesses ran through her head.
'Is it because he has the power of the dark king? So he's afraid that he'll die like the ancient dark king one day?' she guessed. That was the only possibility. In other words, the dark king had a strong connection between the death of his father and Angel's dark power. Also… related to his future. That was the reason why he checked the history book.
But of all the time, why now?
He had been a king for five years. Yet he just decided to check it out. So Rose guessed this had something to do with something that happened at Pearl Gate City, or maybe it related to the mercenary group.
Rose glanced at Angel, trying to catch any changes in his expression, or maybe something that could be a clue. But again, he had put on his cold expression back. Still, Rose decided to say what was on her mind.
“Angel, I know this is difficult. But if you need something from me just say it, and I will help you," she said sincerely, looking at him.
Her voice made him turn to her.
"Thank you." Despite his words, his gloomy face did not change, showing that her words couldn't soothe him.
After those words, he continued to eat in silence. While Rose's gaze remained fixed on him.
'It seems his dilemma is worse than I thought,' she thought.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
12